Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25216 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15:45 pm »

Vote for Bronzebeard
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 01:23:45 pm »

You rolled great on your weapon, scapheap. (Character sheet is not yet final. I have not thought ahead on balancing.)

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:21:30 pm by Nirur Torir »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 01:29:13 pm »

Starting bonus may be in dire need of adjustment, but I wanted to try something like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:23 pm »

Name: Draskar Lightwing
Race: Faerie (fast but weak)
Class: Wind Walker (controls air and stuff)
Battlefield Advantage: Flight.
Battlefield Disadvantages: Dislikes small places (anywhere where both of his wings are touching a wall at the same time), hates cold iron.

Guild Skill: Scribing (kinda like enchanting, but with runes and scrolls/books/stone tablets).

Starting Bonus: light, preferably magical plate armor, preferably silver.

Picture:

Description: 3' 7", 85 lbs, silver eyes, silver hair, silver and blue wings. Really likes silver, but not to the extent of a leprechaun's desire for gold.

Backstory: (will probably make one later)

Requests: Pet golden eagle/hawk/falcon (listed in order of preference)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:28:02 pm by ShadowHammer »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

more likely to be targetted
Ah, now I see why you said I'll regret a charisma disadvantage.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 03:05:09 pm »

We have a pretty wide selection of people in our team. huh.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »

It good now, Tirur?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 04:04:05 pm »

Vote Nil.

Also,I think by Light Loather, he means his character hates light. As in, can't do well in bright environments.
Oh yes. Right, that's probably it.
That would be correct, though mildly hating things may of course still happen.

Name: Alice Starbight(yes, as in disease)
a) Did you mean Starblight?
b) Sakura? With a familiar? KEEP DAMN WORMS AWAY FROM BOLDBOLD, BOLDBOLD NOT WANT MAKE "SPECIAL FRIENDS" WITH WRIGGLIES!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 04:06:06 pm »

a) Did you mean Starblight?
Derp, yes.

Nirur Torir, could you correct it?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »

Three votes for the healer, one vote for the orc.

It good now, Tirur?
Did you change your disadvantages, or did I just fail to read them multiple times?
"Can't Swim" is out. It would only be a mild disadvantage on a river map, and force the party to recall home or abandon you if I tried to get creative with a water-heavy set.
I wasn't planning to make illusionist foes, but it's not a bad idea at all. I'll allow that

Nirur Torir, could you correct it?
Done.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »

That better?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »

That better?
No. Adding rain to it doesn't help much, sorry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »

I wasn't trying to just add rain. I was trying to make it so if there's a bloody pool of water in the dungeon or a sea-based adventure he would have a disadvantage. Is ANYTHING to do with water out then? >:\
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 04:53:52 pm »

Alright, fine. You can have hydrophobia. I guess it'll be interesting if the tactician is terrified of any bodies of water on the field, and I could have your abilities not work on anyone who's too close to it.

IronyOwl's character. Three others are level 1, and the last is level 3. Who could be the lucky one?

If a spell's range is unstated, assume it can affect anyone the caster can see.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »

Here goes nothing!

Name: Chaun Chauner

Race: Fairy/(Leprechaun). One one hand, fairies have a dizzying amount of natural speed and agility for their size, making them the bane of your average smash-happy ogre. On the other, they're really, really small and have all the durability of a wet paper towel. Better hope the enemy doesn't have Magic Missile.

Class: Spearman, a footsoldier devoted to the use of weapons attached to a stick, including polearms.

Battlefield Advantage: Since he's a leprechaun, he can't fly, but golden objects weight significantly less to him then they would to any other individual, allowing him to carry many times his weight in gold with minimal encumbrance. This includes objects other then coins, such as weapons and other tools.

Battlefield Disadvantages: Other then a weakness to Cold Iron, all leprechauns will find themselves hard pressed to let go of any golden object they have set their sites on. Out of instinct, Chauner will prioritize the gleaning of gold over everything else, and any golden object he gets his grubby hands on are pseudo-cursed; he can still store them in his inventory and such, but requires a willpower roll in order to let go of any golden item he has on him.

Guild Skill: Shoes, and shoe accessories: Did your elven boots +3 get rotted by one of those nasty brown puddings? Accidentally put on a pair of cursed iron shoes? When he's not trying to get more shinies, ole' Chauner is great at dealing with all things concerning footwear, and transform the worst xXcursed rusty corroded steel soles -9 Xx into a pair of serviceable plate boots in no time. He can also upgrade shoes if you're willing to give him more gold in order to work his magic, which he vehemently claims requires gold as part of the runesworks, and has nothing to do with the fact that he is a greedy dwarfling.

Starting Bonus: A decent weapon, and above average starting wealth, as that's all he could really have on him, lacking real armor.

Picture:

Description: Very typical specimen of his kind; shorter, slimmer, and fairer than a dwarf, with red eyes and similarly reddish hair, as well as a beard and stache' to go with the rest of his dark peach face. Wears your average chaunic greenery as well as a disproportionately large backpack, and carries around a three-leaf shamrock because that's what all leprechauns do. His pointy-toed ebony boots are polished to a sheen.

Backstory: Chauner lived most of his life inside a dank, dingy leprechaun hall within a dungeon along with the rest of his brethren. It was here that they spent their time stealing gold from wandering adventurers and hoarding it to satiate their lust for the substance, something which the fey lad was less then adequate at in most respects, though he did well enough that nobody seemed to mind too much. It would appear that they would repeat this routine add-infinitude, but alas, faith had other plans for the pint-sized plunderers.

A marauding spelunker had discovered their halls and struck them while they were sleeping, felling several of Chauner's compatriots within a span of minutes. He fled from the hall, nay, the entire dungeon floor, his heart racing before him as he attempted to comprehend the thoughts that were moving through his head. He did not notice the teleportation trap that he had inadvertently stepped on, which then proceeded to launch him into a dirty, grimy town. With little left to do, the leprechaun ventured out in order to find himself, and eventually settled towards joining the guild in order to put off the sorrows that burden him from his earlier traumatic incident.

Requests: Nothing much, really, though subtly biasing item material generation towards gold somewhat would allow him to better make use of his unique trait. Oh, and perhaps make one of his abilities using his spear as a helicopter rotor for short ranged hovering.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:55:40 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20