Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Miasmatic. (Plot!)  (Read 24049 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 08:16:19 pm »

Get the book, metal, and rock then put the metal and rock in our pocket then read the book.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »

Get the book, metal, and rock then put the metal and rock in our pocket then read the book.

Prophet :3

I have't seen ya in the forums buddy!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 08:21:07 pm »

Prophet :3

I have't seen ya in the forums buddy!

Hi 3man I've been on the Roll to Dodge forum a lot lately so that's why you haven't seen me. Its good to see you.  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:35:19 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 09:29:22 pm »

Explore EVERY NOOK N CRANNY GIRL...Think about what your past was like, If possible of course.
Sup people, I'm new here too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:31:13 pm by ZalkozDestbro »
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic. (Plot!)
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »

You consider setting the torch on fire again. You don't see how this would work, it is mounted in the torch rack next to the door.

You walk over to the door so you can get some better lighting to read the book with. You sit down and open the book to a random page.

..You can't understand Any of this. It's all scribbles to you! You flip through pages randomly. Something catches your eye just as you flip to another page. You go back several pages and find what it was that caught your eye...
You can't find it.. Maybe you should look through it later?

You then decide to search the room for anything else...
You find a note inside the coffin. You can actually understand what it says.

If you are reading this and I am not present, something has gone horribly horribly wrong. If I am alive, I may not be for much longer and if I am dead then I am dead. You are the failsafe. I have no idea what race you are, all I know is that I found your corpse frozen in crystalized Mana all those years ago. If you have been reanimated without me, one or several of the failsafe spells activated to ensure all was not lost. There may have been a delay and there may not have. It could be thousands of years from when I am writing this and it could be minutes, I do not know and likely will never know. The book I left you with details a rather advanced series of spells from a specific school of magic called Necromancy. I decided that school would give you the greatest chance at returning magic to the world. Do not expect to be able to read it instantly, the book was written in truescript and will become clearer and easier to understand the longer you interact with magic.

Your mind has been seeded with the roots of knowledge, take care of that which sprouts from it, you won't have access to anything beyond basic things early on, the more you experience the more you will remember.

Beware the Usurping Gods, their priests will kill you if they find out you are Mageborn. Throw off their shackles and bring the gift that nature gave us back to the world.

Be careful, there may be constructs still active in the catacombs, and even if I am still alive, they will have instructions to terminate intruders, don't die, knowledge must be preserved.

I know not what you are or who you will become. Treat this second life you have been given well. The Knowledge Must Be Preserved. Guard it well. You are the last failsafe. You are the last hope of the Scholars. You Must Survive.

~Zivak Nelvun. The Last Scholar of Magic.

The note unsettles you, you feel like there was much more to it then just words.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:49:17 pm by Kevak »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 10:51:58 pm »

Put the book in our inventory. Open the door then pick up torch. Explore.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »

Put the book in our inventory. Open the door then pick up torch. Explore.

+1

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 08:03:00 am »

Remember our name, or, at the very least, name ourself.
I went there.
Take a closer look at this text!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 12:02:30 pm »

Abscond with utmost stealth!

Silently curse the bastard for not also leaving a map of the catacombs beyond.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 01:00:43 pm »

You slide the book into the big pocket in your robe and grab the torch. Before unbar the door you stop suddenly, you don't remember your name... Did you even have one in the first place? Do you even want a name? If so, what should it be? You sit down against the wall and ponder this question.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »

You must at least have a name to give to people who ask, I guess. Call yourself "Amy" for now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 01:23:54 pm »

We are Dave.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »

We are Dave.
((.. You're female.))

You must at least have a name to give to people who ask, I guess. Call yourself "Amy" for now.
((I'm thinking something a tad more exotic, this works though if nobody has something better.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 01:34:49 pm »

Rala Cavaras?

Ophelia Santana?

Abethae Hamaura?

Lixyta Ratauk?

Venisa Sovil?

Some sort of mix of these?