Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749445 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: One down, Eleven to go
« Reply #8490 on: July 16, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

"One t-that w-worships Stella."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: July 16, 2014, 02:45:26 pm »

"Maybe if we can get Stella to play along, we can train him to be our meatshield?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: July 16, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

((speaking of meatshields))

Kaiser shrugs.

An ancient rune sits, barely glowing, under the London sun, completely unnoticed for many generations. Finally fading, the rune disappears with a soft 'plink'. A passing child hears it, and looks over in the direction that the noise came from, to see a large purple orb of light materialise out of thin air, along with a loud keening noise. Large arcs of energy fly off, one stray arc frying a nearby lamppost. People run for cover as the noise reaches a climax, and...

The orb disappears with a dissatisfying pop, leaving a man with a sword sitting where the centre of the orb was. Feeling that they've been let down (or trolled), some people walk off, while a few others approach the man, phone cameras still filming.

"Are you okay?"

"I am well, I was merely imprisoned by the foul workings of a mage. Garrett d'Avre, Dragonknight, at your service."

Garrett does a little bow, before looking over the small crowd gathered around him

"Why are you holding those small square objects, and what manner of garment are you all wearing?"

He stands up, drawing his sword and backing into a lamppost. He notices, turns around and cuts through the lamppost with a swift motion, using the momentum of the sword to swing back around to the crowd. They look on with confusion.

"I am armed, brigands, now begone!"

The crowd scatters, while the lamppost topples over and crushes a telephone box. Seemingly satifisied, Garrett walks around London, confused and in awe of the weirdness that is the 21st century.

In the process, he attacks a bus("I have freed you from the steel beast's belly, you may leave safely now."), sits and talks to a TV screen in order to try and save the tiny people inside, marvels at the giant size of some of London's buildings, and otherwise generally causing a large amount of destruction. This quickly gains the attention of the media and the police (and maybe Ashley).
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Zealot Aztecs and Property Damage
« Reply #8493 on: July 16, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »

Icarus just watches some cartoons, as she has no idea if anything would happen in any part of europe right now
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »

Since Dalia has no idea what's happening in London either she's with Icarus, watching cartoons half-asleep since she's still tired from the battle earlier.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 16, 2014, 04:38:25 pm »

Icarus puts giver her a pillow and a blanket.

"You should sleep properly. Organics function much better if they do."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 16, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »

"Oi! Settle down there, mate. You can't just go around stabbing cars and whatnot. It's not proper."

An oddly-dressed man sits on top of an overhang of a shop near Garret. The dress would be at least mildy familiar to the purported dragonknight, being the garb of wisemen, scholars, mages, and...cultists. This is only reinforced by the large, leatherbound and metal-shod tome he has tucked underneath one arm as he eats a sandwich.

Leth watches Garret lazily as he chews, bright orange hair ruffled by the wind, differently colored eyes containing something more than mere idle interest.

"Blech, a pickle."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »

"I'm fine, honestly," Dalia mumbles, her eyes shut as she starts to fall asleep.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 16, 2014, 04:41:04 pm »

Icarus proceeds to molest her in her sleep turn the volume down and let her sleep.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 16, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »

Kaiser is also exhausted, and claims a patch of floor as his sleeping territory.

Garrett, shortly after chasing a man on a segway, demanding to know what he was, eyes the man.

"Are you in league with the steel beasts that plague this city, mage?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »

Dalia mumbles something too softly to be understood, and falls asleep. And then starts to snore. Thankfully not too loudly.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: July 16, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

"They're not beasts, mate. They're...well, for one, they're called cars. For another, they're, oh, what would you understand...they're wagons. Yeah. They're basically metal wagons or carts or whatnot, 'cept they don't need horses. Run on something you might think of as liquid wood; burns well and all."

He swallows the last of his sandwich and pulls an apple out of the paper bag next to him.

"Though, props for recognizing these stupid friggin' robes as somethin' other than a Halloween costume. Most people just think it's pretend."

The apple makes a loud crunching sound as he takes a large bite from it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:51:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 16, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »

Icarus is lonely, damn Alice and her exams. ((man, when does Kansa get baaaack))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »

"Something is not right here, these... abominations should not exist... What is the name of this place, mage?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Leth raises an eyebrow, spitting out an appleseed before answering.

"Welcome to London, mate. Home of the Union Jack and pride (by the local's reckoning) of the 21st century world."

He stares at the knight a moment, somehow seeming to look through him, at something far beyond the flesh, before frowning, expression returning to the mundane.

"From the sounds of it, you're the one who shouldn't exist here; little past your prime time, King Arthur."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1757