Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51137 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:57 am »

"Do you need out help with the other repairs?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:40 am »

"No.  When is meeting after second wire fixed?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2014, 03:11:04 am »

I must be losing it to forget, but... Milno, I spotted a second camera over the door earlier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2014, 08:00:22 am »

"Keeping watch on the target's hallway? That does make things trickier."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »

((Better countermand Lars if you don't like this idea))

Lars continues to "work" for a few minutes while preparing to mindamp the next guard.

((PW:  Can we make sure this next "turn" is only a few minutes?  Since Lars is kind of controlling the action here, in PC terms))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2014, 10:59:41 pm »

Watch, report, charge. Make sure to see if and how the target and other guard are reacting.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2014, 01:41:07 am »

Continue waiting, prepared to spring upstairs and take care of any problem through the judicious application of a smackdown.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2014, 09:39:12 am »

((Better countermand Lars if you don't like this idea))

Lars continues to "work" for a few minutes while preparing to mindamp the next guard.

((PW:  Can we make sure this next "turn" is only a few minutes?  Since Lars is kind of controlling the action here, in PC terms))
You keep working while preparing yourself for the next action, poking at the nearest electrical outlet while trying to whistle non-nonchalantly. 

(Yeah, we're in slow-mo here. )

Watch, report, charge. Make sure to see if and how the target and other guard are reacting.
The other guard and the target aren't reacting, they seem completely unaware of whats going on. The target is back in his room, pacing around, and the other guard is standing by the door, seemingly bored judging by his posture.

Continue waiting, prepared to spring upstairs and take care of any problem through the judicious application of a smackdown.
I just keep imagining you in your MK III literally springing up through the floor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 04, 2014, 11:29:30 pm »

Head upstairs. Stay there ready to help Lars execute his silent takedown plan in case it's needed - use an uncon-based silent beatdown to achieve that end, applying a tranq dart - manually so if I'd have to roll con for the handgun's usage even if the barrel is pressed againt his skin - to his neck.

Add: remember to avoid being caught on camera during the action. And also move upstairs only when it wouldn't compromise Lars' plan by joining him too early - before he can assert the guard's position, for example.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:21:15 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2014, 12:08:50 am »

Watch, Report, Charge. Scan around the outside of the building and on the lower floors for anything/anyone acting odd.

If things for Lars and Milno don't go very well with the guard and he looks like he might warn the target before they can stop him, use the Cam-eye goggles and the Exo bonus and center a softball sized sphere in the middle of his chest and cool it by 30 degrees Celsius, for 2 seconds. Be sure to warn the other two in case this happens. Try to stop him out of range of any of the cameras.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:23 am »

"Moving."

Act as below.

Drawing a picture here to make things clear.  I understand that the setup is something like this:

Awake guard at A, with camera behind him.  Out guard in D.  Lars in the hallway in front of rooms C/D.

Plan:  Put tranq pistol in top of toolbox and close it, so it's right there on top when it's opened.  Unlock the door to C (where out guard isn't.)  Leave toolbox (closed) at point B.  Move to point E and pretend to work on an electrical outlet there, so as to verify the location of the guard.

Use amp to do same plan as before to this guard, except have the sound coming from room C.  (Again, he feels he must investigate it himself without telling anyone else.  As he goes behind me, do the "slap tool belt, look around, throw up hands in disgust" dance of I forgot something, and turn around and go down the hall behind the guard.  Grab tranq gun from box.  Shoot guard from behind.  Close and lock door he's in.  Notify team.

Contingencies: 
If guard at door asks me anything (where's other guard, what am I doing, leave now) go ahead and execute amp plan.

If amp fails and guard goes violent, dive for cover.  If possible, use amp to simply wipe his mind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:51 am »

"Moving."

Act as below.

Drawing a picture here to make things clear.  I understand that the setup is something like this:

Awake guard at A, with camera behind him.  Out guard in D.  Lars in the hallway in front of rooms C/D.

Plan:  Put tranq pistol in top of toolbox and close it, so it's right there on top when it's opened.  Unlock the door to C (where out guard isn't.)  Leave toolbox (closed) at point B.  Move to point E and pretend to work on an electrical outlet there, so as to verify the location of the guard.

Use amp to do same plan as before to this guard, except have the sound coming from room C.  (Again, he feels he must investigate it himself without telling anyone else.  As he goes behind me, do the "slap tool belt, look around, throw up hands in disgust" dance of I forgot something, and turn around and go down the hall behind the guard.  Grab tranq gun from box.  Shoot guard from behind.  Close and lock door he's in.  Notify team.

Contingencies: 
If guard at door asks me anything (where's other guard, what am I doing, leave now) go ahead and execute amp plan.

If amp fails and guard goes violent, dive for cover.  If possible, use amp to simply wipe his mind.

You unlock the door, position your tool box, and then walk over to an electrical outlet with a view of the other guard. You watch him out of the corner of your eye and notice that, almost immediately he seems suspicious that the other guard isn't with you. He starts to walk in your direction, hand reaching to his side to grab a baton of some sort hanging from his belt. Before he gets any further, you reach out into his brain and give him a fairly forceful suggestion about the existence of strange noises and how he really should go check them out. He continues advancing but his trajectory changes. It's an odd thing to see, his face remaining completely set and unchanging as he mechanically shifts direction and turns down the hall. You give him a few seconds and then, after making a show of checking your belt, walk down the hall after him.

You retrieve the tranq gun from your box just as he starts to turn around, the stupor clearing from his face. You notice the machine pistol coming up to point at you and get a bit overzealous, firing 5 times and putting darts all up his chest, neck and even one straight into his face. He falls loudly to his knees before you can get over to him, but you catch the rest of his collapse and quickly flop him back into the open room and close the door.

You pull out your walkie talkie and whisper, "Second wire fixed. Power is out for now, but will be coming  back on soon. Suggest we hurry up."

Head upstairs. Stay there ready to help Lars execute his silent takedown plan in case it's needed - use an uncon-based silent beatdown to achieve that end, applying a tranq dart - manually so if I'd have to roll con for the handgun's usage even if the barrel is pressed againt his skin - to his neck.

Add: remember to avoid being caught on camera during the action. And also move upstairs only when it wouldn't compromise Lars' plan by joining him too early - before he can assert the guard's position, for example.

You get upstairs, or at least halfway upstairs, since you still have to stay out of range of the camera on the stairs, which no one took out or anything.
Watch, Report, Charge. Scan around the outside of the building and on the lower floors for anything/anyone acting odd.

If things for Lars and Milno don't go very well with the guard and he looks like he might warn the target before they can stop him, use the Cam-eye goggles and the Exo bonus and center a softball sized sphere in the middle of his chest and cool it by 30 degrees Celsius, for 2 seconds. Be sure to warn the other two in case this happens. Try to stop him out of range of any of the cameras.

You keep monitoring, but beyond the normal foot traffic outside and the owner lazing around downstairs, there's nothing going on.

It's 5pm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2014, 10:33:26 am »

"Good job. Checking if I can fix tangled wiring."

That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but: use the mechanist glove and check whether the camera knowledge I gleaned from the ship boarding is of any use to make it loop the recording. Spend a while concentrating to do so (dynamic bonus).
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2014, 01:46:16 pm »

(( Should have been doing this last turn... xD ))

Check for wireless signals while we wait, looking to see if those cameras are broadcasting wirelessly

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2014, 03:21:25 am »

Check positions of both guards and target. Make sure both guards are still out and the target is not acting worried or anything else suspicious.

Watch, report, charge.

If either guard show any signs of waking up, freeze a softball sized sphere in the middle of their chest by 30 degrees, for 2 seconds. Be sure to use the Exo bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23