Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 127899 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2014, 02:45:58 pm »

Boltgun> Any plans for a succubi caste system?

There is no plans for a caste system for now. The corruption of prisoners somewhat replaces that, creating specific castes of succubi. There should be more corruption variations before I start expanding the pure succubi castes.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »

I'll include warlocks spells on the list and leave the script open so it can be reused for any race.

that's awesome :)

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »

As a side note, since we're on the topic of succubi casts..

I've had several trade depots and caravans from the Succubi burn down due to a fire born succubi guard seeing a too-close threat and pumping fire at it.

Might want to make sure your trade depots are sufficiently safe from wandering beasties or thieves, unless you want "fun" spreading.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2014, 12:23:24 pm »

Maybe Boltgun can lower the pop ratio of fire-born succubi?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2014, 02:36:35 pm »

Yes, in some games I can go for multiple years without any succubi caravans because the moment they enter they instantly light themselves on fire. I typically end up paving the path they travel so the worst case is the guard lights a merchant on fire.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »

Fireborn should be extremely rare, but it seems that i have set their HOMEOTERM too high and they light grass by standing around (strangely they never caused trouble in fort mode). I'll lower that to the temperature of a normal succubus, and if that's still too much, they will be cold to the touch. The ratio of normal succubi will be multiplied too to make fireborn extra rare, it was at 1 for 1000 but that seemed too much.

They should not have fireballs attacks as merchants, unless they studied the secrets of fire during world gen, but I do not believe they'd still be merchant at this point.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:11:19 pm by Boltgun »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2014, 06:18:06 pm »

Anyone from a certain civ at DF 2012 chould be a merchant, even kings, not sure about DF 1014
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2014, 01:30:36 am »

Anyone from a certain civ at DF 2012 chould be a merchant, even kings, not sure about DF 1014

That might be it, quite often a succubus civ gets nearly destroyed and the game picks whoever's left for merchants or migrants.

If pyromancers are used as merchants, perhaps removing their fire sphere will prevent that. Even if losing the worship of fire goddesses is a shame.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:38 am »

I went through a bunch of minor stuff: a profession name here, graphic infos for foreign position there, the soul extraction have been merged with the dwarven one and will use the 'strand extraction' skill (which should be named prophet or cultist ingame). Also you will no longer be able to wear two corsets toghether.

The script to show upgrades is halfway done. Assuming that all upgrades and powers are syndromes, it will simply display the syndromes SYN_NAME in a box and an announcement.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:25:53 am by Boltgun »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:42 am »

The corset issue ...

Is it supposed to be one-size-fits-all? Because after my dwarves struck down a succubus thief, it seems one of them picked up the corset to wear around.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »

The corset issue ...

Is it supposed to be one-size-fits-all? Because after my dwarves struck down a succubus thief, it seems one of them picked up the corset to wear around.
Why is that an issue? dwarves and succubi have the same bodysize.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »

Because Urist McHairy cooking in the kitchen wearing his stolen silk thong and a leather corset is just disturbing imagery.

But if you're wearing one right now, Meph, I'm totally ok with your lifestyle. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2014, 02:21:23 pm »

Because Urist McHairy cooking in the kitchen wearing his stolen silk thong and a leather corset is just disturbing imagery.

But if you're wearing one right now, Meph, I'm totally ok with your lifestyle. :)

They were originally human sized, I noticed late that MW did not use the same size and that the succubi could wear dwarven clothes (btw you have body_size defined twice for dwarves). Succubi were kinda tiny all this time.  :P

I can raise it to human size if you prefer, that way clothing will be too large. I do not mind either way.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2014, 07:09:45 pm »

In the words of the glorious Sir Mix-a-lot, "36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3".

It seems like in most mythology succubi are typically considered the same size as the average human or even a little taller. Would changing their size effect their dodge or combat ability though? If its a simple change that doesn't require much effort then it would make sense, but I would be concerned about what effect the size change would have on their combat ability.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:53 am »

Okay I raised their size to humans, this should give them a nudge when it comes to charging in combat. Oh and they now wear skirts, I'll probably delete thongs for clutter too.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43