Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66399 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #390 on: July 17, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »

Jobasio had been rambling on for quite some time, his voice more of a distracted mumble through the comms as he described the actions of the strangers and, more importantly, their mode of dress- but when the man runs over to meet them from the pit, clearly agitated, he speaks up.

"...Hmm, it would seem they've happened upon the results of our little 'mishap'. The fellow who found it seems rather excited, and now they've all skedaddled off to take a look. I think it may be time we took our leave, on that note. Perhaps we could even borrow their transport for a discreet exit, should ours prove too difficult to salvage?"

He squints through the snow at the group heading towards the bomb site, shifting uncomfortably in his icy tomb.
"Unless of course you would rather we stay and chat to them...?"

>Relay events to the team, suggest we make our escape.
Check if I can see where the strangers parked their vehicle from where I am, otherwise just memorize which direction they (and the sound of their vehicle) came from. Don't stop keeping an eye on the direction they left in, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2014, 05:18:16 pm »

"Do you think it'd be possible to grab their ride and get away with it before they notice it?  Without being shot - or worse - in the back?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 17, 2014, 05:42:41 pm »

"We could always ask nicely and promise not to scratch the paintwork or put too many miles on it," Jobasio suggests with a shrug.
Booze is Life for Yoink

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 17, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »

"Steal their ride while they're distracted? Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Jobasio, think you can find it?"

Stay hidden until alternate transportation nabbed, then hoof it to vehicle
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 17, 2014, 07:37:29 pm »

"I'm down for stealing their ride while they are distracted. You guys want me to go first?" Vincent rests his finger lightly on the trigger of the heat ray, ready to unhide himself and steal the military vehicle on his teams word.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 17, 2014, 11:21:58 pm »

"Steal their ride while they're distracted? Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Jobasio, think you can find it?"

"I'm down for stealing their ride while they are distracted. You guys want me to go first?"
"I imagine we'd be best off doing this as a team, especially since they may have posted guards. They do seem like a rather suspicious sort to me, although perhaps it's warranted. Does the phrase "many hands makes light work" apply to negotiation? I'm not sure, but replace "hands" with "guns" and I think we'd be onto something."

He pauses for a moment, peering through the white haze in the direction the investigators went.
"Also, if we all hurry ourselves over there at once, it should make for a far easier time of getting everyone aboard and getting ourselves out of here before they can react and stop us. I'd rather not shoot these poor fools simply for having the misfortune of crossing our path with something we wanted in their possession!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 18, 2014, 12:23:52 am »

"Yeah, I would rather not shoot a guy for doing his job either, but, aside from me and Mesk, most of us aren't in the best position to intimidate. Maybe me and Mesk could confront the guards, and since you are already above ground, you can help us put on a bit of a show in the form of shooting nearby, but not at, whoever stayed behind, to show the appearance of more force than we currently have?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

"What Vincent said. If we need to move quickly to hop in after we steal their ride, I for one would need to be carried. I was thinking our more ambulatory members go to knick it while we get ready to hop on after you guys do so. Please?"
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2014, 02:18:43 am »

"I'm hearing a lot of planning, and not a lot of movement," Jobasio observes, himself not in any hurry to go charging off.
"Exactly how many reasonably-intact people do we have left, anyway? And how many limbs do we have between us? Our 'plan' is still very much at the theoretical stage, and I'm rather concerned with how heavily it relies on me being mad enough to run over towards their transport, alone, with no knowledge of how many guards they may have posted around it... in short, I wouldn't hold your breath."

After a moment's consideration, still sweeping the terrain down the sight of his rifle, he adds in a less-peeved tone, "Perhaps we'd be better off simply using their distraction to get our own APC free- didn't one of you say something about melting a ramp for it? Is that still possible?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2014, 02:44:34 am »

"We tried fixing it, the ramp is built, but our APC is still busted. My plan for stealing the military APC is this: I sneak up to the APC, and if no-one is around guarding it, I knock on the door and open it, yelling 'It's an ambush! Help!' and hide behind the open door until a possible driver comes out. If said driver gets out of the vehicle, I'll put a gun to his head and tell him we are commandeering his vehicle. If no one exits the vehicle, I check inside the vehicle careful not to get shot, then at that point we load everyone up and go.... any objections?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2014, 11:34:51 am »

Jobasio had been rambling on for quite some time, his voice more of a distracted mumble through the comms as he described the actions of the strangers and, more importantly, their mode of dress- but when the man runs over to meet them from the pit, clearly agitated, he speaks up.

"...Hmm, it would seem they've happened upon the results of our little 'mishap'. The fellow who found it seems rather excited, and now they've all skedaddled off to take a look. I think it may be time we took our leave, on that note. Perhaps we could even borrow their transport for a discreet exit, should ours prove too difficult to salvage?"

He squints through the snow at the group heading towards the bomb site, shifting uncomfortably in his icy tomb.
"Unless of course you would rather we stay and chat to them...?"

>Relay events to the team, suggest we make our escape.
Check if I can see where the strangers parked their vehicle from where I am, otherwise just memorize which direction they (and the sound of their vehicle) came from. Don't stop keeping an eye on the direction they left in, though.
You can't see it, but you remember where the sound came from. No sign of them coming back yet.

Everyone else basically just sits around, or lays around under several feet of snow, to be more correct.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2014, 12:13:23 pm »

sneak up to the APC, and if no-one is around guarding it, knock on the door and open it, yelling 'It's an ambush! Help!' and hide behind the open door until a possible driver comes out. If said driver gets out of the vehicle, put a gun to his head and tell him we are commandeering his vehicle. If no one exits the vehicle, I check inside the vehicle, very careful not to get shot

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:32 pm »

>Give Vincent verbal directions towards their transport as necessary and keep a close eye on, well, the general direction that the group of locals went in. Charge a Con bonus juuust in case.
Make sure I'm not too heavily covered with snow to move quickly in a short while; push some snow off myself if I need to.

>Shove the snow off of myself and, once Vincent is a good way ahead of me whilst still remaining in sight, get up and move up along with him, keeping a safe distance which allows me to properly cover him with my rifle.
If/when either strangers come in sight or Vincent begins enacting his plan at the vehicle, drop to my belly in the snow, brace my rifle and charge a con bonus, ready to provide covering fire if it becomes absolutely necessary. If his plan goes off without a hitch (yeah right) and we gain control of the vehicle, move my carcass over there and get in as quickly as possible, unless there are hostiles in sight.

"If we're going to make a move- as opposed to just hiding until our visitors hopefully get fed up and decide to go away- I would recommend that all of you get yourselves as ready as possible to run... or at least hobble quickly in the direction of a vehicle. I'll..."
He thinks for a moment, screwing up his face in a wince as he probes at his injured side with his good hand.
"I will probably remain in position for now; hopefully I'll be able to provide covering fire if necessary. Wish I'd thought to bring along some of those bloody cam-eyes. Not sure at what pace I'll be able to move, given my terrible injuries, so please try not to leave without me."

Jobasio looks nervously down to what he can see of his blue rifle and pink cast through the snow. He turns off his helmet's microphone.
"This could get rather messy, you two. Let's try and keep our wits about ourselves, whatever happens, hmm? I'll get you both through this."
Having comforted himself by talking to his imaginary friends, he returns his attention to the snowy wastes before him with narrowed eyes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:47:46 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2014, 01:58:07 pm »

Keep Con Bonus charged while getting ready to burst out of the snow and into acquired transportation

I'm ready, just give the word."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:06 pm »

"Sucks about leaving the APC. It was a good APC.

Actually, no. It was weak. Lets leave it.
"

Get ready to run to run.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33