Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53446 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR: Signups Over, Making Roles [12/12]
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2014, 10:51:41 pm »

An attempt by one of the vandals to delete Wikipedia's main page was made at the exact time a bolt of lightning hit a set of assorted mysterious chemicals on a shelf in the computer room.  The electrified chemicals, combined with the attempted deletion of the Wikipedia main page, had surprising effects: the volunteers all rapidly developed superpowers based* on Wikipedia articles.  This event, later known as the Accident, would have long-term worldwide implications.

At the time, though, those of the volunteers who were honest knew they had to quickly** stop the three vandals.  Wikipedia, and the world, had to be saved.

*Loosely
**Over the course of multiple >24 hour days

Day 1 has begun!

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*flabort - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*Ottofar - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Jiokuy - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - (0)
Not Voting: Everyone

Day ends 9:00 PM Wednesday, June 25th, or until hammer (7 votes).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [12/12]: Day 1 - Contrived Power Explanation
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2014, 10:56:25 pm »

PTDfun: how do you believe this game will differ from the BM's you have played in?
TolyK: have you played mafia on these forums before? If so, what was your opinion?
Varee: how will being in a different timezone effect your gameplay?
EPenguin: you have made exactly two posts on the forums, both in this game. What inspired you to create an account here?

That covers all the newish players and I'm too tired to ask more questions tonight.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 11:05:15 pm »

4mask Will you have time to play? Or will you get a replacement? I think it was you who quit supernatural due to medical issues; will these issues interfere with BYOR?

Hapah Who do you most suspect at this early stage? It's OK if you just point with your gut feelings.

Persus What kinds of powers can we most expect? Can we expect a pattern?

Ottofar What kind of power do you most fear?

MOWE What kind of behavior can we expect from most of the players here? What can we expect from you?

Jiokuy If you could pick your allies for a scum team of 3 (you and two others), who would they be?

Everyone else If you had a night 0 inspection result, and it told you who a scum was, would you reveal right away?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2014, 04:28:42 am »

Good morning, everyone.
I have a feeling this will be a hard game for me... :D
Just a quick note, first, that I will be unreachable tomorrow for most of the day, then I should be free as a bird.

TolyK: have you played mafia on these forums before? If so, what was your opinion?
Yes, and I think I've played in more BYOR's than other games. But I've got about a dozen games here, so I'm not really new (well, maybe to you... :P)
That covers all the newish players and I'm too tired to ask more questions tonight.
I haven't been here much lately, though, so there's that.
As to your question, I love this board, especially the BYOR's. I've tended to be Mafia though, and I tend to get lynched regardless the second or third day.

Everyone else If you had a night 0 inspection result, and it told you who a scum was, would you reveal right away?
No, because:
a) that would be damn unfair if it was 100% sane
b) it would be pretty damn powerful, which would mean that it probably wouldn't be 100% sane*, or there would be repercussions* to naming roles early.

*either the cop isn't 100% sane, or there are millers and godfathers or the like
**such as third parties or mafia having vote-switching powers

Considering I really only remember Ottofar, Toaster and Hapah, this will be even more interesting.

Toaster, do you remember why you're one of the most dangerous scum? :P A more serious question (still answer the last one, though) is, if you were a Mafia-Ally, would you try to somehow tell (or hint to) them that you're an Ally, or that an Ally exists?

EPenguin, how would you rate our playstyle? Not on a scale of 1 to 10, I mean several adjectives.

MOWE, if you had a roleblock and you were pretty suspicious of someone, or if you had a protect and were pretty sure someone would be targeted, which would you choose?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

Flabort:

Hmm.  While I would almost certainly reveal it, I would be tempted to wait 24 hours or so to let the game start happen by itself a bit.

TolyK:

Why?  Is it because...

Toaster, do you remember why you're one of the most dangerous scum? :P A more serious question (still answer the last one, though) is, if you were a Mafia-Ally, would you try to somehow tell (or hint to) them that you're an Ally, or that an Ally exists?

...you are a Mafia-Ally?

Persus:  Would you rather be on a larger scum team with weaker powers or a smaller scum team with stronger powers?

Varee, PTDFun, and EPenguin:  I haven't played with you folks before.  Have you read any previous games from this board?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:59 am »

TolyK:

Why?  Is it because...

...you are a Mafia-Ally?
I like how you didn't answer my question, and voting me after I voted you is just icing on the cake. Will you please answer it?

And to answer your question... no, I'm not a Mafia-Ally, and it will be harder due to another reason.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2014, 10:53:12 am »

Varee, PTDFun, and EPenguin:  I haven't played with you folks before.  Have you read any previous games from this board?

to be frank no ....

[/size]

flabort If i do, will you believe me? , i might anyway just for the sake of it

Varee: how will being in a different timezone effect your gameplay?

It will mostly mean i can only post twice a day and no real time interation as i pretty much sleep when you wake up ( assuming you are in NA)

So a general question
Everyone Else any insight on you guys power? My power is pretty sneaky

Edit:sry am sleepy now and it is late.....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:13:33 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2014, 11:06:03 am »

Oh boy.

It would be very helpful if you would write with proper grammar and would preview your post for formatting errors before you posted, Varee...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2014, 11:41:49 am »

flabort If i do, will you believe me? , i might anyway just for the sake of it
That depends on how believable your claim is. Probably, though, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. Unless it was me, though, because I know I'm not.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2014, 11:49:27 am »

4mask Will you have time to play? Or will you get a replacement? I think it was you who quit supernatural due to medical issues; will these issues interfere with BYOR?
4mask is up and back in full operation. I only replaced out because I had a surgery. However, a warning: those of you who expect me to be the spastic and fast-responding player will be sadly mistaken, because I am currently posting from phone on vacation and then am starting my internship when I get back.

Persus: if you got to pick an ideal scum team for this game, who would you pick? Why would you pick them?

Toaster: same as Persus

Varee: just a tip: blatant role fishing is often frowned upon.

To the scum team: a plague on all your houses. I will find you and I will lynch you.

Flabort: what scum team would you fear the most.

Jiokuy: You're kinda new, but have some experience with complicated games. What advice would you give to our new or BM-only players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2014, 11:58:29 am »

Also, an apology to TolyK for calling him new just because I hadn't seen him, you're nearly as experienced as I am, and probably have more BM's.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2014, 11:58:29 am »

I most fear the kind of scum team with a revive. Or that can gain new powers on the fly (which includes cults). Primarily the former.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2014, 11:59:46 am »

Varee, just a note, you aren't allowed to edit. I can vouch that nothing was removed this time, but don't do it.

Flabort: I meant which players, but that works too.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2014, 12:02:50 pm »

Edit:sry am sleepy now and it is late.....
Varee: No editing in Mafia.  I know you changed nothing of substance, but still, don't edit your posts.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2014, 12:03:16 pm »

Oh, OK, sorry for confusing that.
Out of these players, probably a Persus Hapah teamup would be the scariest. From what I know of the players, of course.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30