Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203399 times)

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #885 on: September 22, 2014, 04:17:24 pm »

See the manual.

The dwarven bird is the bearded cavernkeet. Otherwise reptiles can be used for egg production, like frill lizards or the mentioned cave beetles.
Cave beetles don't lay eggs.  Are you thinking of dewbeetles?

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 22, 2014, 04:22:16 pm »

I've gone ahead with the cave turtles. We'll see how they work out :)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 25, 2014, 12:08:03 pm »

Are there any uses for silver or copper coins (beyond converting into gold) in dwarf mode any more?  Is there any point to having coin downgrading reactions in the tavern anymore?

I guess you could melt them down or something...

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:35 am »

I apologize if this is the wrong board or an easily answered question, but I don't understand how magma/water wells work. I can't find them in any of the menus despite having an Alchemist's Lab and the appropriate gems. Am I just completely blind?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:18 am »

I believe the wells are under the "Furnaces" building section- along with most of the other magicky stuff in the mod.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 07, 2014, 11:18:18 am »

Quick question:

I tried a bunch of times, but weirdly, I only get Copper and Tin on my maps as regular ores. Is this normal? Maybe because I genned the starters world? I've dug around, and the only thing besides Copper and Tin bearing Rocks I could find was a bit of Aluminium.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 07, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »

Quick question:

I tried a bunch of times, but weirdly, I only get Copper and Tin on my maps as regular ores. Is this normal? Maybe because I genned the starters world? I've dug around, and the only thing besides Copper and Tin bearing Rocks I could find was a bit of Aluminium.

Have you tried using "prospect all" in dfhack?  That will tell you exactly what is on your map.  It depends on the embark locations, but I can usually find gold/copper/tin/lots-of-everything-else-but-iron in many maps.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 07, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »

Do you always embark on volcanoes or generate worlds with high volcanism?  If you find only copper and aluminum it makes me suspect this.  There should also be hematite and some other nice things in igneous extrusive layers if you scout around, though.

But anyway, if so you're possibly missing out on the ores e.g.  Limonite, magnetite, and coal and some other good things (kaolinite, saltpeter) that are found in sedimentary layers, which is mutually exclusive from the volcanic igneous extrusive layers. 

Either way, there's usually a decent chance to strike gold, silver, nickel, and other stuff as you dig deeper and hit metamorphic and igneous intrusive layers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #893 on: October 07, 2014, 02:57:51 pm »

Quick question:

Starters world has pretty much everything, as do the other presets I include.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 07, 2014, 05:50:08 pm »

There doesn't seem to be a general discussion topic, so i'll ask here: is it possible to remove the generalisation of leather and bone?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #895 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:53 pm »

There doesn't seem to be a general discussion topic, so i'll ask here: is it possible to remove the generalisation of leather and bone?
No, there isnt.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:06 pm »

No, there isnt.
Damn. Ah well.

Now, I feel really dumb for asking, but I can't seem to be able to embark as non-dwarves. How do I do so?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #897 on: October 07, 2014, 06:32:20 pm »

Activate other civs as "playable" in the GUI, gen a new world, check the embark selector (the map before you press 'e' to embark) with tab. The topmost civ on the neighbours screen is your civ. You can select different civs in the civs screen, just a few more tabs ;)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 07, 2014, 09:26:57 pm »

Activate other civs as "playable" in the GUI, gen a new world, check the embark selector (the map before you press 'e' to embark) with tab. The topmost civ on the neighbours screen is your civ. You can select different civs in the civs screen, just a few more tabs ;)
I am embarrassed to say that I completely forgot about the GUI ::)

Oh, and are Harder Farming etc. found on thd GUI or elsewhere?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #899 on: October 07, 2014, 09:30:38 pm »

yes, all the options are in it... where else? :P
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 92