Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Birth of a Deity: Turn 17, Multitudinous Failures of Words  (Read 25491 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 16, Dark Corners of the Land
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »

"Does Orange Pekoe bless other people with this... divine wisdom? Not just you, but others?"

Edwin ponders this question for a quick moment before answering.

"I do not know. I am the only prophet and follower of Orange Pekoe I know of thus far. So I have no tales of other believers recieving His divine wisdom. However, I am one hundred percent certain that the great and merciful Orange Pekoe is capable of imparting His wisdom with His loyal believers." he shrugs "Of course, I cannot say who or when He will impart his divine blessings upon others. In his infinite wisdom He will choose who does and does not recieve it, it is not my place to decide for Him."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »

"Good day, milady!  I am in search of a particular mountain located around here.  One that is shaped like a gravestone.  Do you happen to know where that is?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:07 am »

"If you could get into a populated area, a mage could probably keep them away from you... Say, how about I'll get you help from the next town over once I arrive there?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 18, 2014, 06:19:23 am »

"I do not know. I am the only prophet and follower of Orange Pekoe I know of thus far. So I have no tales of other believers recieving His divine wisdom. However, I am one hundred percent certain that the great and merciful Orange Pekoe is capable of imparting His wisdom with His loyal believers." he shrugs "Of course, I cannot say who or when He will impart his divine blessings upon others. In his infinite wisdom He will choose who does and does not recieve it, it is not my place to decide for Him."

"Would Orange Pekoe tell others of our god?"

"Good day, milady!  I am in search of a particular mountain located around here.  One that is shaped like a gravestone.  Do you happen to know where that is?"

She starts to talk at you, mumbling at first, but then taking a step back and starting to gesture less than eloquently as well. Being reasonably well-educated on southern Allochthonian dialects after your time spent in the taverns of the area, you're vaguely getting what she's saying, and that's apparently something about a town that she's been to, and people she saw there. She seems awfully friendly in addition to being awfully drunk, which you think is a winning combination. And her story involves the mountains to some degree, though you can't say you know for sure if she's talking about the exact mountains you need. It's a little difficult to extract names in this mode of communication.

"If you could get into a populated area, a mage could probably keep them away from you... Say, how about I'll get you help from the next town over once I arrive there?"

"That's sounding real helpful! If you don't go on forgetting, of course. Do that, and I might be giving you my treasure!" Grew says, a tinge of excitement to his crackling voice.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 18, 2014, 06:24:58 am »

"Treasure, hum? Do tell me more."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 18, 2014, 06:31:48 am »

"Treasure, hum? Do tell me more."

"My treasure? My treasure's pretty great! It's my life and death's savings that I was keeping buried around town, and also a funny knife I found along the way back. I think it was magical with the buzzing and the shearing and, you know, otherwise superior knifing. Very good knife for knifing, I was thinking, and was keeping it safe until now."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 18, 2014, 06:40:37 am »

"Sounds good. Well, I think we've talked enough for now. I'll see you later. Take care." End conversation.

Leave the hole and the house. When Reen inevitably asks if I found anything in there:

"No, nothing in there but dust. I think someone else might have been scavenging here before." Lie that I didn't find anything after all, steer the conversation towards leaving the town.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:50:49 pm by IcyTea31 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 18, 2014, 08:50:39 am »

She starts to talk at you, mumbling at first, but then taking a step back and starting to gesture less than eloquently as well. Being reasonably well-educated on southern Allochthonian dialects after your time spent in the taverns of the area, you're vaguely getting what she's saying, and that's apparently something about a town that she's been to, and people she saw there. She seems awfully friendly in addition to being awfully drunk, which you think is a winning combination. And her story involves the mountains to some degree, though you can't say you know for sure if she's talking about the exact mountains you need. It's a little difficult to extract names in this mode of communication.

"Yes, yes... this mountain, which way is it?"

Uh... okay, that's all well and good, but which way?

Ask her where the mountain actually is.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:19:16 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 18, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »

((many apologies, I forgot I hadn't replied to this update))

Address the leader-woman.

"Old woman! What troupe is this, that you lead?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 18, 2014, 04:06:49 pm »

"Would Orange Pekoe tell others of our god?"

"Only if He deems it necessary or right. As I've said, the great and merciful Orange Pekoe is both wise and peace loving. The only reason He would impart the knowledge of your god to anyone else is if He knows that your God could benefit from it. As he did with me."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2014, 12:32:37 pm »

My. I appear to be pretty awful at updating anything Allochthon-related as a general rule, don't I? There's just something about this setting that renders me somewhat inflexible and drains my imagination, I fear. Are any players still alive and kicking?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »

Ready to spread the word of the great and powerful Orange Pekoe

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2014, 12:48:24 pm »

Live live kick kick

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2014, 12:54:31 pm »

((Not an actual action: Pray silently in my thoughts: "Alive? Yes, apparently more than some. Kicking? If I have to, I will. The mountains, and You, await me, I must hurry."))

((Still interested.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:52:00 pm by IcyTea31 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2014, 12:57:11 pm »

Just as a note, in case this didn't pan out, my alternate plans were to either start an elf-based apocalypse RTD or a questgiver RTD (basically Kingspawn of Allochthon, but you're proper questgivers rather than the halfway thing that put me in an awkward writing position). But we've got three players alive already! I do like those odds.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21