Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 54023 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

*THUD*

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
║ You awaken in a strange corridor.║
╚══════════════════════════════════╝

The three-cornered hat tumbled from his crown upon the Propman's abrupt landing onto the large glass pad, narrowly saving his head from being bruised in the process. Nevertheless, the sudden jolt produced by the alien machine that served as his cushion woke the fellow well, causing him to instinctively get into a kneeling position and swiftly grab and reapply his headgear in a single movement.

"Searching... ... ... Recommended class... ... ... "Adventurer". "

Ignoring the blaring noise that seemed to be coming from no discernible direction, Propman stood up fully in order to take a look at his surroundings, noticing that he was apparently suspended above some type of crude obstacle course, or a rather clean section of a sewer.

"Urk... *cough* Ello'? Anyone-"

Before he spoke too loudly, however, he checked back to his mind. The first thing that came into his mind was the fact that he couldn't remember what the heck he was doing prior to waking up here. Surely nobody actually spends their time knocking out random blokes and dressing them up as adventurers and-

Glancing at himself, Propman noticed that he was dressed up in the set of gear he had accumulated over the years in the vain hope that he might somehow find the particular set of clothing useful in some kind of obscene adventuring situation. His friends always thought the coat in particular looked down right silly on him, yet he insisted that it gave him the look of a professional woodsman, and that it certainly matched his hat much better then those lousy striped 80s shirts he usually wore prior.

His thoughts turned back to his immediate surroundings, looking around for any obvious exits. The corridor went forward, and it would appear that there were doors in the distance, but his near-sightedness combined with his lack of glasses (why couldn't the hobos who apparently dragged him here put on those?) made it difficult to tell for sure. He felt the stings of panic attempting to strike at him from the back of his head. Where was he, and how would he get out!? He gripped onto his homemade polearm in order to reassure himself (even though he was fairly uncertain if it would actually hold up in the case of conflict), and took a deep breath. Heck, he's been lost in forests, second world shanty towns, and goddamn Vegas before, how hard could navigating this sewer dungeon possibly be?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:56:23 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Actually, you're in a room with a bunch of sci-fi pods and a computer dias where you get a class and an ability. There is but one door from here.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Actually, you're in a room with a bunch of sci-fi pods and a computer dias where you get a class and an ability. There is but one door from here.)

(Actually, that's wrong.  If you check where I described it, I said the first room was made of stone, had two semicircular platforms and one circular platform connected by bridges, and 1 foot below the platforms is 1 foot deep water.  The Dias is made of stone, but opens to dispense the forearm devices.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Well, after he chooses a class he can teleport to us, right?)
(Also, can we get going again?)

HugoLuman reached the bottom, some of the others looking at him a bit impatiently. "Alright, let's all get near the door first."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Well, after he chooses a class he can teleport to us, right?)
(Also, can we get going again?)

(Yep.)

Zanzetkuken wandered the room while the other forumites were descending into the room or ascending towards the other.  In one of the pews, she found a small book, but none of the text was recognizable, much less able to be read, so she set it back where it was found.  Wandering over to where the dragon was chained, she picked up the spent pellets, and noticed four sections set in with runes of some kind.  The forumite recalled that the dragon was in some form of pain when it was inside them, but once it left them, it wasn't in as much pain.  She recalled some of the forumites having walked through it without being affected, so she came to the conclusion that it could only affect dragons.  This made it all the more surprising when, when her arm went into it slightly, it caused some pain.  She stifled an exclamation of pain, only taking a small jump back away from it.   She then made a mental note to avoid the boundaries the four runes enclosed.

(OOC note: The mark makes magic recognize the person as dragon rather than their native race, so any magic that targets dragons also affects those with the mark, but if, for example, a human specific spell was used, it wouldn't affect the person with the mark.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle gets up and walks over to the runes. He thinks to himself.
If I were to carve that into my sword... well, it works on Zan so I wonder what else it would work on...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

If I were to carve that into my sword... well, it works on Zan so I wonder what else it would work on...

(I was writing that in the manner of the event being stifled to avoid notice, and the room has dim lighting...)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's a stone cathedral. I think a ninja, even an incredibly obvious one, would be able to hear her walking unless she isn't wearing shoes and I missed that.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(IIRC, isn't the only ability you gained from your class the clone one? Wouldn't ninja senses need another level up?)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You don't really need to be a ninja to hear sounds that would be that loud and echoy. And maybe?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((You don't really need to be a ninja to hear sounds that would be that loud and echoy. And maybe?))

(Someone was ascending staircases at the same time, people were talking, people were going down the chain, and it was a minor stumble back that could have been more easily viewed as not having the center of gravity entirely perfected rather than runes affecting a person.  Also, you wouldn't have seen my reaction, since you were on the floor from the fall at the time of occurrence.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman climbed up the stairs, noticing that the balcony was too narrow for more than 3 or 4 people to stand right next to the door. They'd have to line up a bit and crowd in if everyone was to enter at once. "Mind if I take this one? I've got danger sense."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Huh.  Perhaps I don't have time to keep up with this, even if it is entertaining.  Everyone else seems to post way more than me.  Would it be okay to duck into one door, while everyone else goes through another, so I can play this game while I have time, but not explicitly interact with the rest of the players unless I have time?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Huh.  Perhaps I don't have time to keep up with this, even if it is entertaining.  Everyone else seems to post way more than me.  Would it be okay to duck into one door, while everyone else goes through another, so I can play this game while I have time, but not explicitly interact with the rest of the players unless I have time?))

(Yeah, there's an open one past the Oni and Drink room.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You could also do an "I can't deal with this right now, Imma sulk in this room." But just to warn you this seems to have suddenly and massively slowed down. We've gone from 14 pages in a day to almost nothing happening all day.))
((If anyone's online, can we do stuff now?))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67