Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - Test Campaign OOC  (Read 12669 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - Test Campaign OOC
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »

!!Changelog!!

So! One of the biggest detracting elements against the Laguz is that they very often are stuck with having no actions to perform. They can move around and use items, but that is the absolute extent of their role. Frankly, this sucks and I know you all would agree with me. So! I gave the matter some thought at work today and I came up with some definite improvements. Without further ado, I present the changes.

--=--

Cats:

Cats are sneaky creatures. Now they reflect that fact. They haven't been given an active ability like the other characters in this change log, but they also are hands down the quickest to transform. This change will give them the goal of running for cover, and then striking with fury before retreating back into the shadows.

Natural Abilities have been changed.
-Conceal - After spending one full turn on defensive tiles (such as trees, hills, or pillars) without attacking, this character stealths and cannot be seen by enemy units. Stealth is broken either when this unit leaves cover, an enemy runs into him, or he chooses to attack an enemy unit.
-Naturally Attuned has been removed.

Agility Tree has been renamed the Shadow Tree, among other changes
- Tier 2 now grants cats a sizeable crit bonus when attacking enemies when coming out of stealth.
- Tier 2 no longer grants extra progression points.

--=--

Tigers:

Tigers are big, both when transformed and when out of it. Unlike other Laguz, they are meant to take to the front lines and apply pressure to the enemy. Unfortunately, all they really could do is stand there and hope that someone would kindly shoot an arrow their way. No longer! I've given them the ability to Shove both opponents and allies out of the way with their great hulking mass. This should give them some decisions to make while holding the line a lot more interesting. A tactician's true skill is in whether they can use Shove effectively.

In addition to that though, I solidified the Tiger's position as Anti-Calvary units. They can now have the possibility of knocking cavalry units to the ground and dismounting them, an ability that undoubtedly has it's charms. In addition, if a Tiger reaches his Second Tier, he'll be doing a painful amount of damage while doing so.

Gain a new Natural Ability.
- Shove - This unit may choose to shove any other adjacent unit in the opposite direction, forcing them 1 tile directly away from this character. If an enemy unit is shoved into another unit or into any otherwise impassable terrain for that character, the unit shoved instead takes damage equal to this character's STR minus it's DEF and is stunned. This means it cannot attack or take any other action other than move during it's turn. Allies who are shoved onto tiles which are impassable receive no penalty and remain where they are. Bosses and other important characters deemed by the GM cannot be effected by Shove.

Predator Tree receives changes.
- Tier 1 had an ability replacement.
- Thrash is removed in favor of a different ability
- Takedown: If the unit this character is attacking is mounted, dismount that character. Characters dismounted in this way cannot get back onto their mounts until a turn has passed. If the unit was flying over impassable terrain, place that unit on the nearest tile it can occupy.
- Tier 2's ability now deals effective damage, as opposed to simply double damage.

--=--

Hawks:

Hawks didn't necessarily need love, but I wanted to give them something they can do. I don't know if Meditate is a step in the right direction yet, so bear with me. Hawks are quite naturally the most violent of Laguz. They live and breathe battle. But to battle at their fullest, they have to connect with the inner hawk first. This ability will allow them to do that at the cost of not moving for a round. Meditating during the thick of a battle is almost impossible, but this ability should ensure that Hawks will always have that little private moment to themselves before they flying in on guns of glory.

- Hawksight has been changed to remove most references to weather, but now allows Hawks to see any invisible characters.
- Meditate: While untransformed, this unit may spend a turn waiting to double their current transformation guage. While meditating, this unit does not gain any transformation points. If this unit is attacked while Meditating, the trance is broken and this character receives no TG growth from that particular attack.

Flight Tree has received changes
- Tier 2, Aerial Superiority now deals effective damage against other Fliers. Those units struck are no longer flying.

Blitz Tree has not received changes, but I am looking into effects that nullify or weakens healing used on units attacked by a Hawk.

--=--

Wolves:

Ah Wolves... I will not lie. They long eluded me as to what I wanted to do with them. But at long last I've arrived at a position where I can be somewhat satisfied. With Gather, Wolves can create medicines for both themselves and others in a manner similar to Nomads, chief among them being Olivi Dew. This dew should allow them to be able to participate in a battle actively enough until their TG gauge catches up and they too are ready for a fight. The Hunter Tree now also awards selfless Wolves by giving them transformation points for helping and supporting their allies.

Glare has also received a bit of love and now just runs off of SKL as opposed to SKL/2

- Howl has been removed
- Gather: While untransformed, this unit may gather a (1/3) portion of Olivi Dew. Olivi Dew may be used to increase an allies' transformation gauge by 12 points.

Hunter Tree has received changes.
- Tier 1. Pack Hunter has been changed. This character now receives 6 Transformation Points when performing an action that helps an allied character. This would be using an item on them or rescuing them.
- Tier 1. Gather can now be used to create 1/3 portions of Vulnerary. This vulnerary disapears upon completion of the map if it hasn't already been used.
- Tier 2. Bond has been changed.
- Bond - Allies with a support with this character that are within three tiles receive a +10 to their critical rate in addition to normal support bonuses. This character also gains +2 bonus damage for each supporting ally in range up to a cap of 6 bonus damage.

Judgement Tree has received changes.
- The chance for Glare to happen has been improved.

--=--

These changes, barring any complaints will likely be instituted for the next chapter. I don't want to add them in mid battle, but I think they are good quality of life changes that need to be made immediately for the love all things holy.

Any comments?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:06:27 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »

Ok, plan:
Nyn to H-16, heal Matthew, canto to I-18
Isteus to H-12, attack Chill Sprite B
Kahn to M-13, stab the dark sprite
Coronis attack LtA, canto to somewhere
Cara to I-14, attack LtA
Matthew to J-15, attack LtB
MTK to J-14, use a vuln
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:51:38 pm by Swordstar »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2014, 06:47:18 am »

Hey! I unfortunately may not be able to update a bit for I am at a conference. I'll see to running the turn and resolving actions as soon as I return!
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2014, 06:55:52 am »

Have fun at the con, Birdy. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »

Plan?
Nyn snipes the Light Sprite (13 damage)
Cara finishes it off(?)
Coronis gets her butt back here and attacks Lethe Sprite A
Matthew moves to L-13, blasts the Light Sprite
Kahn finishes the light sprite off
MTK moves to I-13, heal Isteus
I realize that we want to get that treasure, but we really can't afford to have one of our guys gone right now. That's just not doable here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:38:59 pm by Swordstar »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2014, 12:58:26 am »

I do not understand how Reinforce works and thought that it activates every turn~ :D Hence my action as such.
Yeah, sorry  :-X

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »

Reinforce is a completely separate action. There will be sprites spawning every turn, but there'll also possibly be three enemies being summoned by Charon at some point, so we'll see...

And it's fine, you did what you thought was right, etc.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2014, 10:18:33 am »

Cara
SKL+, LUK+, DEF+, RES+, SPD+

Isteus
HP+, STR+, LUK+, RES+, SPD+

Coronis
STR+, MAG+, SKL+, RES+, SPD+

Kahn
LUK+, DEF+, SPD+

Matthew
HP+, MAG+, SPD+

Nynaeve
RES+, SPD+

MTK
HP+, SKL+, RES+

Allies

Orpheus
HP+, SKL+, RES+, SPD+

Levels Ho!

To explain the Isteus situation, when/if he is revived he will retain that 1 measly TG point and still be transformed. This means you may use a bit of Olivi Grass on him to keep him in the fight if you would so wish.

Thoughts!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:26:49 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »

Good level for Isteus, good indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2014, 04:58:46 pm »

Cara will be attacking Charon .-.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

I wouldn't suggest it since you're about to untransform and that would be unfortunate on the EP?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:06 pm »

Yeah...I know :S
Gah transformation bar!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile