Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Birth of a Deity: Turn 17, Multitudinous Failures of Words  (Read 25561 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 6, Due South, That's The Way It Has To Be
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:29 am »

"Oh my oh my, what a lovely name. This does indeed seem like a rather wonderful. I can't help but notice that some of the buildings are in a rather bad state however. Something must have happened here recently, yes?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »

"Oh my oh my, what a lovely name. This does indeed seem like a rather wonderful. I can't help but notice that some of the buildings are in a rather bad state however. Something must have happened here recently, yes?"

"Yes-yes! Something-must-have-happened-here-recently-yes!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:45 pm »

"Yes-yes! Something-must-have-happened-here-recently-yes!"
"oh dear oh dear, as I suspected. Would you be so kind as to tell me what happened here?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »

"oh dear oh dear, as I suspected. Would you be so kind as to tell me what happened here?"

"Yes-yes! No-way-to-raise-our-kids! I-don't-know-how-we-can-go-on! You-think-that-maybe-riverside-is-better-place? Foghaunt-is-beautiful-this-time-of-year!"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

Wilhelm just smiles, without moving from his seat. He knows from past experience that the best way to get into a shady crowd like this is to pass yourself off as someone even shadier than they are.

"Well then, it's lucky for you that I'm not one of the local drunks. I'm Gleaming Wilhelm, a travelling drunk. Although to be quite honest, I haven't done all that much drinking in the past few days, so I guess that just makes me a traveler for now. A traveler with quite a bit of info on quite a few things, who might be quite useful to you, should you allow me to sit here for a little while."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

"Yes-yes! No-way-to-raise-our-kids! I-don't-know-how-we-can-go-on! You-think-that-maybe-riverside-is-better-place? Foghaunt-is-beautiful-this-time-of-year!"
"Ah yes, I can see how that could be a problem. But I've been so rude, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Edwin, prophet of the great and merciful god Orange Pekoe. Who might you be?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2014, 12:50:39 pm »

Wilhelm just smiles, without moving from his seat. He knows from past experience that the best way to get into a shady crowd like this is to pass yourself off as someone even shadier than they are.

"Well then, it's lucky for you that I'm not one of the local drunks. I'm Gleaming Wilhelm, a travelling drunk. Although to be quite honest, I haven't done all that much drinking in the past few days, so I guess that just makes me a traveler for now. A traveler with quite a bit of info on quite a few things, who might be quite useful to you, should you allow me to sit here for a little while."

"We'd much prefer you'd leave instead, as the only possibly worthwhile information you could have would also be quite dull, and not at all pertinent to our PRIVATE conversation."

"Indeed. So do us all a favor and git, will you?"

"Yeah, bugger off," the man pipes up, looking severely annoyed, more than the two ladies are.

"Ah yes, I can see how that could be a problem. But I've been so rude, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Edwin, prophet of the great and merciful god Orange Pekoe. Who might you be?"

"Edwin-prophet-of-the-great-and-merciful-god-Orange-Pekoe!"

"Great-and-merciful-god-Orange-Pekoe!"

"Merciful-god-Orange-Pekoe!"

"Orange-Pekoe!"

"I'm-hungry! When-is-lunch?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

"Edwin-prophet-of-the-great-and-merciful-god-Orange-Pekoe!"

"Merciful-god-Orange-Pekoe!"

"Orange-Pekoe!"

"I'm-hungry! When-is-lunch?"

"I think lunchtime is still a few hours off, I'm afraid. While we wait for lunch, could I persuade you to worship the great and merciful god Orange Pekoe?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »

"I think lunchtime is still a few hours off, I'm afraid. While we wait for lunch, could I persuade you to worship the great and merciful god Orange Pekoe?"

"Is-breakfast-ready-yet-dear?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2014, 02:11:26 pm »

"Is-breakfast-ready-yet-dear?"

Edwin chuckles "indeed, I find that a dash of worship of Orange Pekoe is an important part of a balanced breakfast. Do you happen to know where the nearest city is, perchance?"

((Around what time would it be? Is it already light out?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:43 pm »

"indeed, I find that a dash of worship of Orange Pekoe is an important part of a balanced breakfast. Do you happen to know where the nearest city is, perchance?"

((It's about 4 in the morning. So no, not really.))

"Foghaunt-is-beautiful-this-time-of-year!"

"I've-got-friends-in-Foghaunt-that'll-host-us-for-a-while-until-we-sort-things-out!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2014, 07:44:18 am »

"indeed, I find that a dash of worship of Orange Pekoe is an important part of a balanced breakfast. Do you happen to know where the nearest city is, perchance?"

((It's about 4 in the morning. So no, not really.))

"Foghaunt-is-beautiful-this-time-of-year!"

"I've-got-friends-in-Foghaunt-that'll-host-us-for-a-while-until-we-sort-things-out!"
"Ah yes, I've always wanted to visit foghaunt again. By the way, you seem to speak in a rather interesting accent. Why is that, pray tell?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2014, 07:47:13 am »

"Ah yes, I've always wanted to visit foghaunt again. By the way, you seem to speak in a rather interesting accent. Why is that, pray tell?"

"I'm-experiencing-a-terrible-cold-can-you-go-get-something-for-me-from-the-healer?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2014, 07:53:20 am »

"I'm-experiencing-a-terrible-cold-can-you-go-get-something-for-me-from-the-healer?"
"Surely, it seems like I am stuck here until sunrise anyway. I may as well be of service. What is it you require and where can I find this healer?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2014, 08:01:03 am »

"Surely, it seems like I am stuck here until sunrise anyway. I may as well be of service. What is it you require and where can I find this healer?"

"The-nearby-swamp-holds-many-dangers-tread-lightly!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21