Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45727 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:37 am »

Can I change my side deck a little bit, please?

Doomblade, the point of it is that it's like the anime. You choose what cards you draw and crap. That way crazy shit like in the anime is half-way effective.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

Indeed. Otherwise, stuff like Cyber Laser, or Cyber Barrier Dragon are more or less useless. Oh, and Rainbow Neos.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2014, 10:21:51 am »

Yep.

Are we going to have the opportunity to invent some cards? Just minor things, like adding to a series or archetype, and they'd have to be approved, of course. It's just always fun to combine archetypes with fusion monsters(Suddenly, Elemental HERO Cyber Dragon Rider; whytf didn't this happen earlier?)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2014, 10:26:50 am »

Edited my post right before you quoted it, but alright. I guess why I'd quit s because I don't really like anything that's more or less just plain RP.
I do tolerate RP, but I don't want it to be the only thing the game is about, is all.

You could assign the cards in your deck a random integer, then use a random number generator to determine the cards you are going to have.  That way, you can duel as if you are actually dueling.  Could put in something like 'despiration draw' to get a specific card once per duel.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2014, 10:33:58 am »

Edited my post right before you quoted it, but alright. I guess why I'd quit s because I don't really like anything that's more or less just plain RP.
I do tolerate RP, but I don't want it to be the only thing the game is about, is all.

You could assign the cards in your deck a random integer, then use a random number generator to determine the cards you are going to have.  That way, you can duel as if you are actually dueling.  Could put in something like 'despiration draw' to get a specific card once per duel.
Hmm. Yeah, I think I'l propably continue playing. ANd I'm gonna propably just use a RNG to get what I draw on my draw phases and such, at least for the most part.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2014, 10:36:20 am »

What, like Anime-only cards, except RP-only? Might allow it, would certainly be amusing.
Example:
"And now, using the card my friend gave me, I'll Fuse my Cyber Dragon and Despair from the Dark to summon, Zombified Machine - Cyber Despair Dragon!"
(Dark/10/Machine/3400/3000/Fusion/Effect)
Cyber Dragon + Despair from the Dark
As long as this card is face up on the field, It is also treated as a Light-Attribute monster. As long as this card is on the field, it is also treated as a Zombie Type monster. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Zombie-type monster from your Graveyard to special summon 1 Machine-type monster from your Graveyard.

Hmm. Yeah, I think I'l propably continue playing. ANd I'm gonna propably just use a RNG to get what I draw on my draw phases and such, at least for the most part.
Yeah, you can do that. Everybody else will probably continue doin the RP only thing, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2014, 10:46:57 am »

Eh. I'm probably going to use an RNG for some of it. Helps me avoid God-modeing by accident.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2014, 11:11:14 am »

Good to know. How'd you like the card I made, by the way?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:46 am »

I thought it was pretty cool. In a zombie/machine deck, it could work well(not really sure how you'd go about making one, though).

Can I make a few adjustments to my side deck,by the way?

Also,I thought of a card;
Cyber Weapons Platform - Artillery Laser Dragon
(Light/11/4000/2800/Fusion/Effect)
Cyber Dragon + Cyber Dragon + Gatling Dragon
Once per turn, you may flip 5 coins. For every Heads that comes up, you may destroy one card on the field, and the controller of that card takes 500 points of damage. This card cannot attack during the turn this effect is activated, however. When this card attacks an opponent's monster in defense position, it deals piercing damage. For every Equip or Union card attached to this monster, it gains an additional 500 Attack Power, and you may flip an additional coin with it's previous effect.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2014, 11:41:04 am »

So, exact same stats as Cyber End Dragon, 1 level higher, powerful effect, but can't attack in the turn that it's activated, and the maximum damage is 2500. Seems balanced. What's Gatling Dragon like, though?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2014, 11:49:29 am »

So, exact same stats as Cyber End Dragon, 1 level higher, powerful effect, but can't attack in the turn that it's activated, and the maximum damage is 2500. Seems balanced. What's Gatling Dragon like, though?
Linkity link

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 11:53:18 am »

Hmm...
Considering that it requires a fusion monster to summon in the first place, it is rather balanced.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2014, 11:57:42 am »

I try.

Can I please edit my side deck?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:12 pm »

Considering that you haven't duelled yet, sure, why not. Please post it here instead of editing your sheet, though. I'd rather not go through 5+ pages looking for your sheet.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:37 pm »

Hm, so do I just post my randomly drawn hand in the thread in a spoiler or PM it to the GM? I wanna be sure about this. The same goes for cards I want to set face down and such.
EDIT:
((Dark, question. What's taking so long? I know you're online. Also, GWG.))
That's what's taking me so long. Also had to go study something earlier. But yeah, what do GM?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:06:03 pm by darkpaladin109 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42