Sweden
- 0 (0%)
Switzerland
- 0 (0%)
United Kingdom
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Eurovision 2019 netherland is coldplay  (Read 31341 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision 2016: Glory glory UKRAINE! Aussies and Ruskies vanquished!
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2016, 02:38:08 am »

lol @ Germany at the very last place

no one likes Germans singing it seems

also lol @ Russia being at the third place (and very close to the first two) despite being de-facto in Cold War situation with the better part of Europe + having invaded & occupied 2 countries within like three years

seems like Europeans still on some level like them some good display of brute force

filthy barbarians
._.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:35 am »

Nah, Europe likes Russia, it's just being very tsundere about it it seems.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2016, 04:01:56 am »

As long as Neuromonakh Feofan is not representing Russia, I will not support our contestant, ever.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2016, 05:16:59 am »

My two favorites was Poland and Austria this year. Both were shunned by the juries but among the top receivers of the popular vote.

I am the generic man.
Love, scriver~

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2016, 05:45:57 am »

also lol @ Russia being at the third place (and very close to the first two) despite being de-facto in Cold War situation with the better part of Europe + having invaded & occupied 2 countries within like three years

seems like Europeans still on some level like them some good display of brute force

filthy barbarians

Perhaps people just voted for the song, disregarding politics(when it came to Russia's song). For once.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2016, 08:12:36 am »

Or Europeans and European leadership do not match up when it comes to Russia

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2016, 08:33:18 am »

filthy barbarians

Perhaps people just voted for the song, disregarding politics(when it came to Russia's song). For once.
I don't think that's how it works. There is a rather large history of previous Eurovision winners being largely defined not by their songs, but by the "message" that making them the winner sends to the "world".
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2016, 09:40:35 am »

There's two things at work:

• Voting blocks along cultural ties (for example, the UK will almost always give Ireland 12 points and Ireland give UK 8 points), the Balkanites and Austria are pretty close nit, the Nordic countries buff each other up with 12s all the time so Swedan and Norway get mad 12 points)
  • The judges will vote you for "brave" messages their 12 points, if you maximize diversity points prepare to get enriched with the points

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:10 am »

There's two things at work:

• Voting blocks along cultural ties (for example, the UK will almost always give Ireland 12 points and Ireland give UK 8 points), the Balkanites and Austria are pretty close nit, the Nordic countries buff each other up with 12s all the time so Swedan and Norway get mad 12 points)
  • The judges will vote you for "brave" messages their 12 points, if you maximize diversity points prepare to get enriched with the points
Yeah, Azerbaijan and Belarus (those Russian satellites) gave Russia maximum 24 points, though Azerbaijan also gave Ukraine lots of points as well.

You need to join State by State. This way you will have more votes for winning.

That makes as much sense as Ukraine joining in Province by Province.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2016, 11:41:36 am »

filthy barbarians

I don't think that's how it works. There is a rather large history of previous Eurovision winners being largely defined not by their songs, but by the "message" that making them the winner sends to the "world".

That logic.

Ukraine gave Russia's song full points because they just LOVE being invaded, right?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2016, 11:58:19 am »

Ukraine gave 12 points to Russia because we have enough politically obsessed pro-Russian who are happy to spend some money to vote twenty times from each sim card they have. :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2016, 12:19:30 pm »

Ukraine gave 12 points to Russia because we have enough politically obsessed pro-Russian who are happy to spend some money to vote twenty times from each sim card they have. :)

Maybe - is the patriotic part of the nation, which should be 2/3 of it at least, that much poorer?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »

There are no direct Anti-Russia vote in this system.

If there was a parallel vote for the "Worst Eurovision song" than Russia would get the 1st place there no matter what kind of song they have.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2016, 01:05:24 pm »

filthy barbarians

That logic.

Ukraine gave Russia's song full points because they just LOVE being invaded, right?
Ukraine gave Russia's song full points, because the whole Eastern/Southern half of Ukraine is pro-Russian and thus evidently has voted for Russia, while the Western half of Ukraine had its vote defocused and spread over many countries, because they don't really have a preference for any given country in Europe.

Western Ukraine really needs to settle down and choose what kind of central European country they like better, i.e. UK, France, or Germany, and imitate/adore them and only them, instead of the current vague "European" orientation. Maybe then they would've been able to give 12 points to not-Russia.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2016, 02:28:27 pm »

Pls giv ur 12 points to us
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21