Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203276 times)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1080 on: December 14, 2014, 09:20:59 am »

(orc mode, but i assume it carries over)

I always embark with a pair of wolves, or at least a growler squig or two, and just pasture them in a big 20x20 zone near the wagon.  And train them from there by Therapisting a couple animal trainers and using z-animals interface to queue up the jobs.
You can use the Therapist to train animals?

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 14, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »

Hello !

issue 1: Clay Oven workshop can collect peat from Clay/Dirt/Peat zone ->Screw press workshop can process 5 peat into compact peat. Smelter burn compact peat to 2-4 bars of coke.

My question: I have found natural compact peat, i dug all of it and now i have "compact peat cavern floor" (when i make Clay/Dirt/Peat zone over it is say (0) and its gray.).
Is there any way how to collect this compact peat like normal peat / Clay Oven ?

issue 2: I want to train my Legionnaire Guild guys on weight bench (because they train in athlete faster) and i cant find "athlete/athletics" anywhere in dwarf therapist. Any ideas please ?
(i set workshop profile on weight bench so only Legionnaires train there but i want to know where is  athlete/athletics showed)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1082 on: December 14, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

1. No, you cant collect from it. The compact peat is a rock, while you can only collect peat, which is a soil.

2. Misc Object User. Should still show as Athlete or Athletics in Therapist though. Its not a labor you can toggle btw, its a skill only. You determine who uses the workshop by using workshop profiles, by looking at the workshop and pressing P, then enabling the dwarves you want.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 14, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

No, I mean you can use therapist to enable the appropriate labor on orcs/dwarves.  Not having enough workers with the right labors assigned is a common cause of relatively new players being confused when some job doesn't happen as quickly as they expect.

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 14, 2014, 03:25:43 pm »

1. No, you cant collect from it. The compact peat is a rock, while you can only collect peat, which is a soil.

2. Misc Object User. Should still show as Athlete or Athletics in Therapist though. Its not a labor you can toggle btw, its a skill only. You determine who uses the workshop by using workshop profiles, by looking at the workshop and pressing P, then enabling the dwarves you want.

Thank you for answers !

I dont see Athlete or Athletics in Dwarf The rapist and i looked in all Dwarf Therapist tabs .... maybe i am just blind.

Clay/Dirt/Peat gathering zones can be drained ? ( i mean if its endless/renewable resource)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2014, 07:51:27 pm »

No, I mean you can use therapist to enable the appropriate labor on orcs/dwarves.  Not having enough workers with the right labors assigned is a common cause of relatively new players being confused when some job doesn't happen as quickly as they expect.
Its not that the job dosent happen. Its that he (well, she according to the description) dosent even show up on the Z screen!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1086 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:54 am »

Guys, there is no athlete labor. Its a skill. It will not show in the tabs of the therapist as a labor, you have to go to the skill page, or check the dwarves individually.

Like I said, you should use workshop profiles for this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 16, 2014, 05:11:21 am »

Hello! can someone explain me weapon damage types please ? I did not find anything about cutting damage on wiki so i am asking here.

This is what i know so far (correct me if i misunderstood something)
Slashing Damage = hacking through tissues and severing limbs and heads, good vs smaller and weaker (non armored) creatures.

Cutting Damage = same as slashing ?

Blunt Damage = most effective against heavy and heavily armored foes, breaking bones beneath their blows.

Piercing Damage = punch through armor and do damage to internal organs. effectivity between Blunt/Slashing ?

Also which of these bolts i should made  for my hunters and early army?

Ordinary Bolt - Cutting Damage
Broadhead Bolt - Slashing Damage
Piercing Bolt - Piercing Damage
Hammerhead Bolt - Blunt Damage

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1088 on: December 16, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

Cutting and slashing is pretty much the same.

Most effective, if you ask me, is cutting/slashing, while piercing can help with very large creatures. blunt weapons I dont often use, but should in theory work well on heavily armored targets.

Hunters should go with anything but the blunt ammo. There are no animals in armor running around in the wild.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 16, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »

Hunters should go with anything but the blunt ammo. There are no animals in armor running around in the wild.

Or firearms. Steel bullets won't penetrate wildlife skin often, instead breaking nearly every bone, but brass bullets manage to penetrate steel plate and mithril chain when it's worn by a dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1090 on: December 16, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »

Or firearms. Steel bullets won't penetrate wildlife skin often, instead breaking nearly every bone, but brass bullets manage to penetrate steel plate and mithril chain when it's worn by a dwarf.
This is news to me, but doesnt sound that bad.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 16, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

This is news to me, but doesnt sound that bad.

Now that I recall further, it was a Human village. Legendary riflemen would empty their muskets into the local wildlife, leaving broken animals to crawl off the map. Two Automaton thieves managed to headshot two chain and plate-armored knights on the first shot. Don't think I have a save.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 16, 2014, 02:59:47 pm »

Now that I recall further, it was a Human village. Legendary riflemen would empty their muskets into the local wildlife, leaving broken animals to crawl off the map. Two Automaton thieves managed to headshot two chain and plate-armored knights on the first shot. Don't think I have a save.

Indeed, compared to a bodkin arrow or etc., bullets are not nearly as good at doing fatal damage (unless they hit brain or other vitals) but much better at piercing armor and disabling the enemy for your melee to finish off.  I think this is pretty good in general, makes different kind of ranged squads useful actually.  If you want your legendary gunners to be killers get them a hand cannon.

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 16, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »

I hope nobody mind my spam here  ;D

Does war training affect on breeding or butcher/shear/animal harvest items output ?
Know that armored animals do not breed... but can "war" animal mate with normal or hunting animal ? War dog will give birth to war puppies or just puppies  ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 16, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

Breaking bones requires piercing skin due to the way the game does wounds, IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92