Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66218 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 07:23:17 pm »

Magilla listens and goes back into the APC WITHOUT pressing the button. He then checks to see if he has his Kinetic Amplifier and MARK 2 with him.

Michael sees him stopping what he was doing and going inside the APC. "Huh, looks like someone listened to reason(and/or the guy with the big gun). Sorry to go off on you like that, I just want to make it to the site in one piece."

Michael goes back to slowing panning the gun around the scenery. While he waits, he also uses his wristcomp to see if he can write a simple program to give him a targeting reticule and a lead indicator for his HUD.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:21:18 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 07:29:04 pm »

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
Play nice, kids, I can hear you bickering from eight miles in the air.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 07:30:43 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Mesk
Don't worry, they stopped for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
Play nice, kids, I can hear you bickering from eight miles in the air.

[Micheal Bayson->to Mresk Vraite] Sorry about that, the roboguy named Magilla was messing around with an unknown alien artifact he got before leaving the ship. We worked it out, so everything is fine now.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 07:42:00 pm »

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Michael Bayson
That cuff thing he was fiddling with before?  It was a Nyars box, right?  Any idea what it could be?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 07:44:59 pm »

Quote from: Michael Bayson->Mesk Vraite
no clue, but I'd rather wait until the dig site(when he can stand far away from us) for him to find out.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 07:47:55 pm »

[joking]Test fire my nyars gun at the APC, use the number 9001.[/joking]
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Michael Bayson
I hear you.  Keep an eye on him 'til you reach the site, seems like a bit of a loose cannon.  A mission as seemingly simple as this is sure to go horribly wrong, and I'd rather keep the horrible wrongness at bay for as long as possible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:24 pm »

Quote from: Michael Bayson->Mesk Vraite
Roger, though I'm not sure how much an eye I can keep on him from the gun turret. I'll keep my ears open though.

Edit:Action:Temporarily leave the gun turret and Drag any non-resposive members still outside into the APC so we can get rolling. Get back into the turret
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:01:45 pm by tryrar »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »

"Is something going on back at the APC? Should we head back?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »

((Bro tip:  If you change your action, edit out the bold in the previous.  Darkpaladin, you changed your first but not your second.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2014, 12:50:30 am »

"Oh, to be in the arctic desert! Almost a shame I have no vulnerable flesh to speak of!"

Get in the APC, and drive it if nobody else seems willing to. Sing a driving song!

Alternatively, if the APC has, for one reason or another, spontaneously ceased to exist, and I suspect it may have, walk carefully to the objective while singing a careful walking song. Watch out for 30-meter deep cracks in the glacier! As well as any other cracks, really.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:55:23 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 04:57:05 pm »

Well, this is pleasant. Good thing these suits are here, or you people would be dying already. Heh.

Get into the APC (not driving) and charge a dynamic Will bonus.
Get used to doing this.
Also huddle in crash position after Magilla goes outside in preparation for whatever's going to happen.

You go do whatever your current form considers "Sitting" in the apc.

Strike the earth ice With my pickaxe. Carve 2 notches on the handle, one for Hephaestus, one for ...this place.

"Hey Steve, whats this planet called?"

You smack the snow with your pick and then carve 2 small notches into it. Well, that was...helpful.

>Kano. You're all on the same planet right now.

Michael gets into the APC and mans the gun turret.

Michael gets up in the gun turret.

"I SEE YOU OUT THERE, SNOW! DON'T MAKE ME FUCKING USE THIS THING! I'll SHOOT YA TILL YA MELT LIKE THE LITTLE BITCH YA ARE!"

Mesk looks around, familiarizing himself with the faces of his team.  (This is a request for the final roster for this mission.)
"Well, we'd better get going.  I'll scout ahead and send back anything interesting I see."
Take off, scout ahead.  Try and spot our destination and see if anything lies between it and the APC.  Stay high, but without losing sight of the ground.

"Hey wait up! A second pair of eyes is always a good thing" Vincent takes off after Mesk keeping a lookout for anything unusual.

You fly off in the direction steve indicated, but as you near the formation he talked about, you start hitting some powerful winds. Seems like the rock formations around here are causing a lot of turbulence in the winds down nearer to the ground, and if you fly above them you can't see a damn thing except blowing snow. Oh well, you don't see anything between here and the APC, so it's not a total loss.

"Something bright and triangular," Jobasio muttered as he hops down from the shuttle and stomp-scromfs through the snow over to the APC, his blue-painted gauss rifle held in an idle position, "Lovely."
He clambers into the APC and takes a thoughtful glance around the interior.

"I suppose there's someone already chosen to drive? If not, I suppose I could do it. I haven't been at the controls of a vehicle since... well, before all this nonsense, but I'm quite sure I could handle it." He shrugged, finding a seat for now.

>Inspect the APC. Just what does it look like? Does it have seatbelts?

>Start up the APC and drive towards our destination once everyone's aboard.
Strap myself in if possible first, and buckle Whig into the passenger seat.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I think I've described this thing like 8 times to different people since Jack bought it.

It's a big armored vehicle with 6 tires, a passenger compartment lined with seats (with seatbelts) and a driver's compartment with two seats, and a windshield covered by a sort of venetian blind made of metal that can be closed, opened or somewhere in between to allow cover without completely blinding you. It's got a machine gun on the roof that is accessed via the passenger's seat in the driver's compartment.

"I can help with driving if you guys want. Otherwise, you'll find me in the back of this thing."

Assist with driving if wanted, otherwise wait in back and only intervene with the driver if he starts doing something stupid/reckless. Also, a question- I always assumed that the standard robot body had full-fledged cameyes, but I read part of the early missions once and realized they didn't. However, I've been acting like I have them for a few missions now. Do you want me to pay for them retroactively? I have the tokens.
Nah.

Magilla listens and goes back into the APC WITHOUT pressing the button. He then checks to see if he has his Kinetic Amplifier and MARK 2 with him.
You do.

Gonna assume everyone just got on, because we can't do shit till you do.

The Team packs themselves into the APC and they rumble out across the snow. The black rock formations steve indicated turn out to be ridge of huge, jagged stone formations, the like broken teeth of a saw pointed, gnarled and ragged, up into the sky. The wind strikes these stones with a dull howl whips wildly through the spaces between them. The APC groans as gusts hit it, rocking it side to side and trying to flip it over. The hole up to the machine gun turns the driver's compartment into a violent wind tunnel, to the point that Michael is forced to get back inside and shut the hatch. Beyond the stones lies an ice sheet, a smooth expanse of light blue dusted with snow. In the distance, the vague outline of more standing stones can be seen. It seems as though the stones follow a circular ridge which wraps around this ice sheet. Something is sticking out of the otherwise smooth surface of the ice; a sort of ragged, vaguely triangular thing of not inconsiderable size.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

Xan takes a look out of the windshield.
Well? What is it?

Use dynamic Will bonus to enhance my eyes - make them organic CamEyes, basically. Examine the object using various vision modes once I'm done. Stay IN the comfy APC while I do this in case I overshoot.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:47:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 05:28:00 pm »

"Not sure, I don't have anything like a scope or binocs on me. Looks like we'll have to get out and go see on foot!" As soon as the APC is parked, head out with the others to examine the dig site. Remember to grab my gauss rifle!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:55:06 pm by tryrar »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33