Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66235 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:24 pm »

((well, not me either, I have no bonus to aux and haven't driven it before))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:32 pm »

((@kedly: Remalle has a MK3 and can fly. I don't think you can follow him unless he carries you. You don't have a MK3, right?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:00 pm »

((I could drive it. +1/3 to aux.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:50 pm »

((If you don't die because of Magilla :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

(Mesk's got an Aux bonus and can fly the shuttle without a roll, but I don't think that transfers to the APC.  If you want to wait I can drive it after I go scouting, otherwise whoever has the highest Aux should just try for a dynamic bonus.)

"Yeah, I have your back. This your first mission as well?"
"Heh.  No, this is my... oh, I've forgotten.  Seventh?  Eighth?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 06:48:12 pm »

"Something bright and triangular," Jobasio muttered as he hops down from the shuttle and stomp-scromfs through the snow over to the APC, his blue-painted gauss rifle held in an idle position, "Lovely."
He clambers into the APC and takes a thoughtful glance around the interior.

"I suppose there's someone already chosen to drive? If not, I suppose I could do it. I haven't been at the controls of a vehicle since... well, before all this nonsense, but I'm quite sure I could handle it." He shrugged, finding a seat for now.

>Inspect the APC. Just what does it look like? Does it have seatbelts?

>Start up the APC and drive towards our destination once everyone's aboard.
Strap myself in if possible first, and buckle Whig into the passenger seat.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:08:23 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 06:55:20 pm »

Michael traverses the machine gun back and forth, trying to look busy. "Ok guys, we need to load up and move out! That alien whatsit isn't going to dig itself up, you know."
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »

"I can help with driving if you guys want. Otherwise, you'll find me in the back of this thing."

Assist with driving if wanted, otherwise wait in back and only intervene with the driver if he starts doing something stupid/reckless. Also, a question- I always assumed that the standard robot body had full-fledged cameyes, but I read part of the early missions once and realized they didn't. However, I've been acting like I have them for a few missions now. Do you want me to pay for them retroactively? I have the tokens.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »

Magilla jumps into the APC, flips open the lid on the button on his cuff machine and pushes the button.
"As Doctor always said, FOR SCIENCE!"
Do that outside or I will kill everyone here.
".......Okay."
Magilla obeys the ALMIGHTY SPACE OCTOPUS or whatever Xan is right now and goes outside the APC before pressing the button. If he survives that, he goes back inside the APC.

Michael notices the roboguy(at least, I think I remember Magilla getting botted, will edit if wrong) messing around with something on his wrist. "Oi, what are you doing there?! Stop fooling around and get in here, I swear I will shoot you with this bigass machine gun if you endanger the mission!"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »

Magilla jumps into the APC, flips open the lid on the button on his cuff machine and pushes the button.
"As Doctor always said, FOR SCIENCE!"
Do that outside or I will kill everyone here.
".......Okay."
Magilla obeys the ALMIGHTY SPACE OCTOPUS or whatever Xan is right now and goes outside the APC before pressing the button. If he survives that, he goes back inside the APC.

Michael notices the roboguy(at least, I think I remember Magilla getting botted, will edit if wrong) messing around with something on his wrist. "Oi, what are you doing there?! Stop fooling around and get in here, I swear I will shoot you with this bigass machine gun if you endanger the mission!"
((He got botted alright))
"MAGILLA PRESS BUTTON"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

"Dude, I'm not kidding when I say I will shoot you. You can wait until we get to the dig site to find out what that is(preferably while standing far away from us). I've heard far too many rumors about the weird alien shit you guys can get to be comfortable with you playing with it while standing next to the APC."

Michael will train the gun turret on Magilla to add further emphasis to his words, but no firing unless that thing causes everything to go FUBAR for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:13:54 pm by tryrar »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 07:15:51 pm »

Jobasio, having carefully buckled Whig into the passenger seat, straps himself into the driver's seat and gives his knuckles a quick crack before attempting to start the engine. As voices get raised outside, he suggests to whoever may be listening,
"...Perhaps we can let Mister, erm, Magilla catch up on foot, if his strange toys are likely to be a problem? Hmmm?"

Start up the APC, ready to speed off if Magilla opens Pandora's Box right beside it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:09:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 07:18:07 pm »

"Great. I just got out of stasis and I'm already in another frigid place. Good thing I have this suit. I hope my Shackle is resistant to extreme temperatures." Jason mutters as he trudges towards the APC.

Find an empty seat in the APC. Avoid whatever the hell it is Magilla is doing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »

"Oh fine, but I'm still keeping this gun pointed at him in case it mind controls him or something."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:34 pm »

Magilla listens and goes back into the APC WITHOUT pressing the button. He then checks to see if he has his Kinetic Amplifier and MARK 2 with him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33