Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25214 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 05:56:46 pm »

Well I may be an unarmored punch monkey in direct combat, but holy crap can I heal. And that armor, hehehehehehe...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »

So is the game full or is there still room?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 06:05:06 pm »

Current roster is full, but there's a waitlist and we're likely to die savagely.

Less so while I'm around, of course. :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 06:53:54 pm »

IronyOwl's Nil has been elected leader. (50% of the possible votes, with no dissenting voice for a few hours.)

While I try to think of an interesting leadership bonus to give to a healbot, feel free to choose your two new minions. You're not limited to current sign-ups, if you want to request that someone take a specific role.

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note to Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 07:17:17 pm »

Excellent! I promise to be a benevolent and just iron-fisted tyrant.

My first act will therefore be to select additional minions based on wanton bribery and sniveling cronyism character quality and the needs of our [Palpatine]merry little band.[/Palpatine]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 08:24:40 pm »

Excellent! I promise to be a benevolent and just iron-fisted tyrant.

My first act will therefore be to select additional minions based on wanton bribery and sniveling cronyism character quality and the needs of our [Palpatine]merry little band.[/Palpatine]
I always knew letting healers rule would end poorly.

For your guild bonus, I'm thinking of a +15% regen bonus to everybody after each battle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 08:52:58 pm »

For your guild bonus, I'm thinking of a +15% regen bonus to everybody after each battle.
That could be neat, especially if it rounded up.

For additional minions, I'm strongly leaning towards the necromancer and the leprechaun.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 09:32:07 pm »

Looks good. Thanks Nirur.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:20 pm »

IronyOwl, choose a third. I want to drop Darkpaladin from the game, since he still hasn't responded to my complaints about his character sheet after more than 24 hours and was recently not responding in other games he was in.

Darkpaladin, if you're even still reading this thread, you have until IronyOwl posts a third to convince me to keep you in this game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

I feel bad about darkpaladin, but I guess my choice for third would be Nebrar, EagleV's gnomish alchemist.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

Hopefully I'll have the character sheets done by tonight. Then two to three days for art, depending on my mood and how many people draw their own character tiles, before we start.

If you're drawing your own picture, please try to have it done within the next 40 hours or so.

Also, only the dwarven battlesmith, probably the veteran of a civil war, rolled the 20% chance to start at level 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »

Hahahaha YESSS! It's like a thematic crit, only better.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 08:33:21 pm »

Suppose I'd be waitlisted now?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 08:53:07 pm »

Me too i guess
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »

Suppose I'd be waitlisted now?
Me too i guess
There is no waitlist. Make at least a basic character sheet. The guild leader chooses from the pool of applicants when there's room.

Before a battle, you may choose a tactical leader. If unspecified, I'll go with whoever had it last, a random character with a leadership skill, IronyOwl, or a random character, in that order. Currently, only Rolepgeek has one (+1 non-magical damage). Only a character actually in the battle may lead. You'll randomly unlock a leadership skill if you lead enough battles. It'll go faster if you're actually strategizing. You may upgrade the skill the same way, or by upgrading it at level-up. (They are somewhat limited by level, and don't develop very quickly, so don't expect him to make mages able to outfight elite swordsmen anytime soon.)

Some spells will obviously not work on certain targets. I'm not noting that, say, "Bone Fragmentation" does not work on boneless creatures like slimes. If you're uncertain, feel free to ask.

Tier 1 items cost 4 gold. Subsequent tiers multiply by 2 (4, 8, 16, etc). This is the base price, and will have random fluctuations. Consumables (discounting arrows and Scrolls of Return) tend to come in stacks of 5.

Different enemies will behave differently - A tank will have a much easier time baiting mindless undead or animals than a row of elven casters, and you probably won't want to leave your level 1 casters next to that grove of trees if you're fighting bandity sorts.

Spoiler: Guild Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EagleV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarrak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:42:11 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20