Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103941 times)

Bartoum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2014, 08:23:47 pm »

Hello,

I remade the wood processor page on the wiki http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Wood_processor (my first contribution to a wiki) and I'm here to ask if it's worthwhile to work on the wiki while all the manuals are being reworked.

I want to help but I need a little help to figure out how to do it.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »

The MWDF wiki is really uninhabited right now and it would be really awesome if more people worked on it. Also, I'm pretty sure Meph said something about outsourcing the manuals to the community at some point. You could maybe ask him if you could help write the manuals and he'd probably be OK with it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

aldehyt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2014, 02:34:34 am »

Where is now Toadlicker ? i just cant find this workshop :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2014, 02:46:32 am »

Its gone. It only had one reaction, so I deleted it and put the reaction into the Juice Bar. It can new brew toad shots. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:16 am »

Composite bows from the fletcher are still unwieldably large, normal bone products from the bonechipper (not bonerattle) seem to have no material ("cloak" instead of "bone cloak") and there is no bone arrows reaction in the fletcher as you promised ( :'( )

Bartoum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2014, 08:07:09 am »

@ Arcvasti I guess we need to see the manuals to not repeat it in the wiki.

@ Meph Do you have an idea of when you will put the manuals in? And how do you feel about the wiki with all the work that goes into the manuals?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2014, 08:16:14 am »

Manuals: In 3 weeks. I guess.  I dislike the wiki, because its outdated and spreads information thin. On the other hand, people also work on it, and it helps sometimes. I just wish there was ONE. Not a manual and a wiki, but one source of info.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bartoum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2014, 08:41:38 am »

Yeah exactly! So I was thinking of waiting for the manuals and help for those but the question is will there be an easy way to help with these?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2014, 09:21:44 am »

I remade the wood processor page on the wiki http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Wood_processor (my first contribution to a wiki) and I'm here to ask if it's worthwhile to work on the wiki while all the manuals are being reworked.

In my opinion, yes.  If you have the time and ability to fix up the wiki, that's wonderful.  It needs a vast amount of work right now.  Every little bit will help, especially for the non-dwarf races.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2014, 10:37:16 am »

I think I will make a thread for the manuals soon. I am waiting for Boltgun, who is looking over the css/html behind it. Then I can start porting more content into the new manual. :)

Bartoum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:08 pm »

I will work on the wiki a little bit while waiting for the manuals. Worst case scenario is a little editing on the copy/paste from the wiki to the manuals.

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2014, 03:04:48 pm »

I will work on the wiki a little bit while waiting for the manuals. Worst case scenario is a little editing on the copy/paste from the wiki to the manuals.

If you can add me on skype (Daggroth)/pm me when you finish a page, I will proofread it for spelling and grammatical errors.  I don't really know the formatting to work on the wiki myself, but I can just edit the page easily.  I already fixed the errors on the wood processor page.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2014, 03:28:12 pm »

If you can add me on skype (Daggroth)/pm me when you finish a page, I will proofread it for spelling and grammatical errors.  I don't really know the formatting to work on the wiki myself, but I can just edit the page easily.  I already fixed the errors on the wood processor page.

You can always check the Recent Changes page perdiocally to see what has been worked on, though that'll give you more than just the Masterwork namespace.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bartoum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

Yeah I'm not the greatest writer ever that's for sure  :D. I don't really know how to do the complicated stuff on the wiki either, I'm just copying and make sense of it. It's not that hard really (but grammar is). I didn't play the other races yet so for the moment all I do will focus on them.

UristMcDuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2014, 05:48:43 pm »

MWDF v5.10:
Training on the Track Parcour no longer generates new trapcomps, instead the used ones are preserved.

Shucks! I can't have one of my Legendary bolds take a mediocre trapcomp to the Parcour course and upgrade it to masterwork? That was always an amusing little exploit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41