Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 182166 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2014, 09:47:29 pm »

"I think two teams of four with two people guarding the APC is the best idea. If someone else can patch people up I can go on one team and they can go on the other."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2014, 10:01:13 pm »

If we're breaching the structure, 4 teams of two will work better, otherwise we'll just clog up the doorways when we're clearing rooms out.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:49 pm »

Faith shook her head slightly, coming out of her drooling stare.

"Yes, presumably I'll be more or less sort of in charge. I like Hasala's plan overall, but it's a bit smash and grab for my tastes. I'd rather avoid killing cultists if we're able, and I'd definitely like a chance to get them to rant at us about things before we encounter them. Dashing in, shooting some people, stuffing a glowing heptagon into a bag and dashing out isn't my idea of an ideal mission. Certainly could be worse, but still. If possible, we need information.

Speaking of which, if you're new here you might not know what I am, so pay attention.

This body is what it known as synthflesh. Somewhere between metal and meat; nice and sturdy, but you probably wouldn't call it 'armor' for anything serious. I'd rather not take a bullet if I don't have to, but I can much, much better than an unarmored target, and my brain's in a solid metal case. If one of us has to get shot, I'm a pretty good target for it.

I do have cameyes. They have a variety of vision modes, including X-ray, so we should get a fair bit of information just by seeing the place. Unless of course it's shielded, which is certainly possible but sounds like a complete pain. Depends on how paranoid they are, I suppose.

For general entry strategy, the ground floor is a restaurant, which makes me think some surveillance might be in order. Depends on how closely they watch it; Steve did say they were fanatical and paranoid, so the notion that it's a front or buffer zone certainly has merit. If not, I'm curious if we can just suggest everybody leave because things might get rough. Bad place, they might be too used to that sort of thing to bother calling the cops. Unsure if showing a lot of us would make that more or less likely... maybe we could ask, but I'd rather avoid it.

Whatever the case, once we get past the diners remember that we would like to talk to these people, so shooting first is probably a poor strategy. Again, paranoid and fanatical, but still worth a shot.

All that said, it'll probably turn into room-to-room clearing by the time we're done, but let's see how far we can get until then.

Speaking of which, I'm in favor of using the APC. It's a rough neighborhood, so it shouldn't attract too much attention, and if things do go bad it'll be very nice to have. Just... show restraint with the machine gun, is all."

"Of course not. But anyone with a gun presumably is, especially once we're through the diner. And if there's no artifact, there's something else for us to kill or capture.
And Miyamoto put me in charge, in a way. He wants to see how I do, though I've got no problem with stepping aside if one of you vets want to take the lead. I'm just trying to get us organized from the start."

"Oh hoh hoh. So the general too fat to fit through doors wants to see how you do, eh? Don't worry, I'll keep a good eye on how you do and report it to him then."
Faith laughed a bit, but didn't comment.

Hasala winced as two of his teammates started bickering. Not even at the building yet, and he was already losing 'points'. "If you guys have got a problem with each other, you probably shouldn't be on the same team. And please save your arguing until after the mission; plenty of time to argue then. Safer, too."

"It's best if we get these conditions out of the way prior to the mission. I'll think we'll all feel a bit safer if we know what's going to happen going in, aight'?"
"I'm with... Droo-say, was it? Best to get it out, or at least known about, ahead of time."

"I am the man with the mass manipulator amp, and the skill to use it. I have more experience with alien artifacts, deadly phenomena, and general weirdness than you, so I know what the fuck I'm talking about. I will only say this once. If you touch an artifact, and start acting weird, I will kill you."
"Come on, that's excessive," Faith groused. "I ever tell you about the time someone got infected by an alien intelligence, and I kid you not we saved him? Not easy, lost all his limbs, think he was burned pretty bad, but no joke he went from being an alien host using space magic at us to a perfectly healthy recovering patient. 'Acting weird' is not some blanket excuse for 'kill him before it's too late.'"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »

"I don't particularly care if it is excessive, I want to be sure. And it's not as if I'll be killing them permanently unless the corpse stands back up or something."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2014, 11:47:40 pm »

So ramming into the diner full-speed with the APC and mowing down everything isn't a valid strategy? Nuts.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »

"Well, it's always open as a last resort."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2014, 03:07:02 am »

DIBS ON THE TURRET
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2014, 05:09:49 am »

Examine shotgun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:13 am »

I wonder if you could pretend to be police forces doing a raid with that APC. Probably won't fool anyone once they see you guys at work, but can't hurt to try. Would also be a good excuse for any civilians in the diner, just tell 'm to get down and stay down until the 'police' raid is over.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2014, 05:20:05 am »

((There are two ways that could go wrong.

One, if the cultists flip out, we're in poop. Two is that the real police find out and then we're in double poop.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2014, 05:39:38 am »

((There are two ways that could go wrong.

One, if the cultists flip out, we're in poop. Two is that the real police find out and then we're in double poop.))

((Those are two posibilities that you'll have to deal with anyways, no matter what charade or plan you come up with.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2014, 06:22:22 am »

"Yeah, like Faith already said. I too have synthflesh and cameyes. I've got a sweet pom pom hat and I can rip you apart with my mind. Let's try not to kill every civ we come across eh? That was fine and dandy back when we were HMRC, but not so great now that we're ARM. We're supposed to be better than the UWM, remember?"

Get into the APC. Grab a riot shield and flashbangs+smoke grenades. Wonder what skill using these flashbangs would be.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:58:08 am by Pancaek »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2014, 06:38:34 am »

((Uncon?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2014, 08:54:58 am »

"So we're attacking while the diner is still open?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2014, 10:49:42 am »

"Actually that's a good point. Why not have mister driver drive us into the city and then we wait for night before driving up and raiding the place?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72