Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22519 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2014, 01:50:33 am »

K, done, I believe.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2014, 02:00:19 am »

Ok, here are the threads for the respective teams:

Solgeid
and
Paralun
I hope I need not say that looking at the other team's thread is cheating and is not acceptable. It won't even really help you, because you are not going to be going through the same dungeon. Post your actions in your own thread, and good luck! Both teams may post in this thread.

Those of you who missed out on joining this, I recommend you take your characters and remake them for Foot Soldiers. There's empty slots and a waitlist there.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:31 am »

Also, kj1225, you haven't fixed your sheet. Your EXP TNL should be 160.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

ALSO: I've updated the PDF (at the same link) to include something I'd meant to get in before I started this: weapon and armor durability. The relevant changes are on pages 119-122. You'll need to update your sheets with the new Weapons/Armor tab. Let me know if you need help doing it. The main thing spurring this change is that I wanted to make armor more reliable, so I changed it to a flat DR rather than a roll. However, this made it possible to have armor good enough that you simply couldn't be touched by lesser weapons. So now it's possible for your armor to be broken, allowing weaker weapons to damage you, but it's still better for armor-wearers than it was before. Also, equipment will gradually degrade over time even when repaired, so eventually you'll need to replace them. I gave them fairly generous HP pools, however.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2014, 01:55:33 pm »

So when an item is reduced to the quality below's HP does it degrade, or only when it is repaired?
So does the cycle go:
Average-Broken-Poor-Broken-Shoddy
or
Average-Poor-Shoddy-Broken-Poor-Shoddy-Broken-Shoddy

I'd assume the former from how it's written, but felt it's best to check.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »

So when an item is reduced to the quality below's HP does it degrade, or only when it is repaired?
So does the cycle go:
Average-Broken-Poor-Broken-Shoddy
or
Average-Poor-Shoddy-Broken-Poor-Shoddy-Broken-Shoddy

I'd assume the former from how it's written, but felt it's best to check.
The former. It's technically degraded while broken, but only relevant when you repair it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »

By the way: Unfortunately, I didn't start this as fast as I wanted to, and I've sent my laptop off to get a checkup. The one I'm using in the meantime is quite terrible and has a tendency to overheat. On top of that, I'm thinking (hoping) that I saved the map files on it instead of my flash drive, which means like half the dungeon work I've done is unavailable. I still have plenty, but frankly working on this thing is just unpleasant and slow and I'd rather wait until it comes back and I can verify that my work hasn't been lost. So I'm going to put this on hiatus until next week, whenever it comes back, and I have a good workspace again. Sorry for the inconvenience, this hurts me more than it hurts you, etc.

Also, kj, fix your EXP TNL.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:15 pm »

Done, sorry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:38 pm »

Tis fine, take as long as you need.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - Short Hiatus (OOC)
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2014, 01:19:56 am »

If you weren't all probably going to die excruciatingly horrible deaths, I might be quite upset at how little you're taking this seriously on Team Paralun. Just keep in mind that while I don't believe in abusing GM privileges, I have to decide which characters enemies will attack, and I have no qualms about being selective on who I aim for.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2014, 01:23:43 am »

Hey! We are doing character building and I am attempting to disarm a possible trap.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2014, 01:57:06 am »

If you weren't all probably going to die excruciatingly horrible deaths, I might be quite upset at how little you're taking this seriously on Team Paralun. Just keep in mind that while I don't believe in abusing GM privileges, I have to decide which characters enemies will attack, and I have no qualms about being selective on who I aim for.
Sorry for making bad jokes? You're talking about the RP (if you could call it that), right?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2014, 02:01:32 am »

Rping is half the fun of this kind of game. You've already banned shipping from it for no particular good reason (specially cause it's part of what makes this kind of game fun.), but are you actually anti rp in general? Cause if you are, I'm gonna have to drop out, I don't like controlling emotionless, mindless fleshbags.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2014, 02:20:25 am »

Rping is half the fun of this kind of game. You've already banned shipping from it for no particular good reason (specially cause it's part of what makes this kind of game fun.), but are you actually anti rp in general? Cause if you are, I'm gonna have to drop out, I don't like controlling emotionless, mindless fleshbags.
No one is against RP, and who cares about shipping anyways.

We were joking around when this is supposed to be a very serious game. At least that's what I think is the problem.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2014, 02:23:07 am »

Well seeing as how updates come slowly, I don't see why Rping would hurt the game.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22