Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25218 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »

((Teirra is still listed as having positive HP.  I'm sure it doesn't affect anything, but in the off-chance it does...)
((and I also have level-up options... Strange))

Specter suggestion: Hunt for sweet mages souls instead of an empty harmless husks. Feast!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »

Important Note: I've put more thought into the leveling system. The old way pushed surviviability significantly more than sustained damage output. I apologize for wildly swinging my nerf bat after the game has already started, but I have changed people's character sheets (The old ones will be in the first post for a bit longer, if you wish to compare. It's mostly just HP reductions, but EagleV now has a slightly longer range). Battles would have been very difficult with high survivability unless the casters powerblast through everything, while the enemy casters don't need to worry about spell conservation.

((Amusingly, this mostly came about because I wanted to nerf Rolepgeek's HP. He proceeded to roll perfectly, leaving it unchanged.))

Sarrak, you are indeed dead. I was quickly going through the battles-for-leveling, and wasn't paying enough attention to remember that you had died.

Alice needs 1g from the guild vault in order to buy a robe of +1 magical defense.

Nil merges Teirra's saved 4g into the guild vault.

As guild taxes have not been mentioned, Chaun quietly adds the 2g taken from the fallen mage into his personal vault, and hopes the other two have forgotten about it.

The merchant will pay 6g for the four knives brought back from the expedition.

Marks Deno orders the party to use their scrolls and quickly gets out his own. He carefully traces first a short runic sequence, which supposedly informs the gate of his imminent return. He then traces a much longer series, and on its completion is instantly engulfed in a spire of flame. He and it vanish within seconds, leaving only a tiny cloud of the scroll's ashes. Chaun follows within half a minute. Boldbold takes one last look around and unfurls his own, hoping it rings back his weasel as advertised.

The ranger arrives in a small torchlit room. The teleportation left him nauseous, befuddled, and quite dizzy, but unharmed. He staggers to the ground, and finds a cup of water pushed into his hands. By the time he is done, Chuan, Boldbold, and the weasel are with him, as well as six heavily armored guards tensely holding their swords and one wizard, who is just finishing a spell.

"Confirmed, this group was ours. I don't sense any beacons or tag-alongs."

The guards relax. One speaks holds up a piece of paper and speaks. "This was a group of four. You returned by recall scroll?" Chaun nods after a moment. "Did you leave any out there?"

Chaun replies. "The fallen lass still had one, aye."

The guard looks annoyed. "Doubled guard duty for another week, high alert for a month. Be careful next time." Marks looks about to say something, but he cuts him off. "Yes, yes, you need to mourn your loss. Go on." He motions towards the single exit. After a short wide corridor (heavy with disabled traps), they climb a ramp and find themselves back in the courtyard. The group returns to the guild cottage with new ideas for training themselves.

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

((I'm not really sure what to do for higher levels of the guild training area. Low levels will give more options. I will not be making any give more than the standard one pick per level. I may allow some to increase the freebie bonuses or give more powerful choices, but I'm reluctant to make later characters just plain better like that. On the other hand, that would help ease the pain from losing a character. Retro-actively upgrading everyone is not something I'm interested in.))

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EagleV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »

Sarrak, you are indeed dead. I was quickly going through the battles-for-leveling, and wasn't paying enough attention to remember that you had died.
The relief! Yeah, thought so when I saw my name still being in the active list. Well, thanks for the play once again, I think I'll return later.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »

I say we sell the knives.

I also say that Barthold will begin a plan of Buying Low, Selling High, to make money.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »

No free between-mission actions this time.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »

Is the new 7/7HP count from before levelling, or taking the level up gain into account?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:33:10 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »

(I'll take Scout. Going to need it now that I know how these dungeons are being crafted...)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2014, 07:31:44 pm »

Is the new 7/7HP count from before levelling, or taking the level up gain into account?
Before.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2014, 08:52:00 pm »

((So I was looking at the character sheets that irony was considering, and I decided to add my own (unbiased) opinions and observations on the various character sheets.))

Spoiler: Ochita's musings. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2014, 08:55:47 pm »

(Hmmm. I don't know whether to chose the HP boost or pack mule: Higher HP allows Chauner to actually participate as a front-line soldier and not worry about dying nearly as much (dodge makes him far more resilient then one would first presume), but Pack Mule is sort of adding his shtick of hauling.)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2014, 02:13:24 am »

(Hmmm. I don't know whether to chose the HP boost or pack mule: Higher HP allows Chauner to actually participate as a front-line soldier and not worry about dying nearly as much (dodge makes him far more resilient then one would first presume), but Pack Mule is sort of adding his shtick of hauling.)
(( I'm fairly certain you're going to regret not taking the other one, whichever one you choose. I'd go with HP. Better to regret having no room for an item than to regret having not enough HP. ))
(( Nirur: I guess the power reagent is Alcohol - Aqua Fortis - Aqua Regalia or somesuch? If so, it is possible that enemies will carry it, or can I craft it, or is it found in a shop or in the wild, or possibly any of the above? Or would my character not know, having only ever needed to use the guild stockpiles? ))

Neb's cheerfull smile quickly vanishes when he sees only three people enter. "Damn. Boss told us it was bad, never thought it was that bad. Are you guys allright?"
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:58 pm »

(( Nirur: I guess the power reagent is Alcohol - Aqua Fortis - Aqua Regalia or somesuch? If so, it is possible that enemies will carry it, or can I craft it, or is it found in a shop or in the wild, or possibly any of the above? Or would my character not know, having only ever needed to use the guild stockpiles? ))
((Yes, you should be able to buy low tier power reagents easily enough, even with the guild there. You might be able to find some on enemies or as dungeon loot.))

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »

(HP Boost it is, then!)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »

(Was I always level two?)
Odd jobby
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2014, 02:40:09 pm »

(Was I always level two?)
Yes.

Now waiting on IronyOwl to choose someone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20