Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53885 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Does anyone have designs on the room beyond the chess room?)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Back.  Going to post the double doors tomorrow.  Going to finish up a turn that has been delayed for the longest time in another game.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Yeah...so I was wrong.  Wasn't expecting some stuff to appear.  Anyway, description)

Zanzetkuken saw that the rest had come, despite what she had said.  She didn't know what emotion she should be feeling, so she turned, and opened the doors.  On the other side was a cave, but there were no enemies within.  She didn't really notice this, though.  On the other side was, rather than a door, light streaming down.  She rushed over to it, and, after her eyes adjusted, saw a large open area.  However, her elation faded when she saw, after looking closely, that it was actually under a massive dome.  As she looked around, she saw a small town in the distance, roughly in the middle of the, what she thought was a, four kilometer dome.  Turning around, she saw that the double doors were at the border between a hill and mountainous region, and saw the hills progress to a grassland, with some forests interspaced upon it, that held the town, and the grassland decay into a wasteland, before becoming a desert.  She saw a moderately large river snaking its way through the entirety of the area, splitting the town in half before exiting over past the desert.  Up in the sky, she saw it was a deeper blue than what she could remember, with a duo of light sources, probably representing suns.  Looking at the mountains, she saw a few dragons within it, and saw a couple deer running at a forest edge.  Within the town, she saw a mixture of only what could be described as different races.  A passing thought entered her mind, which she said under her breath, "Could those be other players?"  After it had passed, she wondered what had brought her to think that.  Looking behind her, she saw no shield that had been within other new rooms, meaning this one could be entered and exited at will.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle shrugs and walks in.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(So, is this the overworld?)

HugoLuman paused when light came streaming through the double doors. Could it be? Sunlight? He turned around. Sure enough, a bright, soft light came pouring into the cathedral through the open doors. He bounded back down down the stairs, nearly bowling over Arcvasti who had started to follow him. His startled curiosity carried him through the doorway, and something in him nearly took over and sent him running down the hillside...

No. Focus, you fool. This is not the outside. Those were clearly fake lights in the sky overhead, if you could call it a sky. He shook his head vigorously, trying to stay focused. Then he noticed something: soft earth underfoot. Perhaps...

He started clawing at the ground. After a few seconds, he managed to scratch "HI" in messy capitals.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman trailed behind without saying a word, hiding behind the mass of other Bay 12ers as cover amongst the alien plain. He noted that there was such a thing as indoor towns in games such as Nethack, and remained cautious despite the lack of the gates shutting. The air was fresher here then anywhere else in the whole area.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

He bounded back down down the stairs, nearly bowling over Arcvasti who had started to follow him.
**WHOA! Where are you going, Hugo?**

Arcvasti follows him over to the double doors and goes to stand beside Zanzetkuken.

**My God, sunlight. Or at least a reasonable facsimile of it. Why is it so BRIGHT?**

Arcvasti looks around and spots the town. Squinting, he looks more closely at it.

"Could those be other players?"
**Other players? Maybe. I wonder if they built that town? If so, how long have they been here? Does death from old age trigger respawning?**

Arcvasti shudders.

**If so, we'll be here a LONG time. Although if that IS some sort of organized player society there, it could be better then I thought it would be. Or not. Are THEY Bay12ers too? Because if the population of a DIFFERENT, less awesome forum was here too, we could have... problems on our hands. Should we even TRY to make contact with them?**

Arcvasti looks at HugoLuman

**Hugo's current state doesn't help diplomacy any. What if he lost control and ate one of them? If they ARE other players, they might be higher level then we are.**

Arcvasti regards his surroundings.

**Or I suppose we could explore the rest of the dome some more. What does everybody think?**

He started clawing at the ground. After a few seconds, he managed to scratch "HI" in messy capitals.

**Oh. He still seems to be able to communicate. That's a good sign.**

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB steps outside of the gates with everyone, shielding his eyes from the sudden light.
Moments later, though, his eyes widened in surprise.
"Is this the real--?
oh."

No. No, it wasn't the real world.
The sky was... wrong, and there were two suns. Two lying, fake suns.

The disappointment and sadness in that one word was obvious.

"W.. when are we going to get out of here, guys..?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman started scratching out more letters while the others wandered out. After a few minutes, he managed to assemble a barely readable message in the dirt:

SENSRY OVRLOAD & HARD 2 FOCUS
FINE 4 NOW BUT B CAREFUL PLS
SOM BAD URGES

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"W.. when are we going to get out of here, guys..?"

**I think that... I believe... I don't know. I don't know.**

Arcvasti visibly slumps.

**I don't know ANYTHING anymore. I thought this was nice at first. Even for a while after I failed Zanzetkuken and let her... It was still almost a game. But now... What I would give for Wi-Fi. Or a computer. Or a book that WASN'T blank. If that IS a town made up of other players down there...**

Arcvasti breaks off, sobbing, and just stares at the mountains. Then he regainst his composure, straightens up and wipes his eyes with his sleeve.

**That doesn't change anything. I'll still protect you guys. I'm not about to fail again. Whether or not this class is my "chosen porpoise", I'm going to make it so. I'm not going to...**

Arcvasti trails off mid-sentence, attacked by a stray thought.

**I wonder if I could just sort of... Excuse me for a minute.**

Arcvasti takes off at a run through the unshielded doors and comes back in a minute, carrying the king's scepter in lieu of the shillelagh.

**I thought this looked about the same size. And also way cooler.**

SENSRY OVRLOAD & HARD 2 FOCUS
FINE 4 NOW BUT B CAREFUL PLS
SOM BAD URGES

Arcvasti takes off his glasses and cleans them before looking at the message.

**Don't you worry. I won't let anyone get mauled by a werewolf again. If you infect anyone else, I'll just cure both of you so we only have one werewolf. I'll just try and bonk you on the head if you go bonkers.**

Arcvasti briefly smiles at his somewhat lame wordplay before becoming serious.

**I don't think it'll come to that though. I have faith in your ability to resist the inner beast. Actually... Would using Aid on your Animal Empathy help any? Couldn't hurt.**

Arcvasti points the scepter at HugoLuman and boosts his Animal Empathy.

**There. Anyone have any idea what to do here? Don't go off alone. Even discouting the possibly hostile town residents, I thought I glimpsed a dragon. Unless one of us is half-dragon, I have no reason to believe they'll be friendly.**
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman blinked. He did feel more clearheaded after the boost, though he wondered how long it would last. He nodded in thanks.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB blinks at Hugo's message, and then chuckles quietly at Arc's use of 'porpoise' in place of 'purpose', even though he wasn't exactly in the mood for comedy.

"We should head over there sooner rather than later, because I don't think even a really smart dragon would be nice on the off chance it's hungry."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now better able to concentrate, HugoLuman looked around. There did seem to be dragons in the distance, and a town down below. Both could potentially be very dangerous, but also very profitable. Perhaps there was something of note in those nearby woods, though...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:10:54 pm by HugoLuman »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[[I'd say the town personally. Either is good though.]]
Spooky Signature

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle starts walking toward the town helmet in hand.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67