Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58806 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day Two - Replacements needed!
« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2014, 10:50:29 am »

with THREE MINUTES to go, thus nullifying the ability to counteract your vote.  You were well aware that the game was going to a tie almost an hour before that, yet you chose to wait until the last minute to make your vote.
>_>
I wasn't aware of the time when I had posted due to net shenanigans--It's raining day and night here and the net is slower than molasses. I can't even get any LONG posts (such as Long Live the Queen's DF Update + Save; My RTD update; The RTD Library...) to work because I click post...
And then nothing!

I would like RangerCado and Deathsword in here post haste. I know Tiruin and 4maskwolf have been active, but it would really be lousy if you two were the mafia and we ripped each other to shreds while you lurked. I know there are technical difficulties on your ends or something like this, but I would really rather you gave us a list of reads at least.
As for my reads:
4maskwolf: Slightly scummy due to this
*Does a player count*

Alright, PTDfun.  Nothing personal, but I'd rather stay alive long enough to be useful.  This is basically day one for me.

If anyone finds this offensive, feel free to kill me off by moving the vote from a tie.

his throwaway attitude seems to me like a scum under heavy fire, but last game I played with him he didn't do this kind of thing at all, so I'm confused about him.
His push for an extra day at MYLO isn't all that in his favour in my opinion.  I always thought that one should try to avoid a tie in votes as a tie in votes would just grant the mafia an extra kill in relation to the number of lynches.  It would seem that he was sure that PTDfun wasn't mafia and then despite being active, "missed" the chance to unvote.
Tiruin: I don't like making references to past games, but I will again.  She seemed like mafia to me then, but wasn't.  This is why I wish she and Jack had interrogated each other more.  Now that I know that what Jack said was genuine, I would have had a better picture of Tiruin.  She jumped in to avoid a tie, I suppose that could have been intended to kill a townie, but since I though PTDfun was acting like mafia, it was justified. 
Other two: Please just give me something to work with. I miss you  :-[.
I think that probably there is one mafia between the two active players and one between the two inactive ones.
I can't imagine this morning behaviour between tiruin and 4mask if they are both scum, and I also can't imagine that two "lurkers" have hoodwinked us for so long.

I'm going to ask MOWE if I can LARD  Unvote as just a way to extend the day a bit and give us a bit more time.
LARD, Cado and Deathsword are GONE.  They have requested replacement: we can't rely on them to play at all.  It's down to the three of us.  They aren't lurking: they are no longer in the game.

You only think it was justified because you thought PTDfun was mafia.  Would you have the same reaction if I had been last minute lynched?  Because it could have gone either way.  Tiruin lynched the less suspicious (in the eyes of the majority of active players) player, then killed off one of the players who was not highly suspected, leaving the game with really herself, a guy who was suspicious due to the actions of his predecessor, and a somewhat inexperienced player, the idea likely being that it is easier to hide scummy actions from someone who is new than a veteran like Jack.  Because Jack would have called her on the last minute vote just the same as I did.
Not really--they are technically still playing if and until MOWE finds a considerable replacement.

Now I query your less suspicious person in the eyes of the majority--what makes you say that when you conclude before asking me anything (yeah PTD, sorry for not getting your post back there, only saw it lately). The second orange area leaves a large case of paranoia and oversimplification of your role--you just by generalizing experience. You attempt to bring up the motive of the kill, and pin me on it. You state all these without giving any sort of backing other than empirical data which you judged and concluded with your own eye.

Tell me, you judge me so hard on that 'last minute vote'. Explain why I would do such if I would be caught in the tomorrow? I find it impractical do so such an error (and indignified to pull that 'LAST MINUTE VOTE HAHA' scum card you tote) in that case, given the state of the situation at hand.

Next point. Why did you want an extra day, even? heading into the tie? What made you so sure to tie it instead of go into the lynch to eliminate probable suspects? Given your detail in recent posts, you are very much "certain" in your tone and judge because he's town--how did you see PTD before the lynch?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2014, 11:42:09 am »

LARD, Cado and Deathsword are GONE.  They have requested replacement: we can't rely on them to play at all.  It's down to the three of us.  They aren't lurking: they are no longer in the game.

You only think it was justified because you thought PTDfun was mafia.  Would you have the same reaction if I had been last minute lynched?  Because it could have gone either way.  Tiruin lynched the less suspicious (in the eyes of the majority of active players) player, then killed off one of the players who was not highly suspected, leaving the game with really herself, a guy who was suspicious due to the actions of his predecessor, and a somewhat inexperienced player, the idea likely being that it is easier to hide scummy actions from someone who is new than a veteran like Jack.  Because Jack would have called her on the last minute vote just the same as I did.
Not really--they are technically still playing if and until MOWE finds a considerable replacement.

Now I query your less suspicious person in the eyes of the majority--what makes you say that when you conclude before asking me anything (yeah PTD, sorry for not getting your post back there, only saw it lately). The second orange area leaves a large case of paranoia and oversimplification of your role--you just by generalizing experience. You attempt to bring up the motive of the kill, and pin me on it. You state all these without giving any sort of backing other than empirical data which you judged and concluded with your own eye.

[1]Tell me, you judge me so hard on that 'last minute vote'. Explain why I would do such if I would be caught in the tomorrow? I find it impractical do so such an error (and indignified to pull that 'LAST MINUTE VOTE HAHA' scum card you tote) in that case, given the state of the situation at hand.

Next point. [2]Why did you want an extra day, even? heading into the tie? What made you so sure to tie it instead of go into the lynch to eliminate probable suspects? Given your detail in recent posts, you are very much "certain" in your tone and judge because he's town--[3]how did you see PTD before the lynch?
[1] You would do it because you are clever and good at playing mafia.  I just realized something else, too: guess who died in the past day?  That's right, both the players who were voting for me.  Because you are confident you can pin the blame for your actions on me, so you took a chance.  A chance that you still hope will pay off.

[2] I wanted the extra day because if I didn't, I would be lynched before being able to get a full read of the players in this game. Thus, I placed the tieing vote in order to give myself that time.

[3] Before I even placed the vote on him, I said that I saw him as town right here.  Nothing he did struck me as scummy, and he was active and playing well, so I read him as town.

I wasn't aware of the time when I had posted due to net shenanigans--It's raining day and night here and the net is slower than molasses. I can't even get any LONG posts (such as Long Live the Queen's DF Update + Save; My RTD update; The RTD Library...) to work because I click post...
And then nothing!
If you can email the LLtQ update to me, I can post it in your stead, since you are having difficulty.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 15, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

[1] You would do it because you are clever and good at playing mafia.  I just realized something else, too: guess who died in the past day?  That's right, both the players who were voting for me.  Because you are confident you can pin the blame for your actions on me, so you took a chance.  A chance that you still hope will pay off.
*opens mouth to speak*
What did I say about paranoia :I
If I was taking that chance, I'd be attacking you head on since the start. I'm just confused how you're focused on me due to that one part there, and by that I mean all your theories popping up especially at a crucial point in time such as LYLO [thanks MOWE...it wasn't LYLO when you didn't edit it ._.].

[2] I wanted the extra day because if I didn't, I would be lynched before being able to get a full read of the players in this game. Thus, I placed the tieing vote in order to give myself that time.
IC advice on: Speaking it like this (and like as said the previous day) would give a hunch that you're a power role because +1 day.
Let me be frank. Are you the cop? It would do best to roleclaim during these times.

[3] Before I even placed the vote on him, I said that I saw him as town right here.  Nothing he did struck me as scummy, and he was active and playing well, so I read him as town.
...I didn't even see that. Blehh new pages. >_>
Unvote. Reasonable note there: cycle back to #2 query due to importance.

Why would you tie a vote based on your read of a person instead of putting the notice towards the majorty? How did you view everyone, then?

If you can email the LLtQ update to me, I can post it in your stead, since you are having difficulty.
When I said I'm seriously getting arghghghnet, I seriously mean I'm getting arhghg net. Yahoo mail can't even :I

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »

*opens mouth to speak*
What did I say about paranoia :I
If I was taking that chance, I'd be attacking you head on since the start. I'm just confused how you're focused on me due to that one part there, and by that I mean all your theories popping up especially at a crucial point in time such as LYLO [thanks MOWE...it wasn't LYLO when you didn't edit it ._.].
My theories popped up at LYLO because I replaced in the day before LYLO, so I didn't have a chance to formulate theories before now.  For me to formulate theories, I have to actually be present when things are happening.

IC advice on: Speaking it like this (and like as said the previous day) would give a hunch that you're a power role because +1 day.
Let me be frank. Are you the cop? It would do best to roleclaim during these times.
As much as I would like to be, I am not the cop.  As a point of fact, I think our power role (singular) is replacing out right now.

...I didn't even see that. Blehh new pages. >_>
Unvote. Reasonable note there: cycle back to #2 query due to importance.

Why would you tie a vote based on your read of a person instead of putting the notice towards the majorty? How did you view everyone, then?
Erm...
the majority wanted to lynch me.
And there wasn't much time left in the game, so I doubted they would get on.
I also didn't tie it based on my read, I tied it because I had no other choice to vote him as opposed to anyone I thought was scum.  And at the time I didn't have a good read on anyone.
My reads on everyone:
Scummiest
Tiruin
LARD
4maskwolf
Least Scummy

With the other two not being on the list because argleblargle replacements.

Also, unvote?  That threw me for a loop a little, time to reconsider.

When I said I'm seriously getting arghghghnet, I seriously mean I'm getting arhghg net. Yahoo mail can't even :I
Ouch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:21 pm »

Also, unvote?  That threw me for a loop a little, time to reconsider.
O_o [The BM no timer rule works given that I just unvoted by the way]
IC Note: It's best to keep your vote if you're unsure--unless you've a good reason to unvote :P -- keeping a vote on someone is more like a tangible opinion of them (as well as unvoting) due to the...err, weight a vote has in regard to the lynch--Town's #1 weapon, in other words.

Player note: I unvoted you because...it doesn't make sense that you're scum now that I (yay loading pages) reread. Obviously not spoken in exacts but you get my point. .__.

...But really? You attempted a tie just to get another day in?
I'm a bit exasperated(?) [err, surprised to a lesser degree?] on that point given that your reads are quite acute, and there is merit in seeing a MYLO instead of a LYLO situation.
Mmm. It was a good point in hindsight. Though this is taken from me trying a PoV parallel to yours..yeah, good point.

PFP checking back later trying to up the net. Or sleep. ._.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:34 pm »

Urk...

Erm...

Okay.  This is how I'm going to do this.

Tiruin

Request Replacement

Because surgery tomorrow and urk.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2014, 01:23:27 am »

Hi, everyone.  I may be dead, but not even death itself can stop an IC!  I can give advice when dead.

For instance, never, ever, ever do whatever that was that happened at the end of the last day.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2014, 09:05:13 am »

Who are you talking to, 4mask or Tiruin? It seems that their actions were opposites.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 16, 2014, 02:17:33 pm »

Votecount:
  • LARD:
  • 4maskwolf:
  • Deathsword:
  • RangerCado:
  • Tiruin: 4maskwolf (1)

Not Voting: LARD, Deathsword, RangerCado, Tiruin

RangerCado and Deathsword have requested replacement!

The game has entered LYLO! The day will end when the majority vote to end the day or votes don't change for 24 hours!

Game ends in ~7 hours unless someone changes their vote.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2014, 04:45:20 pm »

wait, wait everyone, I can't have this happening. To be honest, I'm not really happy with how the game is shaping up. I don't really think Tiruin is scum and I'm leaning toward 4mask.  I hope this is okay, I only want to prevent a stupid mistake.  Tiruin, do you still want to play or has this game died out?
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wait, wait everyone, I can't have this happening. To be honest, I'm not really happy with how the game is shaping up. I don't really think Tiruin is scum and I'm leaning toward 4mask.  I hope this is okay, I only want to prevent a stupid mistake.  Tiruin, do you still want to play or has this game died out?
I fail as an IC and as my role dictates.

Though 3/5 players are stepping out.

Words can't explain my feelings at this.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fail as an IC and as my role dictates.

Though 3/5 players are stepping out.

Words can't explain my feelings at this.
You don't fail.

Also, LARD, state your case against me.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh good, you're back. How was surgery?

My vote was just to tie it up and keep the day from ending so soon. As MOWE said that the day would end if votes didn't change for 24 hrs the day would end. Since we only have three active players and I have to consider the possibility that both you and Tiruin are mafia,(in which case I am royally screwed and my only hope is to delay until replacements arrive which probably won't happen for a while) I decided to even the vote and so at least whoever the night roles are would have a chance to act. Unvote to give us more time.

I do however have a case against you. You push for Mylo instead of Lylo at a time when it is only beneficial to you. In this case the scum get two kills in place of a lynch and a nightkill. The lynch is the town's greatest weapon and also, it gives the scum an extra chance to kill a power role if there is one. Now, if a power role were about to be lynched, they would claim and therefore give a ton of information.  If your plan fell through, the mafia would get an extra kill and hopefully, from your perspective, hit the power role or one of them.
So looking at that from this perspective, I have decided that you are most likely a scum, 4maskwolf but I unvote and vote to give us more time.  You state your case on Tiruin.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have stated my case against Tiruin repeatedly. However, I'm straddling to become more suspicious of you, what with your weak case against me. Let's assume for a minute that despite your belief, I am town. Now, let's extend this assumption.

At the end of yesterday, I was fairly certain I knew who was going to be nk'd, regardless of who the scum actually was. Assuming Jack A T wasn't scum, he was the IC who was the most active, indeed possibly the player who was most active. If he was scum, then the nk would likely have been directed against Tiruin.

So, let's just say I rolled over and got lynched without tying up the vote. Now, I knew you were suspicious of PTDfun, so after I died, along with Jack (I suspected Jack was town, but I wasn't as sure as about PTDfun), you would move to lynch PTD, my primary town suspect. As such,  I moved for a no-lynch to avoid this scenario. Tiruin broke the tie, and the one person I thought was town got killed.

Now, I know at least one of you two is scum. Initially I thought it was Tiru, but I'm starting to suspect you are playing the game more shrewdly than I thought. However, I don't have a firm case against you right now.

So tell me, why do you not believe Tiruin is scum?

Also, on the off chance both of you are scum, you should just both vote me rather than continuing the charade. The other two won't interfere, they're not playing anymore.

Oh, and surgery was bothersome.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and unvote, you didn't actually change the vote count with your vote-unvote LARD.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26