Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103451 times)

Nunzillor

Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #585 on: December 02, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »

"Q:WILLYOUSTILLBELAUGHINGWHENYOUROTHEREYECOMESOUT?DIEDIE!"

Looks like somebody's getting thoroughly mopped.  Take out the other eye.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 02, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

Now that that's over, I'm going to take a look around.
Go over to the door and look around outside.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2014, 12:18:54 am »

Turn 31

Update Music.

Finals are over, frequent updates again.

KEEP searching for my pet dragon! If I notice it, fire a very low power laser shot at Flamefury, mostly hoping to distract her. Then, rush over, and squish the little creature.
If I SOMEHOW don't notice the battle, then keep beating on random structures.

Really, I need a senseless destruction level-up.

You look around for your pet dragon. PERCEPTION: [6] = 6
! You see him ! You send a quick laser shot at the fire sprite. ARM-CANNON: [6 - 1(DEX) + 1(Arm-Weapon)] = 6 VS DODGE: [6 + 2(DEX)] = 8
You can see Flamefury dive out of the way, preventing her from slitting your pet's throat. You begin to rush over. SPEED: [5 - 1(DEX) + 2(Size) - 3(Distance)] = 3
You are roughly halfway there; you should be able to dive into combat next round.

"ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? SMOKE? I'M A F***ING DRAGON! BURN! BURN BENEATH MY RAGE!"
BURN HIM!

"Q:WILLYOUSTILLBELAUGHINGWHENYOUROTHEREYECOMESOUT?DIEDIE!"

Looks like somebody's getting thoroughly mopped.  Take out the other eye.

... heh... heheh... hahahahahaha.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i... i can only see death... i... I MUST RELISH IN IT AND FIGHT TILL THIS ROBOT AND EVERYONE IS DEAD

Fumbles Initiative: [1] = 1
US-2497 Initiative: [5 + 2(DEX)] = 7
Jack Initiative: [1] = 1

US-2947 attacks Jack with the mop, aiming for his good eye. MOP: [3 + 2(DEX) - 1(Tired) + 1(Berserk) + 2(Mop)] = 7 VS DODGE: [2] = 2
Jack makes sure to keep his good eye away from your lethal mop, but you manage to hit him in his eye socket. Ouch. STRENGTH: [6 + 1(Berserk) - 1(STR) - 1(Tired)] = 5, ENDURANCE: [5 + 2(STR)] = [7]
Despite a blow that would've killed any normal meatsack, Jack remains alive by sheer force of will. You feel your mop make contact with brain and Jack go limp. You are unsure whether he is alive or not. You shrug and pull your mop out of his eye socket; blood, aqueous humor, and fragments of brain are glued to the handle of the mop.

PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
Fumbles realizes that the battle is won, and stops himself from breathing a cone of fire onto mopking, who is standing over Fumbles' target.

TAGERIAN: You are still alive, but unconscious.

"Not doing that again anytime soon."

Try to replace my cut wires with the wires I had looted salvaged before.

You attempt to repair yourself using your salvage, IQ, and fellow robots' help. REPAIR: [3 + 1(IQ) + 1(Aid)] = 5
You manage to swap out some of the more devastated wires with the new ones, but it's kind of a rush job. You'll need a few hours in a real roboticist's office to get yourself fully repaired.

How can I bleed heavily when the fire all around me should cauterize any wound?

If it didn't happen automagically, bend fire magic to close the wound. Look for something sharp enough to perform a coup-de-grāce on Sarvex. If successful, drop the explosive reagent and pick the yet-indeterminate sharp object up.

Epic. This made my day!

Wait until my concussion gets better and consciousness returns. Dragons are tough, so it wouldn't be long... Right?

( I errata'd that your wound was seared shut, IcyTea. )

( This takes the place of initiative. )
Flamefury Perception: [6] = 6; CRIT
Sarvex Endurance: [1 + 3(STR)] = 4; CRIT FAIL

Sarvex remains in a deep sleep while Flamefury looks around for a weapon. She quickly finds a shard of metal flung from an exploded metal, and grabs it. As she starts to walk toward Sarvex, however, a laser appears out of the corner of her eye! She dives aside to dodge it, and looks up to see a massive bronze colossus sprinting toward her. Shit.

Now that that's over, I'm going to take a look around.
Go over to the door and look around outside.

You walk over to the door and peer around. PERCEPTION: [4 + 1(Perception)] = 5
You make out to your right, off down the road, a massive bronze colossus charging (away from you). Good thing it's far away. The town square is an absolute mess.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

Dream of explosions and lasers. Not so different from reality, eh?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2014, 12:29:45 am »

... where am i... what happened... i feel kinda faint... is there anything there... HELLO
well i'm up shit creek without a void paddle and it seems i need to hope for a miracle... or a malicious intent... i guess its time to just float for a while

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 10, 2014, 12:30:04 am »

Take cover by Sarvex and take him hostage. Surely Rune wouldn't shoot at his friend, right?

"Go away, robot! This is between us two!"

If any sort of deal can't be reached or Rune doesn't respond, slit Sarvex' throat, grab my severed arm and RUN/FLY LIKE THE WIND!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 10, 2014, 12:39:01 am »

Well, we got a large bronze robot thing charging away from us, we should probably get out of here.
Start gathering my things.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 10, 2014, 06:43:42 am »

Move closer to the sprite until about thirty meters separates us, from my barrel to her cranium. Point the weapon at her head, and start visibly charging. Calculate how much power I can put behind the blast without also harming Sarrak. If impossible, then continue charging, and see where the situation takes me.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nunzillor

« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2014, 09:39:20 pm »

"THANKS FOR THE HELP-- WE SURE FU*KED HIM UP, WHOEVER THAT A**HOLE WAS.  THE BASTARD DISASSEMBLED EVERY OTHER DROID.  BUT AT LEAST HE POPPED THIS UNIT'S RAGE MITIGATION CIRCUIT.  EVERYTHING IS SO... CLEAR NOW.  LET'S REPAIR THESE GUYS AND TEAR SWIFFER AND ANYONE ELSE WE FEEL LIKE A NEW ONE.  Q: SOUND LIKE A GOOD TIME?"

Begin dragging the remains of the other units to the Swiffer Megamart.  Try and repair them as best as possible.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:48:09 pm by Nunzillor »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 12, 2014, 06:18:04 am »

walk way from the unicorn book. "I forgot, I'm immortal. You can't kill me, so I'm not scared."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2014, 02:53:57 pm »

"Boss! Mind getting some of the minions to track down this guy's pieces? He can help us with our door problem. I'll get some magicks to fix this asshole up for brainwashing."
Use my dragon senses to sense for large concentrations of magic one might find in a spellbook.

Nunzillor

« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

"YOU FOUND SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP?  GOOD WORK.  A SWIFFER HQ HAS GOT TO BE SOMEWHERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT DAMN GATE.  HOWEVER, THIS UNIT ISN'T SURE IF ANY UNITS ARE ABLE TO DO MUCH RIGHT NOW.  LOOK AT WHAT THIS A**HOLE DID!  SERIOUSLY, IF YOU CAN GET THIS GUY ON OUR SIDE HE'S GONNA BE A MAJOR BADA**."

See if any units are still mostly functional.  If any are, order them to find fog-pieces using the handheld magic vacuum device.  Otherwise wait until they are dragged to the megamart for repair.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:10:43 pm by Nunzillor »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »

"Affermative. Also, are you feeling okay?"
If I see his chip I inspect it for damage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:47:33 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Nunzillor

« Reply #598 on: December 13, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »

"WELL, THE BAST*RD OVERLOADED THIS UNIT'S RAGE MITIGATION CIRCUIT.  EVERYTHING IS SIMPLE NOW: ANGER AND DEATH.  Q: ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?

AS FOR OTHER DAMAGE, IT SHOULD BE SIMPLE TO REPAIR."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:37:04 pm by Nunzillor »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2014, 12:08:55 am »

Turn 32

Update Music.

[ By the way, I'm changing the way XP works. The way I had it, it was way too much of a hassle to calculate and slowed down turns. From now on, you'll get XP for doing stuff and reading books. When you get enough XP, you gain a level. Levels can be spent on skills. Going to +1 costs 1 level, going from +1 to +2 costs 2 levels, from +2 to +3 costs 3 levels, etc. Hopefully this will speed things up and also make it so you can decide what you want, instead of me frantically trying to figure it all out. You will all start with 1 level, so if you want to spend it, put it in your next action. ]

Move closer to the sprite until about thirty meters separates us, from my barrel to her cranium. Point the weapon at her head, and start visibly charging. Calculate how much power I can put behind the blast without also harming Sarrak. If impossible, then continue charging, and see where the situation takes me.

Dream of explosions and lasers. Not so different from reality, eh?

Take cover by Sarvex and take him hostage. Surely Rune wouldn't shoot at his friend, right?

"Go away, robot! This is between us two!"

If any sort of deal can't be reached or Rune doesn't respond, slit Sarvex' throat, grab my severed arm and RUN/FLY LIKE THE WIND!

Sarvex ENDURANCE: [6 + 3(STR)] = 9; OVERSHOT

Sarvex Initiative: [4 - 2(Just Regained Consciousness) + 1(DEX)] = 3
Flamefury Initiative: [6 + 1(DEX)] = 7; CRIT
Rune Initiative: [1 - 1(DEX)] = 0; CRIT FAIL

Rune's system, which has been struggling under his insane power usage the last few hours, reboots itself to prevent a total shutdown. Rune's system goes dark. Flamefury PERCEPTION: [4] = 4
Flamefury notices this, and takes advantage of the moment. Noticing that Sarvex has begun to wriggle beneath her, she attempts to slit his throat and fly off. (Auto Crit) DAMAGE: [5 - 1(STR)] = 4
After a second or two, a fountain of blood begins to gush from Sarvex's neck wound. His eyes suddenly open to their full extent as he realizes the grievous if not fatal wound that has been delivered him. ENDURANCE: [3 + 3(STR)] = 6
He keeps conscious, and does his best to cover the wound and prevent himself from bleeding out. He starts to choke on his own blood. Sarvex is now grievously wounded. He is bleeding heavily.

Meanwhile, Flamefury drops the metal, grabs her severed arm, and gets the fuck out of dodge. SPEED: [3 + 1(DEX)] = 4
Not her speediest escape, but it's not hard outrunning a shut-down robot and someone busy bleeding out.

Rune's system comes back online; the sprite is gone (you can try to make a perception check) and his pet is bleeding profusely from a neck wound.

Use my dragon senses to sense for large concentrations of magic one might find in a spellbook.

If I see his chip I inspect it for damage.

Though magic spellbooks are not inherently magical and are only sometimes made magical in order to protect their contents, and also that you being able to find one simply because it is magical is simply ridiculous, you try anyway. SUPERNATURAL: [6] = 6
( ...I give up on life. )

You sense several spellbooks; there is a massive concentration down the stree-holy shit is that the colossus? Errr, past the colossus. PERCEPTION: [1] = 1
You do not see US-2947's chip.

walk way from the unicorn book. "I forgot, I'm immortal. You can't kill me, so I'm not scared."

You start to walk away from the unicorn book. LUCK: [6] = 6
If a book could shrug, it does so. "Whatever."

You leave the book in the library and head out into the street. To your left you can see a giant bronze colossus. To your right the street extends onward.

Begin dragging the remains of the other units to the Swiffer Megamart.  Try and repair them as best as possible.

See if any units are still mostly functional.  If any are, order them to find fog-pieces using the handheld magic vacuum device.  Otherwise wait until they are dragged to the megamart for repair.

You look around to see how many units are still functional. LUCK: [2] = 2
Except for the two robots who are still intact, most are heavily damaged and nonresponsive. There is one that has lost its legs, and one thats upper body has been torn open by shrapnel. The two intact robots nod, take the magic vacuum device, and start hunting down the fog-bits.

After this, you drag the robot who's been heavily damaged by shrapnel to the Swiffer Mart and try to repair him; you also see some other robots in the Mart, and order them to go retrieve their brethren. ROBOTICS: [3 + 2(IQ) - 2(Untrained) + 1(Is A Robot)] = 4
You fix up the robot's chest with the tools and materials available to you, to the extent that he can physically move around. He thanks you and gets to work dragging robots back.

"Probably."

Find a back door to the shop.

As your friend already discovered but failed to tell you, there is no backdoor to the shop; you search around for a while with no luck.

... where am i... what happened... i feel kinda faint... is there anything there... HELLO
well i'm up shit creek without a void paddle and it seems i need to hope for a miracle... or a malicious intent... i guess its time to just float for a while

LUCK: [6] = 6 (What the hell is with the dice today)
Within your rambling dreams, you feel a strange presence...a humanoid figure approaches you, but you can't quite make out details. He seems to be blurred or something, like in a fuzzy picture. A voice is suddenly projected into your mind painfully; "You haven't killed anyone yet....whyyyyyyyyy?"

Start gathering my things.

You go pick up all your belongings, making sure to avoid the puddle of goo that is the remains of the spine devil. You are ready to go at a moment's notice.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:29:36 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51