Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45661 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2014, 09:40:45 am »

I find myself doubting Kaiba would allow that, but then, Pegasus might have re-released them just to annoy him. Ah, what the hell. You can keep it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:40 am »

Shall we use that purchase mechanic then that Zan suggested?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2014, 09:46:29 am »

Yes. Thou shall use the purchase mechanic. Limit is increased to 650, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2014, 09:51:59 am »

I find myself doubting Kaiba would allow that, but then, Pegasus might have re-released them just to annoy him. Ah, what the hell. You can keep it.

Thank yo-...You'r going to have Kaiba come by to try to get the card from me, aren't you?  Or have some obscure rule that Kaiba made to put the holder of a Blue Eyes into a specific dorm?  Or both?

Yes. Thou shall use the purchase mechanic. Limit is increased to 650, though.

What's your opinion on dual rarities?  Example: Radiant Mirror Force is both Super Rare (which is 30 under the mechanic) and Ultimate Rare (which is 50 under the mechanic) in it's first (and only) set.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

I just realised most of the gem knights are super rare :p, looks like it's back to the drawing board.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2014, 10:01:31 am »

Thank yo-...You'r going to have Kaiba come by to try to get the card from me, aren't you?  Or have some obscure rule that Kaiba made to put the holder of a Blue Eyes into a specific dorm?  Or both?
....Maaaybe. >____> <______<
Quote from: Zanzetkuken
What's your opinion on dual rarities?  Example: Radiant Mirror Force is both Super Rare (which is 30 under the mechanic) and Ultimate Rare (which is 50 under the mechanic) in it's first (and only) set.
In this? The higher rarity should be used. In RL? It's bull.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

Quote from: Zanzetkuken
In this? The higher rarity should be used. In RL? It's bull.

Okay.

Oh, I was running through some cards for a side deck (since it's only going to be one duel, it's cards the character is taking with him) and I ran into one that was only released in Asia, and since it was, it has no rulings for a TCG legality.  Should we not use cards like that, or use the OCG legality?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2014, 10:13:04 am »

OCG legality. Just out of curiosity, what card is this?
Also, Anime only cards are allowed.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2014, 10:14:25 am »

Those don't have an actual rarity though to purchase with, so what shall we do with them?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

Oh yeah, just noticed. Zanzetkuken, take out Blue-Eyes. From what I remember, Duel Academy was set up by Kaiba, who owns all 3 in-universe blue-eyes.
Which doesn't make much sense. I mean, Yugi's grandfather owned one before Kaiba stole it, so unless there were exactly four printed for some reason, or Kaiba hunted down every single one and then somehow convinced Pegasus/whoever owned Duel Monsters at the time to never make another Blue Eyes White Dragon card ever again (and managed to enforce that), shouldn't there be more than three?

I find myself doubting Kaiba would allow that, but then, Pegasus might have re-released them just to annoy him.
Or to make money.

Those don't have an actual rarity though to purchase with, so what shall we do with them?
And is there a list of them somewhere?

Now to write up a character and make up a deck. That reminds me, are we going with the freeform/story-driven method, or a fairer one?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2014, 10:21:28 am »

We have yet to decide on that actually. Also, Anime-only have a cost of 40DP. All of them. And yes, Pegasus might have done that to make money. I find myself doubting this, however, since he's already absolutely loaded. Unless, he's greedy. Or was short on cash. Still Pegasus strikes me as the kind of guy who would do something purely because it would annoy Kaiba. He's a bit of a dick, even if the Tournament on his island was some convoluted plot to bring back his wife.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Saphira the Dragon Priestess.  I don't own the card, but I wanted a ritual dragon or two in the side deck (the side deck doesn't add to the total deck cost, right?).

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 10:46:30 am »

They probably should count towards the cost as you can actually use them in the future, unless you want to just say the character has them and he can't unlock them until he gets the right amount of points

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

Remember you suggested that I do this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:38 am »

Well now...

Name: Peter Ronginus
Appearance: black haired youth wearing a grey hoodie with 'New York' in white written on it. Has blue eyes and carries a washing pole for some reason.
Duel Spirits: sees them? Nah
Backstory: For a world with duel spirits and monsters trapped in some cards, Peter petty normal. That washing pole seem to more a security blanket then a hint of secret training with warrior monks and the hoodie is a gift from his Nana then him having a dark and troubled past.

He not even emo! He does have leather pants so maybe we could have a musical number at some point.
Deck: Structure Deck: Warrior's Triumph
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42