Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 367654 times)

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2015, 09:53:42 am »

"The Entangled Storm" (StistmigTogal)... Praise be the RNG for that truly awe-inspiring name!
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 27, 2015, 12:27:25 pm »

"The Entangled Storm" (StistmigTogal)... Praise be the RNG for that truly awe-inspiring name!

Hmm, where did you see that?

Also, good news! The new chapter is finished, and can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/KO0Sv

I haven't updated in on the front page just yet, I have some formatting changes I want to make before I include it there or post it on reddit. But you're welcome to read it now! Enjoy.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 27, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »

Alright, I've updated the OP with the new chapter. Additionally, I've included two table of contents, which are identical except that one links to the vertical layout, and one links to the horizonal layout, for each chapter. If anyone notices any errors in the links, please let me know.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #438 on: November 27, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »

Yay for Roomcarnage, awesomeness, and horizontal layouts!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 27, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »

I actually translated the name using this site, before I noticed it's already in the item description.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 27, 2015, 06:09:38 pm »

I actually translated the name using this site, before I noticed it's already in the item description.

Ah, I meant where in the story. I don't recall the name of every last item, heh.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 27, 2015, 06:14:29 pm »

It is the name bestowed upon a copper blade by a fortress guard who slew a forgotten beast back in the days. She's mentioned in the early part of this new chapter.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:19 pm »

You do realize you can just Ctrl+F dat sh*t, right?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 27, 2015, 06:20:42 pm »

Curses! Suicidal children in the deep!

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 27, 2015, 09:08:50 pm »

Once again reminded of how awesome RoomCarnage is. Great work.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 28, 2015, 12:41:54 am »

That is one heck of a gambit!
hamster cheese supplies are low

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 28, 2015, 09:06:45 am »

Another wonderful update, as usual.

(And thanks for the layout!)
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2015, 01:07:28 pm »

So, now that we have this much time remaining until the next DF update, do you think this will affect your post frequency?

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2015, 02:28:16 pm »

Not at all, I probably won't play the new version with any serious time investment.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 16, 2015, 11:21:03 pm »

Well, the new version is out. I've played about 10 minutes of it, as a human bard with a sitar-like instrument, strung with glass. Strange.

Anyways, I'm about a third of the way through the captions for this chapter. It's... a special one.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44