Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15371 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2014, 05:52:41 am »

I love how Cap just got switched on at the end there and KICKED THE DOOR FROM IT'S FRAME. Awesome!

Get on the ground floor and baton anybody who gets in our way. Phone a hack or take Donal's car if he has one/effect the most efficient transition from here to the general so we can get activated and get a lowdown on the current state of affairs.

blazing glory

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2014, 07:42:21 am »

I love how Cap just got switched on at the end there and KICKED THE DOOR FROM IT'S FRAME. Awesome!

Get on the ground floor and baton anybody who gets in our way. Phone a hack or take Donal's car if he has one/effect the most efficient transition from here to the general so we can get activated and get a lowdown on the current state of affairs.

1+

Check out a news console on the way to find out in what way are the reporters twisting the truth to ruin the whole story.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2014, 09:14:37 am »

1+

Check out a news console on the way to find out in what way are the reporters twisting the truth to ruin the whole story.
+1

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game) Hey! Everyone! RIOT!!!
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2014, 03:14:19 am »

Donal keeps nervously flicking his eyes side to side, the elevator music is oddly helping you keep keyed up, and the net-window you pulled up on the wall is blaring typical human idiocy.  According to the media, General Kira Alfe is stepping down as commander of Mars Colonial Guard, and may be tried for assorted undisclosed charges.  They've done a beautiful job of whipping up public opinion against her, but they've made a crucial error in judgement, the news has also done an amazing job of hyping you into the greatest hero humanity has ever seen.  You reach the thirty-fourth floor and the door opens, standing outside is Admiral Kruschev, he nods to you and steps into the car.
"I see you're feeling better Captain, how is the walk going?"
Not batting an eye, you respond, "Going very nicely sir, some gentlemen objected, but after I explained myself, they fell all over themselves to get out of my way."
Kruschev rubs his short iron-gray beard, "I'll see what I can do to keep things going smoothly, I understand that General Alfe is in a press conference on the fourteenth floor, if you find yourself headed in that direction, say hello to her for me, would you?"  The elevator reaches the twentieth floor, and the admiral steps out.
You swear the old man just flashed you a smile as the doors closed, thinking rapidly, you decide that any attempt at being unobtrusive will likely backfire here, best to storm in and lay down the law.
"Captain, do you really think this is a good idea?"  Donal is obviously a bit scared by your behavior.  "I don't want the General to quit, and I wish the news would just drop it, but we can't do this... Can we?"
A thin smile touches your lips, "Oh yes, we can Donal.  I'm not going to play by the rules on this one, this is going to far.  For the public to behave this way on the cusp of human extinction is simply insulting, I'm not putting up with it when there is something I can do about it."  The elevator chimes sound, you've reached level fourteen.
A team of Martian council guards are stupid enough to try to stop you, the first two go down almost instantly.  Donal surprises you by flip-throwing the next into a wall, you finish the last by hurling him through the double doors of the press auditorium.  Storming in, another set of guards tries to engage, you almost laugh when four Terran Marines drop from the balcony overhead and drop the under-trained security like sandbags, the leader of the team nods to you as you pass.
You have no idea just how many recording devices are currently aimed at you, but there are at least five-hundred assorted media persons present.
Standing at the podium at center stage is General Alfe, standing 5'11" and looking delightful in her dress reds, her brown hair has a light frosting of gray, mostly from stress, her blue eyes are currently giving you the most baleful glare ever presented to man by woman.  For the moment you disregard that, she hasn't been eating enough, and that just makes you angrier, you'll tell her off for that later.
First you'll deal with these media morons.

Mission: Tell the media exactly what you think of them, then start a riot, because why not
Reaver: unknown
Location: Main auditorium, 14th floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

blazing glory

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2014, 03:25:15 am »

Kick a few of them in the baby makers,tell the rest that they'll get the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2014, 04:54:59 am »

Destroy at least one camera but make sure some are still left, grab someone's belt and start tearing up the news teams, making sure to avoid hurting any beautiful ladies. Then hop up on stage and give the public a stern talking to. Tell them off for being jerkasses during such an important time for humanity, and tell them that the general isn't stepping down even if she wants to, because she rules.

blazing glory

« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2014, 05:13:08 am »

Destroy at least one camera but make sure some are still left, grab someone's belt and start tearing up the news teams, making sure to avoid hurting any beautiful ladies. Then hop up on stage and give the public a stern talking to. Tell them off for being jerkasses during such an important time for humanity, and tell them that the general isn't stepping down even if she wants to, because she rules.

That's better then mine,1+.

even if she wants to, because she rules.

Maaaaybe leave out that part.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2014, 06:49:37 am »

That's better then mine,1+.

even if she wants to, because she rules.

Maaaaybe leave out that part.
+1 but switch out rules with something along the lines of "she's one of the best humanity has to offer!"

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2014, 01:30:51 am »

Hey guys, this still isn't dead, but it may sit idle for another week, my wife's going out of town and that leaves to deal with the boys.  After we work through this segment we'll be shifting over to the warmaster for a bit, so you have that to look forward to.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2014, 04:43:27 pm »

Sure thing boss.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2014, 07:45:10 am »

You ponder for a moment the best course of action to display your discontent, thankfully, one of the reporters hands you an opening on a silver platter.
"And here is Captain Lind, the Savior of Mars, Captain, could you give us a statement regarding General Alfe's likely removal from her position?"
Knowing instinctively that there will never be a better moment, you reply simply and succinctly,  "General Alfe isn't going anywhere, but all of you are."  Without hesitation your fist rises in a perfect uppercut, connecting solidly with the miserable asshole's jaw.  Teeth and blood spray from his mouth, not showing mercy, you follow up with a brutal roundhouse kick to the head, the reporter goes down as cameras flash.  Not another word is spoken, only screams and groans of pain fill the air for nearly ten minutes as you methodically beat the crowd of worthless paparazzi into the terrain.  Finally satisfied that these morons are listening, you ascend to the pulpit and point the general to her chair, she looks very surprised as she takes her seat.
"Now to comment on a number of matters that need to be clearly addressed.  First, General Alfe will not be stepping down as the head of the Martian Guard.  Second, I am hereby declaring Martian independence from the General Council.  Third, I am appropriating High Admiral Kruschev's battlefleet.  And finally, I am ordering Terra Gov to cease all attempts at a punitive invasion of Ocarai space.  Now piss off you damned vultures."

Mission: INSURRECTION!!!
Status: Healthy, declaring yourself to be above the law, government, hell and high water.
Reaver: unknown
Location: Main auditorium, 14th floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2014, 07:49:25 am »

That, was probably not the smartest decision he could have made. Now then, what do we do?
Actually, I have a few questions.
1. Could the government have us executed now?
2. If not, on what grounds can the government execute a person? If yes, how much time would it be after our capture but before our execution?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2014, 07:57:12 am »

Actually, due to the radical redesign of this future's political system, the government cannot take any action at all until a general vote is held.  The current form of government in this setting is general consensus, any time an alternative is stated as intent, the affected parties have to come to consensus, if that fails, then arbitration begins.  Basically, Lind just kicked the feet out from under the General Council, until the matter can be resolved.

Edit: Yes, this is a horrible system, and should automatically fail, but it functions because no one wants it to fail, just like most other government forms.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:24:41 am by NullForceOmega »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:31 am »

We can appropriate an entire fleet just because we beat up a bunch of reporters?

I am perfectly fine with this.

Nunzillor

« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2014, 11:47:43 am »

Because the Ocarai's ships are designed with light armor due to not believing heavy resistance is possible, wouldn't a retaliatory orbital strike as soon as possible actually be a good idea?  We need to hit them before they can redesign and manufacture a replacement fleet, right?

Also, if this is the general that organized Mars' defense, can we really say that she did a good job?  The heavy weapons that should have been distributed to our forces were locked up in an armory.  One heavily-injured man with the right weapons took down almost all of the enemy forces, at which point they retreated!  Imagine if all C class and all D class weapons, however few there may be, were properly equipped on as many soldiers as possible at the time of the battle.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:15:05 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15