Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203333 times)

Elfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #750 on: August 07, 2014, 02:34:58 am »

But good, solid help you are doing, thanks for that. :)
Thank you for such a great mod :)

And yeah, please ask someone who actually knows these internal structures to look at this caste mismatch after transformation.

For now I'll be using this hack
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:09 pm »

Another question, does lignite also cause black lung?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #752 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:31 pm »

Lignite dust, bituminous dust and anthrazite dust, yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 07, 2014, 04:22:57 pm »

I wasn't looking, and my dwarves made masterwork ironwood piercing bolts.

Ok, guys, we have very expensive things for the next caravan, stop decorating those totems with bones!

Edit: Just saw the patch notes, and cried a bit at the dwarves no longer able to sell stuff for coins.
But there are coin mints and blast furnace for them to make a lot of gold coins fast, so it should be ok, just removes the "merchant" fortress style for dwarves, was fun to play while it lasted.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:43:29 pm by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #754 on: August 07, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

They have iron quality, so you might even keep them.  ;D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 07, 2014, 04:47:01 pm »

Yeah, I shot some invading succubus and a megabeast with them after posting, and it's so powerful that I might even think about setting up my iron/steel farm bigger for ammo.

I planned to use them for high value furnitures first, but these are really punching through enemies, and my low military is having a blast with taking out multiple invaders without reloading.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #756 on: August 07, 2014, 04:59:39 pm »

They are exactly iron-grade. Steeloak is steel-grade. Even if they count as wood.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »

Edit: Just saw the patch notes, and cried a bit at the dwarves no longer able to sell stuff for coins.
But there are coin mints and blast furnace for them to make a lot of gold coins fast, so it should be ok, just removes the "merchant" fortress style for dwarves, was fun to play while it lasted.
Try humans
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #758 on: August 07, 2014, 08:35:09 pm »

Dwarves can still make coins a lot, because they mine better, smelt the metals better and mint the coins faster than humans. You can also transmute metals and exchange currency, so you will have lots and lots of gold coins more than humans. I simply removed one part of their income. You can still get gold and use all the traders and buy what you need, and sell things to caravans. Besides, you can call caravans from many different races as dwarves as well. ;)

I just tried to trim down redundant features.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 07, 2014, 11:27:02 pm »

Dwarves can still make coins a lot, because they mine better, smelt the metals better and mint the coins faster than humans. You can also transmute metals and exchange currency, so you will have lots and lots of gold coins more than humans. I simply removed one part of their income. You can still get gold and use all the traders and buy what you need, and sell things to caravans. Besides, you can call caravans from many different races as dwarves as well. ;)

Any chance you could add more coin exchanging/pressing?  Change iron, mithril, and the decorative metal coins (with exchange rates based on value).  Basically make the way that dwarves get the gold coins for guilds and merchants based on mining and smelting/pressing.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 07, 2014, 11:51:24 pm »

Any chance you could add more coin exchanging/pressing?  Change iron, mithril, and the decorative metal coins (with exchange rates based on value).  Basically make the way that dwarves get the gold coins for guilds and merchants based on mining and smelting/pressing.

That doesn't sound like the best plan. I mean, gold, silver and copper are three clear cut denominations of currency. Something expensive costs gold. Something cheap costs copper. Silver is the middle ground. Adding other metals into the mix would either create another arbitrary tier or add a bunch of reactions to already cluttered workshops. And making decorative coins to trade doesn't really seem that different then selling metal bars was. Dwarves already have too many features. Trimming down on them and making them more specialized is probably a good plan. Although making dwarves only use electrum currency appeals to me for some reason. Gold and silver are really easy to come by with a decent priest. Why not add an extra processing step to make it less exploity.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 08, 2014, 02:19:51 am »

How do I spin wooly mountain goat fleece into thread? I have two stacks of it, but I keep getting a cancellation message at my farmers' workshop.
EDIT: Looked at the RAWs, apparently you have to do it at the tanner. That, to my knowledge, is not mentioned in the manual.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:17:45 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 08, 2014, 06:23:14 am »

I couldn't see it in the patch notes, and as it wa brought up here...

Was the caste change fixed in V6, or do we still have to run that script?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #763 on: August 08, 2014, 06:28:01 am »

I couldn't see it in the patch notes, and as it wa brought up here...

Was the caste change fixed in V6, or do we still have to run that script?
There is no fix yet. There is only the script that was posted for people that want to do it manually.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 08, 2014, 06:59:17 am »

Oh, I thought for a time that it was related to what was posted in your "30 days", where it was said to run an other dh hack command after true transform:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139518.msg5541999#msg5541999

Not sure if souls and natural skills have anything to do with each other though.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92