Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh lord.  (Read 1286 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh lord.
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:08:55 am »

New fortress. Breached the caverns a while ago, and decided to procrastinate exploring them for the time being.

Just now:

I never got a message saying that this FB entered =O

Seems like a new bug, huh?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: Oh lord.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:13:12 am »

it probably appeared on a spot you haven't explored and made its way to your fort.it's pretty common,actually.a couple of times forgotten beasts managed to reach my dining hall without me taking notice...

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 06:15:29 am »

it probably appeared on a spot you haven't explored and made its way to your fort.it's pretty common,actually.a couple of times forgotten beasts managed to reach my dining hall without me taking notice...
From this I assumed that it would only announce itself when it wandered in the visible parts of the map, however due to the bug it would still mention stuff like its no longer enraged etc. However, from what you said, it appears that when it wanders in the forts boundaries but remains outside of the visible area, it doesnt announce itself, at all.

Edit: I also just noticed 3 ant men that were in my dead list. Appears that deceased who died outside of the visible map are marked as dead aswell.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:17:55 am »

it announces itself when it enters the map.but if it enters from a point you haven't yet explored...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:02:06 am »

it announces itself when it enters the map.but if it enters from a point you haven't yet explored...

It should still announce itself once it's visible.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 08:19:29 am »

(If I sound a little dicky in this post, please tell me, I tend to do that unintentionally sometimes =P )
Yes, it should, but you know how much things in this game "should" work? A lot of things, and you know how much things dont work? Also a lot of things =P

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 08:51:29 am »

are you sure?I may be wrong,but i don't remember ever getting an announcement for a forgotten beast at any other point other than when it enters the map.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:02 am »

You get all enraged announcements by default, so you can be hearing about a fight in the caverns while still on the surface waiting to strike the earth.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

That enraged message is probably the FB fighting with ant men you can't see yet. It might be dead itself at this point.