Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58882 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

I'l be going to bed soon and I'l have to go to my Uncle and Aunt's house for pretty much the whole day tommorow, so I guess I should make at least a single post before I go.

darkpaladin109: Well, that was certainly a very useful post.  Were you left with any thoughts about anyone after your reread?  Anything you wanted more information on?  Anything at all?

The sarcasm. It is strong.
But eh, I don't have any reads yet, since I suppose it is a bit early, though that's not a good excuse for my lack of reads. Like everyone else, tn451 seems suspicious, but I am not quite sure if he's Scum or not.

Reads, I guess?
Tiruin: Hasn't posted very much for justified reasons, so null.

JackAT: Posts a lot, helpful and doing his job and so on. Leans towards town.

Scripten: Null, especially since he's going to be replaced.

Kansa: First time player, as far as I know, and null so far. Slightly town for at least trying?

tn451: While his behavior is scummy so far, it's not a guarantee that he is scum.

borno: Null, I guess. He is actively attacking tn451, but no guarentees that he's either town or scum.

Fniff: Null. Not much else to say on him.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »

@Kansa: But you'll notice I'm on everyones 'suspicious' list.

@RangerCado: Except I didn't have problems playing as scum.

@Everyone: If I were scum, why would I draw your attention and paint a target on myself?

@darkpaladin109: It's nice of you to finally participate.  What kept you?
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2014, 08:56:09 pm »

RangerCado:
borno: Can you give your list of points against tn5421? Why aren't you questioning others? Do you have anyone else on your radar?
Sure thing.
My case in summary:
  • Says Jack A T giving advice would be scummy if he weren't IC for a nonsensical reason
  • Then votes me for asking a hypothetical situation
  • Gets very angry when questioned about it
  • Refuses to defend self when further questioned
  • Insists that I am scum yet makes no good case against me
  • Is generally needlessly aggressive to everyone
And what do you mean I haven't been questioning others? I certainly have asked at least a few. Sure, not as much as I ask tn5421, but that's because he's my main target right now.
Others on my radar include darkpaladin for being rather lurky, and if tn5421 flips scum then you, as he seems to be buddying you pretty hard.
tn5421:
@Everyone: If I were scum, why would I draw your attention and paint a target on myself?
That's a terrible argument. No scum wants to draw others' attention too much; yet by dropping scumtells they inevitably end up being in the limelight.

I think I may reread the thread later today, but I've got quite the headache right now.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2014, 09:05:24 pm »

tn5421: Too keep suspicion away from your scum buddy, cause WIFOM. Really just to insue chaos.

borno:
...How is he buddying me exactly? At all? And points 1, 2, 4, and 6 can all be somewhat explained by miscommunication and previous frustration. Yes, he's been aggresive and angry, but at this point, the only thing thats really against him beside 3 and 5 is his lack of actual hunting. I see someone who is confused at whats going on more than a scum.

And no, you haven't. In the last 2 pages approximately, you have only been attacking tn5421. Thats no questioning others. Who would you suspect if tn5421 ends up being town?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

@RangerCado: The defender is always wrong, and the attacker is always right in the eyes of public opinion.
tn5421: The public clearly doesn't play enough Mafia, then.  Kansa and RangerCado have points here.  Don't let your attacker(s) control the narrative about you.
@Kansa: But you'll notice I'm on everyones 'suspicious' list.
...did you miss the whole thing where I unvoted you and later said I had a null read on you?  Also, you haven't been a defender in this situation.  You've actively been a non-defender.
If I were scum, why would I ever do anything that makes people want to lynch me?  The attack on borno can only be called painting a target on yourself in hindsight.  The refusal to defend yourself was a poor idea whether town or scum, and you've been clearly running on rage (a state where people have poor ideas, among other things).

Kansa: Alright, you have reads.  How do you intend to improve them?  (I strongly recommend asking a few questions)
darkpaladin109: See my question to Kansa.  Also, why nothing about RangerCado?

(to darkpaladin109) Did kansa just drop a scumtell?
borno: (parenthetical added by me) Looking back, this question interests me.  Do you think Kansa dropped a scumtell?  Why point darkpaladin109 so specifically towards Kansa (and yes, I know you pointed him at the you/tn5421 feud as well)?

RangerCado: You recently stated that you thought tn5421 was town.  Soon afterwards, you stated that you were leaning towards tn5421 being scum.  What triggered the quick change in opinion?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2014, 10:10:09 pm »

Also, Fniff: Are you still here?  Any thoughts on current in-game events?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2014, 11:02:50 pm »

Jack: If you read the reasons in the slight scum lean, I state my thought process. I think he's town, I want to believe it, but going off evidence he leans scum very slightly. Its confusing for me, but I think I can figure out my stance soon.

Also, EXTEND. We kinda need it if we want the lurkers and RL busies to come in and help.
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2014, 11:08:12 pm »

Extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2014, 04:21:05 am »

Jack A T:
(to darkpaladin109) Did kansa just drop a scumtell?
borno: (parenthetical added by me) Looking back, this question interests me.  Do you think Kansa dropped a scumtell?  Why point darkpaladin109 so specifically towards Kansa (and yes, I know you pointed him at the you/tn5421 feud as well)?
Honestly, I just chose a random player to try and give him ideas. Nothing against Kansa, I was just trying to motivate darkpaladin109.
RangerCado:
borno: ...How is he buddying me exactly? At all? And points 1, 2, 4, and 6 can all be somewhat explained by miscommunication and previous frustration. Yes, he's been aggresive and angry, but at this point, the only thing thats really against him beside 3 and 5 is his lack of actual hunting. I see someone who is confused at whats going on more than a scum.

And no, you haven't. In the last 2 pages approximately, you have only been attacking tn5421. Thats no questioning others. Who would you suspect if tn5421 ends up being town?
Well, earlier he mentioned that he would like to have you as a scum buddy and then later said that
-snip-
as the people that are voting me are doing so for mainly nonsensical reasons.  Except for RangerCado, I think.
when what you said was something I had already stated myself. Granted, the first one doesn't really count, but the second still holds strong.
Secondly, as I stated earlier, I'm keeping my vote on him until he defends himself. It's incredibly frustrating to have someone to just flat out refuse, and it throws the game for whatever team he's on.
And finally, technically speaking I did ask a question to darkpaladin109 earlier, but looking back it appears that that was the only one. I guess I haven't really found anything else too scummy, and so I haven't been questioning others.

Extend.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2014, 11:16:38 am »

borno: For the tn5421 situation, probably because I wasn't using his anger and frustration as evidence. And thats not buddying to me. To me, thats more stating he thought I had the only somewhat valid case on him.

And not seeing a scummy person is NO reason to not be questioning and hunting people. So yes, my point is valid. So whats your next reason for not questioning others borno?
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2014, 01:00:16 pm »

borno: I'm going to take a different approach to the issue of alleged buddying.  Why is tn5421 allegedly buddying RangerCado effecting your read of Cado so much?  How exactly does someone you think is scum trying to buddy an attacker make the attacker in question scummier?

I guess I haven't really found anything else too scummy, and so I haven't been questioning others.
Try also looking for things that are vague, or things that interest you.  Find things you want more information on and ask about them.  Even actions that are not immediately scummy can lead to the revelation of rather interesting/scummy things when you question people about them.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2014, 01:10:08 pm »

Extend

You know the several times transitioning from a whole educational system to a new one and the constant hassle on enrollment and changing stuffs along with RL environmental fun like bad and slow net ++ exhaustion happens that makes it look like you're too busy to post and making excuses but really aren't because of all the hilarity and coincidences of this all happenining in this current timespan feels?

It's not good x_x
Sorry for absence. Will post. In a day.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »

Power Pole, Extend!
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »

RangerCado:
borno: For the tn5421 situation, probably because I wasn't using his anger and frustration as evidence. And thats not buddying to me. To me, thats more stating he thought I had the only somewhat valid case on him.

And not seeing a scummy person is NO reason to not be questioning and hunting people. So yes, my point is valid. So whats your next reason for not questioning others borno?
Uh, yes you did.
-cut irrelevant bits-
You go right ahead and lynch me day one, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
...REALLY!? Town shouldn't try to hard to keep themselves, but this is just... WHY!? Vote tn5421.
Your only point against him is something he said... While very angry and frustrated at Jack A T's vote. Also, I believe that it is buddying or perhaps defending?
While I'm attacking someone, I usually focus my attention on them and ask questions to others when I see something scummy. So, that's my reason for not questioning anyone while I was attacking tn5421. I guess that now that I've stopped attacking him, I'll ask questions to others.

Once again, will post more after school.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - One Spot Left!!
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Votecount:
  • darkpaladin109: Jack A T (1)
  • borno: tn5421, RangerCado (2)
  • Fniff:
  • Scripten:
  • tn5421: borno (1)
  • RangerCado:
  • Kansa:
  • Jack A T:
  • Tiruin:

Not voting: Tiruin, Kansa, Scripten, darkpaladin109

Votes to Extend: [0/3]
Votes to Shorten: [0/5]

Day has been extended and ends Wednesday at 7 pm EST
There are no more extends available for today!

Scripten is up for replacement.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26