Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The 50 floor Tower Of Doom!  (Read 5823 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
The 50 floor Tower Of Doom!
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:31:45 am »

The 50 floor Tower Of Doom!
"Yup, 50 floors straight up and perfectly aligned, to the most precise measures we have and right now we have some pretty Thick-Headed scientists working around the clock of their own want to try to find any imperfection in the tower, I've heard that they're at the atomic level right now.''

''Well, I already know this, I've read the report after all, but judging from its sudden appearance and the atomic perfection thing..."

"Pretty much everyone thinks it's Extraterrestrial, yhea, a structurally perfect skyscraper the size of a modest country shouldn't appear in one night without a single disturbed drop of water to show for it."

"I've been meaning to ask about that part, the tower appeared in uhhh *Shuffle Shuffle* Antarctica, and has been... Terraforming the landscape around it?"

"Specifically, it's created this 'bubble' of some kind, clouds part around the tower, and any land within a mile radius looks like some idyllic landscape, it's sort of like what someone who's dreaming about the perfect picnic would imagine."

''And so far nothing has come out of it *shuffle shuffle* Jesus, this sounds like what that SCP foundation site would make up, but less dark."

The man sat back in his chair, massaging his temples to try to figure it all out, it can't be aliens, it can't be, but if it is...

He sat up straight suddenly, eyes gleaming with the prospect of what could be there, what riches this gigantic monster of a tower could hold, and as he swung around suddenly, back to the commander he said "Bring your best troops, sergeant," He said as he jumped up from his chair and strode to the door, "they can hold the door open for the cannon fodder."

'Ello me good friends I hope you're all having a good time! It's ED here and you probably completely forgot about me after the few months I've been away and I hope my RTD killing gaze has gone away by now, but since I have way way way too much time to kill I've made my own RTD! yay!
Feel free to place bets on how long this game lasts.

THE STORY:
Pretty simple really, it's 2014 at an unspecified date because I can't be bothered and a gigantic and indestructible tower has appeared in Antarctica Exactly 50 Floors high, not that the floors aren't massive of course, the name 'skyscraper' is a understatement here so i can take plentiful liberties with the environments I'll make you encounter here.

THE GAMEPLAY:
Basic RTD stuff, but charisma doesn't exist, instead success of speech rolls is decided purely by your RP reactions, Bias towards proper grammar may exist.
Hark! A character sheet appears!

Name: Self explanatory really

Back-story: while optional,  It's nice for someone to write down who their character is.

Appearance: It's your characters, well, appearance.

characteristics: Just flavour text, mostly, also optional.

Abilities:
I'll say that 5 points in any skill guarantees a 1+, while having 1,2,3 or 4 in a skill means you have a big fat 0, another fat zero,  1/3 and a 2/3 chance respectively and a zero means a fat 1- in any situation that calls for it, while the basic number of points you can have is perhaps 16? I'll see how that goes:

Strength: How much you can lift, not that hard to understand.
Endurance: How durable you are, again, not that tough.
Agility: Dodging, shooting and lock picking take this into account, as well as any acrobatic feats you attempt.
Magic: As well as helping you cast spells this increases how many and how much you can cast before needing a rest.
Perception: Aiming a gun uses this, as well as finding goodies and seeing ambushes, keep in mind that any searching rolls are hidden unless you get a 5.
Intelligence: Surprisingly, this doesn't help you with magic, what it does do is help repairing or reconfiguring things as well as decoding certain... 'things'.
Upon completion of each floor, a certain amount of skill points is given to each player depending on how well each one did which you can use instantly, like einsteinium roulette.

THE COMBAT SYSTEM:
Chunky salsa system, meaning dynamic damage basically.

ZE LOOT SYSTEM:
Nothing special, I'll just make up an item you may or may not find lying around the place, the quality of said item (if it will be there at all) will also be dependent on the roll you get for it.

THE MAGIC SYSTEM:
Here, spells are unlocked through finding tomes about them, but as well as that, you can also find tomes that open up entirely new types of magic. (for example, voodoo magic or blood magic, it all depends on what the roll is, and what I decide to make up.)

Right, I think that's the boring stuff out of the way, but I will say I am only allowing 5 players max at a time just so I don't go insane but feel free to go on the waitlist, if I can bother to update it.
If you die, that character is dead, but feel free to make up a new one or just an extremely similar one if you got attached to the old one, and you will be placed on the bottom of the waitlist to have another go.
Alright! Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 50 floor Tower Of Doom!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 06:32:36 am »

This is reserved, just for wait-lists and some-such.

Characters:
Darkpaladin109:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SmurfingtonTheThird:

TamerVirus:

BlitzDungeoneer:

Harry Baldman:

Wait-list:
NAV:

Beirus:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:11:25 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:36:47 am »

Name: Lerman

Back-story: Mild-mannered sadist of a treasure-hunting archeologist. Heard the words "treasure" and "tower" in the same sentence and charged towards it.

Appearance: Short, stocky, pale skin, golden hair.

characteristics: He's a fairly distanced person, always quiet around people he doesn't know. As you warm up to him though, he gets fairly protective of you. Do the opposite and piss him off, and he'll hurt you. Which will further aggravate him into ripping you into your individual molecules, because he's a sadist.

Abilities:
Strength:3
Endurance: 2
Agility: 3
Magic: 0
Perception: 4
Intelligence: 4
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:44:42 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 06:42:35 am »

Hark, a wild minmaxer appears. :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:47:31 am by darkpaladin109 »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:10 am »

Name: Omar.
Backstory: Tries to masquerade as a mysterious warrior from an non existent Artic Tribe. Is actually a retired mechanic
Appearance: Always wearing a large white parka and thick googles.
Characteristics: Always uses a voice changing device. Secretive.

Strength: 2
Endurance: 5
Agility: 3
Magic: 3
Perception: 1
Intelligence: 2
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 06:58:22 am »

Name: Zack Abrams
Backstory: Zack was, essentially, a creepy child. He loved the occult and the supernatural since he was a small boy, and since then has expanded his horizons onto aliens as well.
Appearance: Wears black robes and a hood. Always carries a book with weird symbols on it.
Characteristics: Creepy. Has a habit of drawing pentagrams in chalk in random places.

Strength: 1
Endurance: 3
Agility: 1
Magic:7
Perception: 1
Intelligence: 3

I demanded you post this in the Rollers Block. Hardly gonna not post now, right?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:31:18 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:29:17 am »

Name: Widdler
Backstory: all was well with Widdler's back, but Widdler had a mild attack, and Widdler had to go and stack a pile of stolen, dirty crack. And his friend Mack, a fan of crack, gave a smack to Widdler's back, and Widdler's back went clack and crack. And Widdler went to Dr. Jack, who was a hack and made him pack, and when he'd packed, gave him a snack, and Widdler snacked and all went black. His mind came back, he screamed for Jack, for Jack had sent him into cack, a crock of cack of deepest, darkest black.
Appearance: With hair and eyes and teeth quite black, face covered with the strangest plaque. Thin yet strong, and always slack, Widdler has a crooked back.
Characteristics: Doesn't actually rhyme all of his sentences, believe it or not. Despite appearances, not actually a drug addict.

Abilities:
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Agility: 5
Magic: 3
Perception: 5
Intelligence: 1

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 07:32:45 am »

Turn 0: The Travel to the Tower!

As the jet speeds along the Antarctic, all five of our 'stalwart' adventurers find themselves in a relatively nice room where at the end of it sits a large TV monitor which displays a video of a fair skinned and quite well built man with grey eyes and wearing a incredibly expensive suit.

"Hello there, 'friends', I'm not going to waste time exchanging pleasantries while this jet speeds towards your destination, and I don't think you need to either so I'll cut to the chase." He looks carefully at all of you, looking you over. "well, I was expecting some oddballs, but I didn't think i would find a so.... varied team in all my life, but nevertheless I will tell you what you need to know."

"The tower has proven indestructible to anything we can throw at it, during the minor panic over it's sudden appearance, we even tried nuclear weapons and the fallout was almost immediately gone and with no damage done to the tower at all but one thing we have found is the door and so far we have sent over 29 teams into the Tower."
He paused for a second then. "None of them have come back so far, but we hope that you... people should be able to get to the top but, in order to do that you need tools."

"luckily to your right you will see a nice selection of tools to help your expedition along."
As soon as he says that everyone becomes aware of a whirring sound, and the source comes from the wall on the left side of the room which is slowly opening to reveal a stockpile of swords, guns, Armour and... books, huh.
"The books you see there are magic books, and no, that isn't a lie because as well as the Terra-forming and the Indestructibility, reality seems to become a little bit, well, odd near the tower, and those books we found at the outside of the tower give some people the ability to cast... spells, strangely, so go ahead and fit yourselves up, we are nearly arriving.

Items Available:
Combat knife: Stabbity Stabbity.
Basic handgun: Bang Bang.
Basic suit: Full body Armour that protects against light attacks and the such
Handgun ammo: 'Bout five clips altogether.
Spell tome: Man, who knows what it holds.

Characters:
Darkpaladin109:

SmurfingtonTheThird:

TamerVirus:

BlitzDungeoneer:

Harry Baldman:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:13:05 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 07:56:05 am »

I changed my sheet slightly. Also, you quoted your own post in the player list.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 08:25:16 am »

Name: Dudley Septimus
Backstory:Born on the streets, a rich family decided to adopt him when he was 7. They trained him to play piano for 22 hours a day, and he became very skilled, eventually moving on to other instruments like the violin and the triangle. Then his house, mansion, family, and money all burned down one day. He has been trying to play dubstep On classical instruments ever since, to no success.
Apperance:Seven feet tall, skeletally thin, with a big beak-like nose and deepset red eyes. He wears a powdered wig and a little curly moustache. He is wearing a suit that is far too short, a cloak, a tophat, two monacles, and high heel shoes.
Characteristics: He loves music, hates fire, and will never ever listen to someone who he views as lower class.

Strength:1
agility: 5
Endurance:1
Magic: 5
perception:3
Intelligence: 1

Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magic:
Perception:
Intelligence:
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 08:28:36 am »

Grab a Two Knives and a Basic Suit. Take a handgun and some clips if there's any left after everyone else get their stuff.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 08:31:40 am »

Take one of each if possible, priority on gun + ammo, then spellbook, then suit if not.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 08:35:23 am »

Take as many spell books as possible, a basic suit and a combat knife.
"Spells, huh? Wonder how they differ from rituals..."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 08:37:24 am »

Also, i'm going to say that there is five of every item there, and also if you don't have any points in magic, you can't cast anything, though i doubt that's a problem.
Alan help.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 08:41:45 am »

Grab knife and magic tome
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear