Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 84696 times)

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »

Oh, the dwarf part of the manual.  OK.
Thanks!

Well, someone (else... i.e. not me) should update the wiki :D

I guess I should have looked through the orc part more. I just found a building that was supposed to make blood and couldn't get it to work.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2014, 09:56:38 pm »

I appreciate the report -- dwarf mode and orc mode are developed pretty separately, so we don't always know exactly how details work on the other side.  Sometimes differences are intentional, but when there's no design or balance issue i try to keep it consistent.  Easier said than done ;)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »

Lupine masks.. do the standard forge ones have benefits or only the specially made warriors meadhall versions?

Also im loving that my uruks with smaller weapons are wielding a bloodsteel kiteshield on each arm along with their weapon. Nothing stops them except fatigue from wiping out multiple stacked sieges from raiding abuss haha.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »

Nothing special, except that it's non-shaped, and size 20, so you should be able to stack it with a helm.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2014, 04:14:25 pm »

Upcoming minor changes based on my test forts

V6.0 OF3
* Molten pit batch reax accepts any iron bearing stone, not just pure iron
*! want to include limonite and magnetite which have no way to purify
*- slightly debuffed iron bar production, increased rusty iron byproduct

* Removed SACRED_ATLATL_ORC reac permit (reac not used anymore)

* Sharkey's Firewater @meadhall improved slightly (no longer decreases agility)
* Blackdraught Mead @meadhall improved greatly (much longer effect, added [SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_EPIDEMIC][SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_BLOOD_PRESSURE])
*! allows orcs a mechanism to combat disease

// updated

* bug fix: steamfoundry reactions fixed (brass mechanisms don't exist at forge - use brass bar plus any mechanism instead)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:32:48 pm by smakemupagus »

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2014, 11:48:10 pm »

I would like to say that I have really been enjoying the Orcs. I like the raiding system(and the consequences) and I like the majicks that they do. My last clan was overly ambitious and annoyed the elves enough that they brought in war trained manticores. Their poison spikes cut through bloodsteel like butter! Many uruks died that day!

VonPärre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2014, 03:16:02 am »

Anyone have recommendations for Frostskald unit equipments? Really like idea of pack of ice weaving shamans but need to know what they can use for clothing? Anything these borderiline nudists wont blow out first time they cast that freeze-cone thingie? Does clothing from metal stop negative toughts about no cloths? Any freezeproof leather in game?

They also seem perfect way to keep for clean of small clothing those stunties bring to clutter your fort.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2014, 09:52:38 am »

@Hefateus, thanks!  Yeah elves with war manticores are a worthy enemy for sure.

@VonParre, I am pretty sure that metal armor stops negative clothing thoughts, so that's probably the easiest solution.  There should also be a temperature-proof leather to make from netherwood at the Nethermill outlander tech building, although please let us know if it works if you try it.  i've found that Netherwood is not always quite as isothermic as I expect when it comes to magical shenanigans, like, i found that netherwood magma tanker trams are in fact !!FUN!!

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

Dumb question: How do I enable the ashland elves, chaos dwarves, etc etc in the new gui? I want ot have access to the orc's trading partner buildings.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:52 pm »

Dumb question: How do I enable the ashland elves, chaos dwarves, etc etc in the new gui? I want ot have access to the orc's trading partner buildings.

Not a dumb question at all ^^

The "evil allies" were removed from Masterwork in favor of more varied evil races like the Naga, Werewolves, Succubi, and so on.  As a side effect you can no longer trade for the outland allies' tech through normal caravan trading, but you should be able to get them now at the Caravanserai Bazaars. 

Nethermill:  Kobold trickster Scout mission (rare), Dark Tower raid (rare), World Tree special loot (rare), Drow raid (uncommon), purchase at Farmer's Bazaar (100%)
Auxilla Barracks:  Kobold trickster Scout mission (rare), Mountainhome special loot (common), purchase at Arms Bazaar (100%)
Ashland Glassworks:  Kobold trickster Scout mission (rare), Mines raid (rare), World Tree special loot (rare), Drow raid (uncommon), purchase at Common Bazaar (100%)
Rogues Tavern:  Kobold trickster Scout mission (rare), [not currently on any loot tables -- probably an oversight], purchase at Shadowbroker (100%)

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2014, 01:10:06 pm »

Good to know. Thanks, friend. Also, random question before I jump in: can you make bloodsteel machutitls(I think I spelled that right) at the tribal warcrafter or only ironbone ones?

edit:
Also, is ghoshash snazaga still a good representation of orc fortress right now and how to properly start out and play orc forts?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:14:14 pm by vcordie »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2014, 02:20:22 pm »

No problem!  Yes you should be able to make bloodsteel tribal weapons at the warcrafter.

Yeah Ghoshash Snazaga is still pretty up to date.  G.S. stuck primarily to the core tribal industries: warcrafter, fletcher, and transitioning into factory, raiding, & damascene for the most part, and that's all changed very little.  The biggest general change was the addition of counter-attacks that trigger against raids.

Some things are tweaked or adjusted to changes in the rest MDF, like your other question.   The Dreamwalkers industry and Warriors' Meadhall are both powered by loot from fallen enemies now (souls and scalps), but it's reasonably simple. Totem Poles and Tanners will queue the prep-work automatically and you just have to use the dream-talismans as is, or craft Soulgems and War Standards as needed.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2014, 02:36:24 pm »

So orcs are designed to retrofit gear and be sort of piecemeal from whatever they raid, as opposed to dwarves, who dig out ore, smith it up, make full suits of identical steel armor and weapons, etc, right? That's sort of the vibe I'm getting. Trying to play it like the dwarves will take too long and you'll end up being sieged by enemies you can't handle unless you get that jumpstart on gear from raiding.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:16 pm »

Yeah in the mid part of the game the dwarves have a stronger dig-and-forge game due to their excellent choice of weapons, better metallurgy options, weaponry and armory, etc.  ... Orcish domestic weapons all trend towards the slashing end of the damage spectrum, great for dismembering, not good for armor piercing though.  But early game, orcs have lots of choices to support a lot of different playstyles for gearing up.  Mass produce at the factory, trade at the freelancer, double down on tribal gear with extra tanners and warcrafters, etc. 

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:26 pm »

There's both "bowman" and "archer" for ranged skills....which one actually handles the recurve/composite bows?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46