Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59165 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

So I found some more info on mining base defense strategy. Notably the map with the walls.

Note that this would require a full party of well behaved people that are willing to listen to you and are intelligent and sensible so it's of limited usefulness but it does have some points that would likely work in a small group while the rest of the people run around like idiots.

Here.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

Huh. I'm IP banned from PSOworld. When did that happen....

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Probably for the best if I'm perfectly honest!

I'll transcribe it at some point, pictures and all.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

If they're the ones that hosted that private blue burst server one of their admins probably banned me when I tried to tell the rest what he did and extract assurances that it wouldn't happen again. They declined, and stated that no admin would do that, so there was no way it would happen anyway. I was probably quietly banned shorty after, which I wouldn't have noticed because I immediately left and never looked back.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Okay, tower defense. I'll do it the quick way. This is all the mining defense with the walls.

"Gunners and bravers stay in the top center and just kick the hell out of everything. Forces, Techers, and rangers stay off to the side of the main gunner/braver group and support those sides.

Hunters and fighters cover rear bases from mantises, who can teleport through the walls, and take care of infections.

The walls should avoid breaking at any cost. This staggers the spawns and adds a very inconsistant random element and makes it very difficult to cover bases. The game isn't over if a wall breaks, but you're probably going to lose a base or two at least because of it.

Hunters with warcry can and should warcry bosses and pull them away from the bases and walls.

do not run around the map to get to spawns, stay on standby. If there aren't at least two people in your location, don't move, ever, until those slots are filled.

The front guard (fo te ra br and gu) should move back as bases are destroyed. Similarly hunters/fighters should not be covering bases that no longer are relevant, obviously."

That's just stuff that seemed relevant to a smaller group, but still. This also came from PSO world who, while on average give solid advice, seem to have clouded views of a lot of game mechanics in relating to actually interacting with each other, so do take this with a grain of salt.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Huh. I'm IP banned from PSOworld. When did that happen....

Hell, I've been IP banned, and I haven't ever been there at all (at least until I went there for some build guides and boom, bans already).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yeah, PSO world is kind've a trainwreck in all respects lately.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

Here's some info I put together. I was tired of having to pricecheck the PA discs to know which ones are worth anything each time I came back from a mission. There are too many to remember and so I made a list for personal use, it might not be the most readable things for others but i sure someone can find some use for it. Keep in mind that these prices can fluctuate a lot in some cases, this is just to get a rough idea of their value. I also used the translated Names from the japanese wiki for the list, but you should still be able to figure out what skill it is. I'll probably add elemental techs later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:S the forum doesn't like clean tab-formatting, wont line up the columns.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

The tree has taken it's first step! The rare drop rate is up to 2% from 1%. For 25k. That may not sound like a lot, but the higher star ratings get, the less likely you are to find them, and for particularly desired 11/12 star rares that gets rather ridiculous rather quickly.

With that said! What do we want to work on next?

Attack up/defense up - 2% boost, 10k
Meseta/Exp up - 1% boost, 25k
Rare up - 2% boost, 25k
Photon Occurance rate (how often the tree "grows" buffs to give out) - 5% boost, 6k
Photon Occurance duration (how long those buffs stay on the tree - 2 hour boost, so doubling the current rate of 2 hours, 6k

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

And actual content!

PSO2, Episode 3!

New class, looks like it has a kickboxing equivelent, has dual swords, new plot, new areas, it's a pretty big deal. Some people are thinking a new falz fight will make it's way to EQs, given there's a falz fight in the storyline that is not currently in EQs, making the EQ tables even more flooded with climactic (if long winded) boss fights.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Is there a limit to the number of times the tree can be grown, or can we just eventually, over the course of probably about a decade, max all its levels in everything?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

In that case, my vote for the time being is rare drops. It's a pretty decent help to just about everybody, for the foreseeable future. After that, EXP/meseta, then frequency of boosts. Time boosts stay on the tree isn't really a priority I think, and attack/defense boosts are small enough for better drop rates and exp boosts to be more helpful until endgame.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Reminder because I wasn't aware! That limited quest is ticking up a global meter to something that will occur at the end of the event. I'm not sure what it is, but doing it will help! Mysteries!

Also new team quests.

Also I'll keep on chasing rare then.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

PSO2 JP is supposedly under DDoS attack.
So odds are if you try to get online, you won't be able to.
Just throwing that out there.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35