Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52618 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »

Alexios looked over at Lian.
:"Oh, uh, hi Lian! And thanks! I only helped Aneira and Martyn out though."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:51 pm »

Alexios looked over at Lian.
:"Oh, uh, hi Lian! And thanks! I only helped Aneira and Martyn out though."
: "Which is to say, the entire south flank. Or well, I guess that Edward fellow was there as well, but I wasn't exactly counting on him." Lian stretched before relaxing her arms.
: "Oh! I almost forgot- Eyah!" Lian's right arm immediately shot up and her stance fell into a lunge, aiming to poke Alexios right in the forehead.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2014, 12:48:30 pm »

With a little yelp, Alexios tried to jump backwards, but was poked squarely on the forehead despite his best efforts. To his further surprise though, his gauntlet changed from glowing a soft blue to a luminous yellow.
:"Wh-- it-- huh?!"
He stared at the gauntlet, dumbstruck. It had never glowed this way before...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:14 pm »

: "Still need to work on those reaction times, it seems. Tsk tsk. You know, it's rather important for the heal-" Lian pulled back, and as she did, saw the glowing gauntlet.
: "Ah, hm. Is that normal?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:44 pm »

:"Well, no, this is new... still... this isn't actually bad! It feels like it's radiating power into me..."
He flexed his fingers, smiling a little at the new sensation.

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:08 pm »

Hilde did a small curtsey to Aika, before replying to her. May as well be polite, even if it wasn't exactly in her nature.

"S'nice tae meet ya tae. Ye said somehing about a Captain Liz befare, aye? She yer boss?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »

Aika shrugged.
: "Commander technically, but since she orders me around and I report back to her I guess "boss" is close enough. Do you know her?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Hilde was safe in the knowledge that she probably didn't know who this commander was.

"Nah, nah, ah I dinnae ken her. Was jus' curious."

"Ah suppose ye'll have met some of th' others, then. Jus' try not tae get battered next time we're inna fight, aye?" she said, laughing.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »

: "Hm, you and that gauntlet." Lian crossed her arms, looking at it from a safe distance, "You... Have any idea what it's doing?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »

The pegasus rider laughed as well.
: "I wasn't exactly in the best spot there. Not enough room to maneuver, too many brutes with axes. Put me up against some mages and I'll show them a thing or two."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2014, 09:02:04 pm »

"Whoa, yeah! You can already tell?" Dahzel starts unfastening his chestplate, revealing his mark. "Not sure where it came from. Gorick said he'd find someone who'd tell me where to go, but this works too!"

Dahzel asks for a Devil's Axe. Or an Iron Axe. Yeah, probably just an Iron Axe. Edward can make all the mistakes he wants.

"Sensing magic is as easy as breathing for one as skilled as I," the scholar said as he waited for Dahzel to finish undoing his chestplate. "Hmm, a most interesting mark this is. It seems to be used to lock certain memories in place; however, I'm unable to read this..." the man mumbled, sounding somewhat frustrated. "Perhaps if you could tell me what memories are tied to this mark I could help you with it."

Aneira shrugged.

"I'm fine with it so long as she's fine with it. Lets go then.  He's close by, so it shouldn't take too long."

"L-Let's get going then! No point in just standing around!" Alice said as she walked out the door and held it open for Aneira.

Aika grinned at the woman. Her accent, while heavy, had an undeniable rustic sort of charm to it.
: "Oh yes, you were the healer from the battle. Good to meet you, Hilde. And yes, I'll be staying until I'm ordered elsewhere; it's a miracle that I even made it here, so I'm not eager to try my luck attempting to fly out on my own! Not with bandits and traitors roaming the lands."

Faewynd, meanwhile, was staring expectantly at the young boy. She had heard the words "apple" and "carrot", and was hoping that words would be followed with actual food.

As the two women talked Peter scurried off to find either apples or carrots. He found both in the form of an abandoned stall and, without another thought, scooped up a few of them and returned to Aika and her pegasus. Surprisingly, the proper amount of gold was left on the counter...

"I found some!" Peter said excitedly. He kept his distance from the pegasus though, he'd heard they bite if you approached them wrong.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:45 pm »

: "Perfect. Now, put some food in the palm of your hand, move up to her slowly so she can see, and just hold it out to her. Keep those fingers out of the way or you might lose a couple!" She winked at the boy.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:39 pm »

With a grin, Aneira gestured for her to follow him. As they walked along, she asked,

"So, you're from the tribes too?"

As she was waiting for an answer, they stumbled across Alexios and Lian.

"Hey you two. How... Alexios, that gauntlet. That's not normal, is it?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 31, 2014, 10:54:01 pm »

: "Perfect. Now, put some food in the palm of your hand, move up to her slowly so she can see, and just hold it out to her. Keep those fingers out of the way or you might lose a couple!" She winked at the boy.

Peter chose to go with a carrot, as it extended farther away from his hand than an apple did, and slowly approached the pegasus.

With a grin, Aneira gestured for her to follow him. As they walked along, she asked,

"So, you're from the tribes too?"

As she was waiting for an answer, they stumbled across Alexios and Lian.

"Hey you two. How... Alexios, that gauntlet. That's not normal, is it?"

"Y-Yes... I'm from the... tribes." Alice said, sounding far more uncomfortable than usual.

When she spotted two more people, of whom one was apparently named Alexios, she made a small effort to attempt to hide behind Aneira.

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:20 pm »

Just when he was about to start a discussion about the difference between the control of Ancient magic and Dread magic with Edward based on the understanding of Itolian academic level knowledge, Ekul could not help but notice the artifact now glowed yellow instead of blue.

Wracking his brain over the artifacts his mother used to delve into as well as the scholarly articles he read back in the academy, the scavenger pondered on the possible significance of the artifact glowing of a different colour. Perhaps it was an indication that a new capability was unlocked? Or perhaps it was a sign of its power diminishing. Based on his knowledge of artifacts, colours were largely signs of power indicators or leakages.

Taking out his notebook and pen, Ekul began scribbling some notes onto the page with the gauntlet drawn on it and grinning like a child who was given a birthday present a year in advance as he started speaking.

"Woah, Alex, I said I'd want to study that artifact at length later, not now man! Heh, now that you've tempt me with that display, may I ask, how do you activate its abilities? Is it dependant on a power word, push or pulling some trigger in its? Perhaps you only need to pump magic into it?"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57