Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The V.A.M.P.I.R.E Project  (Read 5515 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The V.A.M.P.I.R.E Project
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:06 am »

Remember, they value living things far less than cotton fabric, so make sure to seize their shit so that they'd bring something as low valued as their pets.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:19 am »

might also consider panda men.  in my experience, i've run into those far more often than I have tiger men. 

with panda men, you can have the pleasure of evil kung-fu panda, dwarf fortress vampire style.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:43 am »

Important question: some forgotten beasts suck blood upon biting. Could you make a vampire forgotten beast? They seem susceptible to other syndromes if organic...

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:50 am »

Important question: some forgotten beasts suck blood upon biting. Could you make a vampire forgotten beast? They seem susceptible to other syndromes if organic...
You have to be sentient to become a vampire, so no
might also consider panda men.  in my experience, i've run into those far more often than I have tiger men. 

with panda men, you can have the pleasure of evil kung-fu panda, dwarf fortress vampire style.
I'm fairly sure tigermen are the only tameable animalmen, though i was unable to find a confirmation on the wiki
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:35:51 am by nanomage »

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 09:34:47 am »

Although, some clowns suck blood and are intelligent, so it might be possible to have clown vampires.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 09:37:52 am »

Although, some clowns suck blood and are intelligent, so it might be possible to have clown vampires.
afair only those who escape underworld at the start of creation are intelignet. Common demons that spawn from the hell can be butchered by your dwarves all right, so I'm afraid that means they're not sapient creatures.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 01:59:10 pm »

I'm fairly sure tigermen are the only tameable animalmen, though i was unable to find a confirmation on the wiki
It's in the raws, old tigermen and gremlins have [pet] tags while all those copypasted new critters are made with single [creature variation] which actually removes that from the source animal.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 01:30:56 pm »

Remember, they value living things far less than cotton fabric, so make sure to seize their shit so that they'd bring something as low valued as their pets.

This. Don't steal from them, since it is such a waste of fps, but just make sure to murder one or two on their way out, every year. This will make more animals coome with the caravans.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 09:11:34 am »

Considering that every elf guides an animal loaded with crap and that crap will be dropped wherever animal or elf gets incapacitated, you'll end up with more unwanted stuff this way than if you'd offer them wood and then seize their wood.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 02:03:34 am »

This. Don't steal from them, since it is such a waste of fps, but just make sure to murder one or two on their way out, every year. This will make more animals coome with the caravans.

Actually, buying up all their cloth and letting the elves make a profit will probably bring you the most animals. Caravans operate on a weird sort of reverse supply and demand principle, where if you stockpile a lot of one type of item, the merchants will assume that you couldn't possibly want any more of that thing and stop bringing it. Never mind that you've been buying out their entire supply of that thing for five years running.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 02:30:01 pm »

all right thank you friends for your advice reporting back once more.
finally on the 15th year of BudLash I finally got elves to bring me a tigerwoman slave. I already have a vampire mayor stockpiled, she's lying face down with an eternally broken arm on the floor of the future water cistern, with blood spatters everywhere and spears ready to draw more. Not sure if it's worth it to wait 15 more years in hopes of getting a date for my tigerwoman or i should rather vampirize her right away and proceed with science.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 03:53:41 pm »

Here are the raws for vampires:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's ripped straight from the randomly generated raws. It apparently requires the potential vampire to have blood and be able to learn. So no giant animal vamps. But the syndrome can also be injected. What syndrome tag does poison spattered on weapons use?

And try science first so she doesn't die of old age. Nothing you can do to vampirize her will kill her.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 02:34:50 am »

yeah but it adds sterile. I was kinda hoping for a steady influx of test subjects

EDIT: I think I'll take a look at legends mode to find out how old my tigerwoman actually is and then wait until she's 18 or 19 in hope of getting a boyfriend for her. Once she hits 20, I'll turn her into a vampire so as not to risk her dying of old age. Pretty hollywood-style-life isn't it?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:18:09 am by nanomage »

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 03:29:28 am »

Just the mental image of mosquito women biting a chained up vampire is worth more than a lot of the newer games I've played recently.. Gah, DF, why so awesome? :P

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 05:03:50 am »

FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 [2] 3