Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45739 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:53 pm »

Hey quick question, what level of for lack of a better term "censorship" are we going for here, a darn at best, or are we allowed to full on swear?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2014, 02:41:34 pm »

Whoops, didn't notice that. Full-on swearing is allowed, but overusing will lead to bad things happening. Like the volcano erupting. Or something else, I dunno.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »

Thanks, I wasn't planning on over swearing, but I didn't want to use it once and get reprimanded.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:31 pm »

Wait, isn't the guy who thinks he's terrible Syrus? Since Jaden's hyper-confident and such?

My character will probably end up being pseudo-Alexis or something. A secondary rival, considering Cyber Dragons. Light-attribute Dragons are always the bad guys'. Until they're dark-attribute, and then they're the still the bad guys'. The bad guys like dragons, I think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

The Cyber Dragons aren't actually dragons, though. they're Machines. And Zane only became a full on asshole after getting the Cyberdark series. Or graduation, same thing. Before that, he wasn't that b- oh wait, he was.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2014, 03:21:10 pm »

So, who was expecting the face-down monster to be something like Pyramid Turtle? Anyway, should I include the Wicked Gods in this?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »

It would be interesting if they were used for the villains
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2014, 03:24:10 pm »

So, who was expecting the face-down monster to be something like Pyramid Turtle? Anyway, should I include the Wicked Gods in this?
Which one?
And I guess It'd be alright if they were used for the villains.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2014, 03:25:33 pm »

Yeah. And then they're stolen from them by Mr main Character, and we make an RP-only Wicked version of Horakty.
And dark, how many Pyramid Turtles are there currently in the Exam Area?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:49 pm »

And dark, how many Pyramid Turtles are there currently in the Exam Area?
I think 2?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »

I was re-reading my card effects and I think I actually stand a good chance, but I have a quick question about spell tokens, if you have multiple cards that take spell tokens, and you get a spell token do you put one on all of them or do you have to choose which one to put it on?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »

Most cards say where the counter is placed
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »

You almost always put it on only one, and the one that had the effect that caused it to gain a spell token. Spell tokens and the like aren't a resource of the duelist; they're a resource assigned to specific cards.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »

Hey, which takes precedence: Zombie World or DNA Surgery?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2014, 03:40:02 pm »

I was re-reading my card effects and I think I actually stand a good chance, but I have a quick question about spell tokens, if you have multiple cards that take spell tokens, and you get a spell token do you put one on all of them or do you have to choose which one to put it on?
Do you mean Spell Counters?  Spell counters you gain go to wherever the card that's giving you the spell counter says it goes.  For instance, in the Structure Deck you chose, Royal Magical Library says that you "place 1 Spell Counter on this card", as do cards like Skilled Dark Magician, Breaker, and the Magical Citadel of Endymion.  Pitch-Black Power Stone says "place 3 Spell Counters on this card", but it also says that you can move one of those Spell Counters to another card that can take Spell Counters once per turn.  Apprentice Magician is the third kind: it says that you target a card that can take Spell Counters, and "place 1 Spell Counter on that card", which means that you put the Spell Counter you gain from it on whichever card you chose. 

Tokens are the "created" monster cards summoned by various certain effects, such as Scapegoat
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42