Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53924 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Okay, KJ is charging, Player shot out a mouse, and Arc is beating one with a book...)

Zanzetkuken takes aim at the fourth of the enemies with his rifle and looks down the scope.  When he does, he almost feels as if something is slightly guiding his aim.  He pulls the trigger and the pellet goes flying out and impacts the shoulder of the creature with enough force to stagger it enough so it falls down to the ground, slightly wounded on the left shoulder, at the base of the neck.  The forumite then proceeds to reload as it picks itself up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Griffinpup shrugged as he he saw his class, a close range bruiser,  The ability listed was entitled "Counter Attack"

Sweet, Griffinpup thought. That has to be a good thing.

Seeing that some idiot opened the door, Griffinpup moves over to take a peek.  He was slightly shocked to see naked children apparently attacking his comrades, but something about the children was most definitely off.  Shrugging, Griffinpup charges in to the room, getting between the children and the guys carrying ranged weapons.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((Yeah, Imma have to quit this, mainly because I have no idea as to how I'm supposed to play this.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((Some more structure might be nice, and an update to the OP to clarify things is well due))

Just before the door slammed shut, HugoLuman felt a sudden, strange feeling. Danger sense? He raised his axe just before the child-creatures charged "Shit!"

The startled swing caught one of the attackers full in the chest, knocking it over and leaving a large, bloody gash.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Some more structure might be nice, and an update to the OP to clarify things is well due))

Any advice on specifics?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((Roll system, stats. Those are a good start.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Mobile phone post
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:05 am »

(Any stats are for fluff, and there is no true roll system.  The result of what you do is based on how well you think you would do.  People can develop their own personal system if they want to be more unbiased, but it is not required.)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, that not really fun for everyone though. It may as well make the game an open RP.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

((I think the game basically is an open RP, though.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I just think that needs to be made explicit in the OP, so that people know what they're getting themselves into.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Again, mobile phone post
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »

I'll put it in the OP later, when I have access to a computer.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti frantically beats the child creature with his booky thing. Apparently their skulls aren't as fragile as he'd thought. Still, after the sixth blow it collapses, presumably unconscious.
**Maybe. Just MAYBE we AREN'T all going to die.**
Arcvasti looks down at his torso and sees bleeding scratches across his abdomen.
**Those things have sharp nails. It doesn't really hurt though. Maybe pain is dampened here so we can function like RPG characters would?**
He runs away from the melee and takes cover behind the rock. Then he glances over at his wrist device.
**I suppose I can do that, can't I?**
He looks over at Griffinpup embroiled in the melee. Arcvasti uses his Aid I ability on Griffinpup, empowering his next use of Counter Attack. Then he goes back to cowering behind the rock near the entrance.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle swings his sword in a large arc down on the head of the child thing sending it flying. The now headless torso walks around in random directions spewing blood.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cado pales considerably as he fires an arrow at the charging child monster, hitting it in the gut as it exploded into a blood splatter on the ground, the body gone.

"Binding of FREAKING ISSAC!?!?"
Cado looks horrified.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"APPARENTLY!" HugoLuman raises his axe again and splits the head of the bleeding creature on the ground before it can get back up.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67