Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111789 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.23-r1
« Reply #1905 on: January 15, 2015, 06:58:08 pm »

You can't.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:04 pm »

Well, you have to replace DF's copy of SDL.dll with the one distributed by DFHack. If you've already downloaded DFHack, it should only be a matter of copying over the file.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 15, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »

What are you trying to avoid about reinstalling? Do you have custom scripts? It shouldn't overwrite them unless they have the same name as scripts in DFHack.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:27:48 pm by expwnent »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 15, 2015, 09:17:31 pm »

If a command window is opening with DF, it's installed right.
Dfhack-run us not what you need to use.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 15, 2015, 11:36:51 pm »

What are you trying to avoid about reinstalling? Do you have custom scripts? It shouldn't overwrite them unless they have the same name as scripts in DFHack.

We have an insanely stupid, useless 37 GB hard-drive and the computer is over 10 years old. It just recently had it's space doubled so it's usable for basic things. To be brief, there's many house conflicts about it being dumb, and conserving hard-drive space when possible is a good thing. DF is all it has space and energy to run decently, without consuming the entire computer's resources.

Upon installing it I did overwrite the SDL file when asked, and it errored, so that's probably what caused the issue. If I were to just remove both instances of the SDL file and place them in a seperate folder and have nothing in the df folder, would it still install correctly, or would it not at all? I don't think I would be able to stop the error any other way.

If I have to I will reinstall it, i'm not that desperate, but it's an avoid-this-if-even-remotely-possible kind of scenario.

Well, you have to replace DF's copy of SDL.dll with the one distributed by DFHack. If you've already downloaded DFHack, it should only be a matter of copying over the file.

I can't replace just that because I can't open .7z files the same way I can open .zip files. It's not a folder or a pseudo-folder; the files are inaccessible. I have no choice but to extract it all at once, picking and choosing files is not an option.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 16, 2015, 12:17:56 pm »

I can't replace just that because I can't open .7z files the same way I can open .zip files. It's not a folder or a pseudo-folder; the files are inaccessible. I have no choice but to extract it all at once, picking and choosing files is not an option.

If the DFHack window is opening at all, replacing the DLL won't fix it.  But maybe that was a console window from dfhack-run or something, so it's worth trying a re-install.

You should be able to extract everything on top of the current install, which won't use up any additional space (once the tempfiles clear).  You can rename the two SDL files to ensure that they're out of the way.  Once things are running properly, go ahead and delete the renamed files.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 16, 2015, 03:00:29 pm »

OMG SO CLOSE, EXCITE TIME IS NEAR, it actually starts up and everything properly, still missing some globals though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still, the fact that it didn't just crash or load df without dfhack is good right?

Compiled and built the dev branch, arch linux, df 40.24, updated the symbols.xml with the one on newer commit, I think the globals was already the most up to date one but still damn close, awesome work!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:02:32 pm by Max™ »

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »

Question about DFHack:

What does it mean when a creature will marry one sex but "likes" the other?  Does "like" refer to a lovers' relationship that never progresses?

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 16, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »

If the DFHack window is opening at all, replacing the DLL won't fix it.  But maybe that was a console window from dfhack-run or something, so it's worth trying a re-install.

You should be able to extract everything on top of the current install, which won't use up any additional space (once the tempfiles clear).  You can rename the two SDL files to ensure that they're out of the way.  Once things are running properly, go ahead and delete the renamed files.

The problem is that it's not working at all. It's like I never installed DF-hack to begin with.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 16, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »

Question about DFHack:

What does it mean when a creature will marry one sex but "likes" the other?  Does "like" refer to a lovers' relationship that never progresses?

Yes, as far as I know.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:29 pm »

-delete-

Good Luck
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:22:44 am by funkydwarf »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »

I'm not really sure how your archive manager works, but the one I'm used to extracts to a new folder by default (i.e. not "over" an existing folder). Could you try this and copy over the two .dll files? (Replacing SDL.dll, as well as copying any other files/folders you haven't already.)
Also, you are using the SDL version of DF, correct?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 17, 2015, 06:09:29 am »

So then the only animals that won't breed are the ones who are straight-up (no pun intended) homosexual or asexual?

EDIT: Two additional questions:

1. Can you still get baby animals from a "lover" relationship?
2. Is there any way to tell if an animal has picked a partner, and who that partner is?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:13:23 am by Badger Storm »

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 17, 2015, 11:38:35 am »

Hi to every one, I tried to use latest df hack version (40.23) with df 40.24 but it crashes every time I start the game, how did you solve the issue in order to play df 40.24 with df hack?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 17, 2015, 11:39:43 am »

Hi to every one, I tried to use latest df hack version (40.23) with df 40.24 but it crashes every time I start the game, how did you solve the issue in order to play df 40.24 with df hack?
Don't.

Use version that is supported (e.g. if it's called dfhack 0.40.23-r1 it should be used with df 0.40.23)
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 360