Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 69945 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 1 - Wailing Banshees and infected Werewolves
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:21 am »

Because they might spawn all-skeleton caravans (opposed to life) and that ends in disaster.
But why they cant trade with other civs? Esp. humans.
What?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:23 am »

Well, they do kill their pull/pack-animals as soon as they enter the map, and then leave, leaving all the items lying around on the map edge. Its not really a kill team, more of a gift-giving team.

Ah, right.  Opposed-to-life means hostile-to-pack-prisoners.  Got it, that's a significant flaw.

Hmm... any chance of patching that by making one or more of the caravan creatures radiate control, in the same way that warlocks do?  Possibly the wagons or something?

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:12 am »

I'm tremendously excited for humans! I've been wanting them playable for a loooong time. Thanks for being awesome, Meph!
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 03:30:59 am »

Well, they do kill their pull/pack-animals as soon as they enter the map, and then leave, leaving all the items lying around on the map edge. Its not really a kill team, more of a gift-giving team.

Ah, right.  Opposed-to-life means hostile-to-pack-prisoners.  Got it, that's a significant flaw.

Hmm... any chance of patching that by making one or more of the caravan creatures radiate control, in the same way that warlocks do?  Possibly the wagons or something?

Well, we did have the raws for the meat wagon, adding control (when no warlock is present? Or does that break Warlock mode?) and making them the only thing warlocks use as pack "animals" would be awesome.... If a bit terrifying.

Speaking of trading with nasties: Will trading with evil/uncivilized races via the tradebuildings have negative effects for a human settlement? Like humans being upset that you sold a soul to the warlock next door?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 03:44:28 am »

No, trading with Warlocks is ok in the custom buildings.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 05:24:18 am »

Dev Log - Day 2

I finished the entity files for the new races, fixing the noble names, and doing more test embarks. Everything looks quite good and I will keep them as they are atm. Further balancing will be done after community feedback.

Kobold mode got many changes, most important a breakable shovel made of wood... you can dig, but the shovel will break after a week. And the thieves tunnel is changed fundamentally, 15 reactions, one for each race.

I redesigned a few workshops and used Roses upgradebuilding script to make the list much, much shorter.

Kobolds also have a few buildings less (tinkerer gone for example), but other new buildings. They can steal the tech for a gnomish tesla coil, or a mist generator from the automatons. The animal training has improved, and the breeding warrens dont spawn a new kobold, but rather empregnate the (female) worker. This means you get cheap kobolds quickly, but you have to wait 1 year for them to grow up.

In short:
 - Shovels for early digging.
 - Cleaned up workshop menu.
 - New Thieves Tunnel.
 - Several new buildings.

I know that people will be a bit confused as to why I am working on Kobolds, but they got broken a lot when I introduced the new MDF races. Kobolds rely on stealing from other civs, and if so many other civs change... Kobolds have to change. ;) But thats pretty much done now. I will playtest Kobold mode tomorrow, hopefully find time for the kobold manual, and follow it up with a V.5.08 release. :)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 2 - Kobolds... wait, what? Bolds?
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:14 am »

Pretty cool but did the toad brew get fix, if so idiot of me for asking. I do like the idea of rose's upgrade system which will save a lot of room in fort.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:15 am »

Haven't been able to play for a while due to computer problems (using the slower laptop atmo). Glad to know I'll be coming back to something good!

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 10:13:15 am »

Can you set it so that Warlock caravans are always a couple of warlock traders, with prisoner/slaves or non-Hostile to Life creatures pulling the carts?

Or, in case of a skeletal caravan, which would be problematic without a warlock controlling them for thematic reasons.... Skeletal Horses that don't trigger their hostile to life reaction?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 10:52:25 am »

-.- my warlock caravan's didn't have opposed to life issues in my test fort meph. they also let me order adamantine and slade >:} must be from my home fort in my other world.. >:}

but for other civ's why not let pack animals controll undead like warlocks do.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:32 am »

Hoorah! 'bold update! With Shovels! And a Manual update! I'm super excited to see that one come out!

I've been struggling to get slot of my kobold forts up off the ground lately, (maybe cause I'm a masochist that only wants to embark on Savage surroundings), but some basic, if limited dirt digging would be a wonderful addition for early game!

Also, I love that you compressed many of the Buildings. Clutter and organization of the shops have always been a problem for me, especially with the big worksops. I never seem to plan ahead enough and end ip making it all a hodge-podge of shops everywheres.  :P

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2014, 11:29:08 am »

Awesome. I am excited that kobolds got some love and that you're finding good ways to expand the workshop trees. That should help people (me atleast) figure out what workshops to build next.

Are the wood shovels soil only?
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2014, 11:40:36 am »

Awesome. I am excited that kobolds got some love and that you're finding good ways to expand the workshop trees. That should help people (me atleast) figure out what workshops to build next.

If I recall correctly, discussions said the shovels were to be used for dirt in 99% of cases, but if you were pressed you could dig through a 'single' block of stone, and break it immediately.

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2014, 12:12:57 pm »

Shovels can dig only soil? What about picks?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2014, 03:03:22 pm »

If I recall correctly, discussions said the shovels were to be used for dirt in 99% of cases, but if you were pressed you could dig through a 'single' block of stone, and break it immediately.
No one ever said that. ^^

Shovels work like this: They are a normal DIGGER item, just like a pick. But you can only make them in a custom reaction in the Dirt Digger workshop. They cost 3 wood logs. They automatically deteriorate, with a shell life of about 1 ingame week, regardless of use. They can mine both soil and rocks. But since rocks are deeper and take longer, you get much more done in the soil levels.

In the early game you can dig some hovels, maybe a moat, a bit of farming area. You might even dig a straight stair down into the caverns. But to mine out large areas of rock and ore, you will need lots of bolds, lots of shovels, and you will run out of wood sooner or later.

Kobolds no longer have access to picks. You cant make them, you cant steal them, you dont have tradepartners that trade them... its only the shovels.

did the toad brew get fix
What exactly do you mean? I did split the long syndrome into 53 smaller syndromes, so the bug that ended marghells community fort got fixed. Is that the one you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37