Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Toribash: Bay12 Flail Squad  (Read 23910 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Toribash: Bay12 Flail Squad
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »

Have you played this game before?

You can imagine each joint having a health bar. Each tap and bump causes damage, including, sometimes, your own quick or clumsy movement. I don't know if they fell off at the knees, hips or glutes, but chances are he had been kicked or punched in one or more of those areas at least once, and/or jumping very hard in combination with some held joints and having your feet in contact with the ground can conspire to dismember your legs. If you're turning, and extending your arm and wrist, if there's enough energy you can punch someone hard enough to destroy your own arms. Usually it's enough to take out your opponent as well. It happens. In similar games, such as aikido, you might fracture those limbs instead of dismembering them, which is about as likely to DQ as a dismember depending on your position. The point of judo and aikido is to DQ your opponent with throws and strikes, not to win by points.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:29:16 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »

If a joint is red from a previous hit you should try to avoid moving or putting pressure on it.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2014, 01:49:03 pm »

Oh, sorry. It sounded like he had just jumped from the start of the game and immediately his leg flew off.

Am I right in saying that the health is basically measured on the colour of the joint - if it's blood - red even a little tap might break it?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2014, 02:08:38 pm »

You only get TC in official servers, which you can identify by the colored letters. If you weren't getting TC, it was a public room that someone had made.

Note: Judo with dismemberment threshold lowered to 100 is not good :V
I swing my arm at the other guy and it falls off.
I extend my knees to jump and my legs fall off, instantly DQ-ing me.
The normal threshold in Judo is 100, and I have said this dozens of times. The reason why dismembering is easier in Judo as opposed to other modes is because of the close engage distance, making it easy to make a fast grab, and the long turn frames, in which you can cause a lot of damage before your opponent can defend themselves against a wide variety of moves you could pick from.
It was a server with colored letters.
Also, is it like different in beginner rooms? Because I swear that limbs didnt dismember as easily as they did usually. (Then again cognitive bias or however its called)

And in this case I was falling and had my knees contracted, so I extended them to jump.

I mean, if you say it is the default I'll believe you, but it was pretty weird.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2014, 02:16:00 pm »

Judo is generally the mode to play if you're looking for hilarious times with limbs flying everywhere. If you don't like dismembers, try judofrac. It is basically judo but with fractures instead of dismemberment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2014, 02:44:52 pm »

It was a server with colored letters.
Also, is it like different in beginner rooms? Because I swear that limbs didnt dismember as easily as they did usually. (Then again cognitive bias or however its called)

And in this case I was falling and had my knees contracted, so I extended them to jump.

I mean, if you say it is the default I'll believe you, but it was pretty weird.
It could have been a public room I suppose.
Absolutely not. Some tourneys use different mods but ranked rooms only use the basic mods.

Your opponent was lowering both his shoulders, so the combined force exerted downwards by his arms (I assume he was grabbing you) and upward by your extension destroyed your legs. Probably at the knees.

It's not as unusual as you think it is.. Go watch the videos in the OP, you'll see decaps left and right. You ought to fight one of our Brown belts sometime. Tomato has some very impressive replays as well.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »

How have I never seen this thread before, color me interested:
IGN is Avelohk, and I think my belt is either Orange or Green, can't remember for sure.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:34 pm »

Am I right in saying that the health is basically measured on the colour of the joint - if it's blood - red even a little tap might break it?
The hue of the joint only indicates how much recent damage it's taken. It will flash bright red on a sudden, powerful strike, but it fades quickly. You know where you've hit and how hard, but it's up to you to remember, essentially.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:33 pm »

Anyone going to host a server?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2014, 09:27:59 pm »

I'm a yellow belt I think. :3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:36 am »

I guess it was one of the things you said, then.

(Still weird that we weren't getting any TC though, but from my relatively short experience the servers don't seem to be very reliable)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2014, 09:20:56 pm »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:58:34 am by razor871 »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:34 pm »

I created a room! Come get facepunched!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:00 pm »

I created a room! Come get facepunched!

Which room?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:55 pm »

Bay12 Flail Squad. Same password as always.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17