Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45730 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #540 on: June 24, 2014, 01:34:30 pm »

To see who's archetype is better or to see who's archetype we include? Cuz' I say we include all of 'em.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 25, 2014, 05:44:08 am »

I would be up for a tournament
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 25, 2014, 05:47:04 am »

To see who's archetype is better or to see who's archetype we include? Cuz' I say we include all of 'em.
To see which one is better. Maybe we could- wait, has anyone ever heard of Duel Portal?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 25, 2014, 09:46:01 am »

Nope, but I just typed it into a search engine and got this.  Looks interesting. 

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a tournament.  DN or in-character?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 25, 2014, 09:51:58 am »

Depends. Maybe we could use Duel Portal, and use created archetypes, or something? Or, if people want to use actual cards, we could use DN. It all depends on what we want to use.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 25, 2014, 02:55:24 pm »

Blitz, it would probably be a really good idea to link the IC thread in the OP.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:40 pm »

Hmm...
Yes. It probably would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »

:P

So what's your archetype Blitz? We should all corroborate on the archetypes, to help with balance and fluff, to a certain degree.

For example, I'm having some trouble in thinking how to make Deep Space/Hyperspace balanced while still being effective, and managing to keep the fluff varied and interesting between all the cards. I'm thinking Hyperspace will have lots of stuff to do with banishing for a short period of time before it comes back, and is meant to be more about special and tribute summons, while Deep Space is all about the Union monsters and swarming the field to Synchros and Fusions with really neat, possibly niche, effects. And of course, they support each other similarly to the Galaxy and Photon archetypes.

(Deep Space is kindof a mix of Vylons, VWXYZ, Gradius, and sortof Photons, while Hyperspace is more like...I dunno. A mix of D.D., maybe some Dark World, and...I dunno. I don't have as much of an idea about them).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

My archetype? Haven't really decided on one. Here's a few;
Dragon Lords
You know, the villain cards?
Dark VILLAIN
A counterpart to the HERO archetype. Name undecided, but VILLAIN will definitely be included if this one goes ahead. This would focus more on Special Summons from the Hand, Deck or Graveyard, as oppose to HEROes focus on fusion.
Dwarfs
EARTH Warrior-Type monsters, would focus in defending until you can bring out the big guns.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 25, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

Dwarfs shouldn't be merely one type(and I wonder about attributes, with airships and ornithopters and the like), I think. Machines would be common, after all, spellcasters might be in there, and there might be a Pyro dwarf with a flamethrower.

I suggest working on VILLAIN cards, they sound interesting and fitting, though you might have to work to prevent them from being Evil HERO copies. For a word before VILLAIN,  the only ones I can really think of are Heinous VILLAIN, mebbe Boss VILLAIN, maybe Heroic VILLAIN or something similar(there's Evil HERO, after all) could be a last one to work on
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 25, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

Hmm...
All 4 could be used, actually. Since they're counterpart to the HEROes, and the HERO archetype is split into 4-5 sub-archetypes. So I could make a hell of a lot of cards. I'll probably go with VILLAINs, then work on Dwarves. Example Dwarf Card;
Dwarven Defender
(Earth/Warrior/4/100/2100/Effect)
Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, either by battle or card effect, you can discard 1 card; this card is not destroyed. If a 'Dwarven' or 'Dwarf' card you control would be destroyed while this card is in the grave; target that monster, then banish this card. That card is not destroyed.
Example VILLAIN card:
Heinous VILLAIN Clown Trick
(Dark/Warrior/5/2200/1100/Effect)
You can Special Summon this card from you hand by banishing 1 VILLAIN monster from your hand or field. When this card attacks a facedown monster; negate that monster's effect, also your opponent takes no battle damage during that battle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 25, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »

I think they're pretty cool, though Clown Trick seems kinda weird. And possibly unbalanced; he's stronger than Cyber Dragon with an easier early-game summoning mechanic, as well as an effect. Banishing two VILLAIN monsters from your graveyard might be better.

Edit: Also, clowns? Really? Fuck man, I thought we were doing villains, not night terror fuel. :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 26, 2014, 03:20:19 pm »

Maybe we should pm Scapheap just to remind him
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 26, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »

He hasn't been online for two days so far. He does this a lot. We might maybe should skip over him. He can get in next year :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

He hasn't been online for two days so far. He does this a lot. We might maybe should skip over him. He can get in next year :p

So he'd turn out as possibly the Sixth Ranger?

Anyway, if that is done, we still need to finish ExKirby's match, and TCM needs his match.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42