Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69941 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 28 - minor adjustements
« Reply #540 on: August 06, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

I changed the zoom level it would go down.
Thats perfectly normal behaviour for Rendermax. It crashes when you go from window to fullscreen, from fullscreen to window, or change zoom.

I will look into METALLIC_WHITESAND and co.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 06, 2014, 01:14:10 pm »

I see crashes when zooming all the way out too. And I have Rendermax off. When I tried Rendermax, I flat locked up the client session. Had to kill it using Task Manager.

I forgot about because I put myself into "don't DO that" mode. :)

Seems race doesn't matter. As I recall it happened with dwarves, gnomes, kobolds, orcs and humans. But my memory here is questionable. The last two I am sure of because they are the last two I have been playing, and it has happened in both.

I turn off werewolves too, and have seen those errors. Here's a sample:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The toad one pops up with the werewolf ones. I am currently playing human, but saw it in other races too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: August 06, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

The toad one comes from disabling extra demons, as the sideeffect of drinking toad shots can be that you turn into a custom demon for a short while.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #543 on: August 06, 2014, 04:02:12 pm »

:'(

Can someone please kill me?

I was just adding orc and succubus update and got very confused, because so many files are different, in dfhack, stonesense, inits... that cant be, Smake and Boltgun wouldnt change so much. And why is that and this change missing in the human/dwarf files, I am absolutely sure I added something there...

Turns out that at some point in the last few days I accidently continued working in my "experimental mdf with dfhack r5" version, instead of the r4 version for the release. Now everything is mixed up.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:07:34 pm by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:53 pm »

It's no biggie, just means you might need a few days more to get things rightside up again.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:15 pm »

That really sucks! But its also exciting because it means you're working on an r5 version...

On a tangent, why's it always rightside up? Isn't it just as important to have the rightside down?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #546 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

Well, it turns out it was easier to fix than anticipated, since I seemed to have missed only minor raw changes which I ported now. Good thing the humans and orcs dont rely on dfhack so much.

Work continues as planned.

PS: R5 version is something that needs a few scripts updated, but not many people update scripts atm, because they are awaiting the dfhack r6 update to df2014. Which means that I have to wait as well. I tried to get a r5 version running now, but to no avail, a few features would be missing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #547 on: August 06, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »

Dev Log - Day 29

Getting close now.

Today I averted a crisis of unvoluntarily releasing a broken r5 version without noticing, I merged Boltguns Succubus Changes, Smakes Orc Changes, several smaller balancing things for Warlocks and Kobolds and Goblins, added some new functionality (engrave slab) to all civs, and made balancing changes on humans, and almost finished the manual. Only more proofreading and updating outdated parts remain.

Part of the fixes( but by no means all)
Misc Fixes
 - Changelings no longer mentioned when a megabeast is revived.
 - Fixed Rock Crystal raws.
 - Added more armor and clothing to goblins.
 - Gnomes now ride into battle on mechanical animals like scoprions, gorillas, elephants and bulls. Their attacks should be more powerful now.
 - Fixed some empty caravans, if the civ arrives without wagon and only with pack animals.
 - I raised mineral scarcity from 100/200 to 400 in the preset worldgens. Should result in a little bit less minerals.

- Added diamonds, sapphires, emeralds and rubies as high-value gems to the merchant stall.
 - Converted Ore Merchant from copper/silver/gold to gold only. (I missed that one, it was in reaction_human, not reaction_trading.)
 - Fixed some profession naming errors.
 - Added skill help titles and more info to reaction names, like gold prices.
 - Brick splitting block only accepts non-economic rocks now.
 - Praying now raises skills.
 - Orcish Flachette Guns now give proper ammo (they use darts, not bullets)

Oh, and there is a new picture in both the manual and the main thread, done by Mike Mayday. :)  Was about time I release that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 29 - Succubi and Orcs
« Reply #548 on: August 06, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »

Added something new: Merchants Guild sells contracts, without you having to rely on caravans. Each upgrade of the guild unlocks 2 more contracts. :)

Edit: Someone requested full sets of clothing to buy... its done. 2 shoes, 1 pants, 1 shirt (which is the minimum clothing any civ member need), made of either wool, cotton, fur, leather, silk or rare silk, buyable as a set in the clothing merchant. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:35:44 pm by Meph »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:00 am »

:'(

Can someone please kill me?

I was just adding orc and succubus update and got very confused, because so many files are different, in dfhack, stonesense, inits... that cant be, Smake and Boltgun wouldnt change so much. And why is that and this change missing in the human/dwarf files, I am absolutely sure I added something there...

Turns out that at some point in the last few days I accidently continued working in my "experimental mdf with dfhack r5" version, instead of the r4 version for the release. Now everything is mixed up.

Ouch, that's hard when you realize that you have been working on a wrong version. It's like finding out that you spent the day working in a save and not the raw folder.  :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 07, 2014, 04:44:35 am »

LIES. The art for the 'factions' is all LIES. THAT IS NO DWARF. IT HAS NO BEARD.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #551 on: August 07, 2014, 10:33:45 am »

Dev Log - Day 30

For completions sake: Today was the release,so I did that, the forum post, reddit post, facebook post, and thats it for this little project. Thread closed.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]