Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - Test Campaign OOC  (Read 12691 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - Test Campaign OOC
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 09:13:07 pm »

I suggest a rule that allows a flying unit to "land" by using an action. They lose all the advantages and disadvantages of flight by doing so, and taking off again is another action.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »

They don't benefit 'cause they're flying over it, how they only have to expend one move to move on it. I didn't move onto a forest tile though, if I recall right.

I was more meaning how the two flying trees in the game can dismount and be grounded, and if there was something akin for flying Laguz, considering they fly in both forms.

EDIT: I'm afraid you applied effective damage wrong, it doesn't work like a crit. It triples the base MT of the effective weapon, so technically Isteus would of taken (5*3) + 6 - 5 - 3 = 13 damage.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:30:53 pm by Xanmyral »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 11:33:25 am »

Possible plan:
MTK vulns Sany
Matthew takes care of Fighter A
Cara vulns Isteus
Khan vulns self
Nynaeve heals Orpheus
Coronis attacks Peg B, cantos to 4-19

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:24 pm »

Possible plan:
MTK vulns Sany
Matthew takes care of Fighter A
Cara vulns Isteus
Khan vulns self
Nynaeve heals Orpheus
Coronis attacks Peg B, cantos to 4-19
I can't reach Isteus--I can get to 9,22 and Vuln Sanyi...if my understanding of forest terrain works that way as +1 to leave it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 02:51:08 pm »

They don't benefit 'cause they're flying over it, how they only have to expend one move to move on it. I didn't move onto a forest tile though, if I recall right.

I was more meaning how the two flying trees in the game can dismount and be grounded, and if there was something akin for flying Laguz, considering they fly in both forms.

EDIT: I'm afraid you applied effective damage wrong, it doesn't work like a crit. It triples the base MT of the effective weapon, so technically Isteus would of taken (5*3) + 6 - 5 - 3 = 13 damage.

Hrmm... Alright. I think what I did was something more akin to this: (5+6-5-3)*3=9. Which could very well be the wrong way of looking at things. I'll keep this in mind for later calculations, and get it right next time. Luckily, it doesn't change the overall combat results so I don't have to run a new turn. Regardless of that though, I'll keep this in mind for later!

@Tiruin You may reach Isteus this round. Forest tiles just cause 2 Move to traverse it.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 02:59:35 pm »

Oh
In that case, I can't? Due to me having 5 MOV

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 03:01:36 pm »

You can reach him if I kill the fighter. Give me a bit.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 07:44:28 pm »

Hrmm... Alright. I think what I did was something more akin to this: (5+6-5-3)*3=9. Which could very well be the wrong way of looking at things. I'll keep this in mind for later calculations, and get it right next time. Luckily, it doesn't change the overall combat results so I don't have to run a new turn. Regardless of that though, I'll keep this in mind for later!

Yeah, there's a lot of small rules like that in the game. You'll find Effective weapons under the combat example, under special rules if I recall. In 1.22 however it's just a x2 bonus, but most people don't touch the 1.22 book except for a few things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 12:29:43 am »

Yeah, there's a lot of small rules like that in the game. You'll find Effective weapons under the combat example, under special rules if I recall. In 1.22 however it's just a x2 bonus, but most people don't touch the 1.22 book except for a few things.
Y? o_o

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

There's only three main differences, those being the new character skills, the weapon rebalances, and other miscellaneous changes that are small and grouped together, like the x2 effective weapons instead of x3. The character skills are universally seen as awful, so we ignore those, but after looking at the weapons we found them better than the ones in 1.20, so its been agreed to use those. So out of the three things, we only use one of them.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »

Don't be so hasty. I liked some of the character abilities, notably Big Swing for the Mountain Warrior.

I'll have the turn up sometime here in the next hour or so.
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »

Also, Birdy, Kahn's HP is still 6 in the HP spoiler when it should be 16 since I healed myself. :V
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2014, 03:03:24 pm »

Indeed! I saw that and fixed it. Double checking anyways.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2014, 06:39:51 pm »

K, if Kahn could finish off Archer B, I can murderate the fighter.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 02:29:41 am »

Don't be so hasty. I liked some of the character abilities, notably Big Swing for the Mountain Warrior.

The problem wasn't with the character skills (largely, the pirate one however draws flak as do a few others) but rather with quantity. So they are rather universally reviled for that fact, although some changing out is being discussed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10