Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66376 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »

"Do you have the know-how to do that?  I'd rather try and get the APC running again so we can meet up with the shuttle if it can't land here."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2014, 02:11:58 pm »

"Hey, if we're going to dig the APC out, why don't we just dig out the flares from inside? You know, the flares we were provided with at the start of this mission for the purpose of getting an evac. We could probably all pile in the APC and the shuttle could pick it up and cary it like it did when it dropped the APC off for us. Just an idea."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »

"Huh.  Forgot about those.  Alright, let's see if those flares are still there."
Dig out the APC and get it upright, look for flares, see if it can be repaired.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:07 pm »

"Have any of you checked to see if the Mining laser still works?" Seeing that the group was attempting to dig out the APC, Vincent shuffled inside the APC to grab the digging laser, and checked to see if it still worked, and if it did, he used it to help dig out the APC
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2014, 09:40:32 am »

"Have any of you checked to see if the Mining laser still works?" Seeing that the group was attempting to dig out the APC, Vincent shuffled inside the APC to grab the digging laser, and checked to see if it still worked, and if it did, he used it to help dig out the APC
"Huh.  Forgot about those.  Alright, let's see if those flares are still there."
Dig out the APC and get it upright, look for flares, see if it can be repaired.
Getting the APC out seems rather a difficult nut to crack. The thing is supported at an odd angle by the snow, and every attempt to dig it free results in it shifting a bit and sinking back in. However, you do manage to get the hatch clear so you can crawl inside, grab a box of emergency flares, and then crawl out again. Mesk, being one of the few people still standing, and still having arms, distributes the flares in a wide triangle and sets them alight before helping everyone into the oddly angled shelter of the APC passenger compartment. Free from the driving wind and snow, he digs some insta-hot coco mugs out of the food stash, shakes them good and hard to mix up the contents and then pulls the tab which starts the chemical heating reaction of the substance embedded inbetween the inner and outer walls of the little, Christmas patterned mugs. When they're ready he strips off the plastic sealed lids and hands them out to whoever has the physical capacity to enjoy food.

"Flares are lit. Hopefully it will be enough to get steve's attention, though he may already have sent a ship for us, considering he had to punt our target into the dimension of ruined opportunity, a realm which we are quickly filling, it seems." He takes a drink of his coco. It tastes surprisingly good, considering it came from a rehydrated mix heated by industrial chemicals.

"You think we'll still get paid?"

"Depends."

"On what?"

"On if you can sell them back the bullets they just put into you."

Collective drink.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2014, 09:51:38 am »

((Am I suffering an injury of some sort?))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2014, 09:59:40 am »

Didn't you break both legs falling from a rope and then injure yourself some more when the APC crashed? Someone did.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2014, 10:08:20 am »

"Well, that could probably have gone worse," Jobasio pipes up cheerfully, not really much of an optimist but determined to give it a go anyway, "And there's nothing like a nice, warm beverage to ease the passing of one's teammates. Let us remember them as... actually, on second thoughts I think we'd be better off repressing those memories. Oh well."

He takes a pleasant sip of hot chocolate and focuses on his other, less-tangible companions. He mutters quietly to them with a vacant expression, sitting back in a seat apart from the others, rifle resting across his knees and his cast-wrapped arm in his lap. His helmet sits on a seat beside him, leaving his lank hair free to hang across his face.
"So, Ferdinand, what do you do with yourself? Marketing? An interesting profession, I'm sure. What exactly do you market? Oh, have you met my dear friend Whig? Whig, Ferdinand; Ferdinand, Whig. I'm sure you two shall get along fine."

Jobasio was about to offer his two friends a drink, but fortunately remembered their allergies before making such an insensitive blunder.
He looks back to the rest of the team instead, taking another thoughtful sip. "So, did... did any of you know those we lost here?"

>Sip chocolate and make light conversation, with people both real and imaginary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2014, 10:51:39 am »

"Damn. Uh, this is kinda awkward, but would someone mind putting a straw in my mug? Kinda broke my everything, and I'd like to enjoy my hot cocoa before I get thrown into a robobody or full-body cast."

Ask for straw. Try to enjoy cocoa without burning my tongue.
((Wait, PW, what bones did I break exactly? Or if it's easier, which bones did I not break?))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:56:58 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2014, 12:02:25 pm »

Didn't you break both legs falling from a rope and then injure yourself some more when the APC crashed? Someone did.
That was Michael, as far as I know Vincent is relatively fine?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2014, 12:32:21 am »

After helping Beirus get set up with a straw, Vincent sat down and sipped some cocoa "Well, at least most of us are alive... and seeing as I JUST woke up from cryo-sleep before this mission, I didn't really know anybody... what happened here isn't how missions usually go right? Good god I hope not."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2014, 01:28:46 am »

See what needs to be repaired about the APC.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:52 am »

"Well, now that we've got our rescue signal lit and have a decent chance of surviving until the beacon brings us help, let's go take a look around ground zero, see if anything survived."
Head back to the site and survey the perimeter for anything that may have survived impact and been blown clear.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2014, 09:38:15 am »

See what needs to be repaired about the APC.
Well, it's flipped on it's side, buried under the snow, has a broken axle and that's just what you can tell from here. You're guessing it's pretty fucked.

"Well, now that we've got our rescue signal lit and have a decent chance of surviving until the beacon brings us help, let's go take a look around ground zero, see if anything survived."
Head back to the site and survey the perimeter for anything that may have survived impact and been blown clear.

You head back to the crater and look around. You poke through the snow and discover a few bits of wreckage, nothing larger then your fist and all of it just twisted, broken metal.

.....uttl....stor.....can not la....ho....sition...picku....en sto...sses....

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2014, 01:04:28 pm »

"Shit.  Doesn't look like there's anything left intact.  It... seems like the... shuttle can't land due to the storm?  I think we're being ordered to hold position until it weakens.  Dammit.  Anyone bring cards?"
Head back to the APC.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33