Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42690 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile

flying kitten corpses, dwarves dying from dehydration and poisonous liquids, our army is a joke, nothing is working, we've got a vampire which also happens to be our queen locked up somewhere, ghosts of children and past overseers haunting our chaotic, disorganized halls and tunnels, an average of 100 deaths every year and a bunch of barrels of blood, like we're a blood bank or something (it might have something to do with Her Majesty)... and to top it off, killer rabbits? this fort is awesome

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

flying kitten corpses, dwarves dying from dehydration and poisonous liquids, our army is a joke, nothing is working, we've got a vampire which also happens to be our queen locked up somewhere, ghosts of children and past overseers haunting our chaotic, disorganized halls and tunnels, an average of 100 deaths every year and a bunch of barrels of blood, like we're a blood bank or something (it might have something to do with Her Majesty)... and to top it off, killer rabbits? this fort is awesome

Too long to sig, but oh, the temptation.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

Wait, I died? When did I die?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

oh god oh god oh god it's my turn oh god
くコ:彡

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, I died? When did I die?

Sorry, snackfox, I'm honestly not sure. Chances are good that either a guard killed you over a trifle or a child punched you in the head because they were sad, and heads are made of wet paper.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

Man, Harvestcoast was a stable fort (by Dwarf Fortress standards, anyway) before. And then we just spilled the milk jug fulla fun. What the heck happened?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure it started during your turn when Houn went mad, presumably because of inadequate furnishings in her rooms.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

I'm pretty sure it started during your turn when Houn went mad, presumably because of inadequate furnishings in her rooms.
Yeah, I have to agree.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

So, uh, Escondida? You still there?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, 'sup? Was there a problem with the download?

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

Wait oops I thought it was still Escondida's turn.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I couldn't bring myself to finish winter, honestly, but since I started at the start of winter, it all works out.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the wait, guys, a combination of family events, job hunting and depression has left me basically half dead. I'll try and put something out this week.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this still going?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time runs slower in Harvestcoast (-: .
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26