Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles  (Read 34339 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles
« Reply #375 on: February 02, 2015, 02:24:59 pm »

"Well, I don't have a rope, and even if I did I don't trust that water not to smash us against the rocks once we get down there.  I could probably lay down a line on the ground as we go if we decide to give that-" Robin gestures to the direction of the labyrinth "-a try, so at least we shouldn't get lost. That's of course assuming it's not spelled to keep us lost."

I THINK Prestidigitation can work this way, right? It says it lets you do minor feats of magic for an hour, one of which says you can color items (does the ground count?) in a 1 foot cube every round. I figure even if that's too slow to lay down a solid line, a dotted line would still be useful.

Edit: Just wanted to let people know. dndtools.eu is linked in the OP and it's been cease-and-desisted out of existence. Sort of. It's been mirrored in a number of places that pop right up as soon as you google them. I don't know much about how reputable they are, but the information looks identical, as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:27:03 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2015, 02:27:48 pm »

"Well, I don't have a rope, and even if I did I don't trust that water not to smash us against the rocks once we get down there.  I could probably lay down a line on the ground as we go if we decide to give that-" Robin gestures to the direction of the labyrinth "-a try, so at least we shouldn't get lost. That's of course assuming it's not spelled to keep us lost."

I THINK Prestidigitation can work this way, right? It says it lets you do minor feats of magic for an hour, one of which says you can color items (does the ground count?) in a 1 foot cube every round. I figure even if that's too slow to lay down a solid line, a dotted line would still be useful.

Edit: Just wanted to let people know. dndtools.eu is linked in the OP and it's been cease-and-desisted out of existence. Sort of. It's been mirrored in a number of places that pop right up as soon as you google them. I don't know much about how reputable they are, but the information looks identical, as far as I can tell.
((Can't you just make a box of chalk with that?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »

Maybe? I've always had it basically used to make mostly unconvincing facsimiles of things when it was used, and since it specifically says they can't be used as tools I figured I'd pick another option. I guess the real question is "Can I use Prestidigitation to make some sort of bread crumb trail that won't vanish once the spell duration expires?"
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 02, 2015, 03:11:35 pm »

Maybe? I've always had it basically used to make mostly unconvincing facsimiles of things when it was used, and since it specifically says they can't be used as tools I figured I'd pick another option. I guess the real question is "Can I use Prestidigitation to make some sort of bread crumb trail that won't vanish once the spell duration expires?"
((Spool of magical string maybe? Its very vague on what you can do with it. I think a guy did it once to give a guy a handfull of gems in a pouch for cash, but he got found out since it fades after awhile, but by then, he was out of town))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:25 pm »

I'll let you use prestidigitation to color your footprints, yeah.
Actually, it'll be literally footprints, all Marauder's Map style.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »

Robin casts Prestidigitation on his oversized feet.

He now leaves footprints of a glowing blue color.
The Derail Thread

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:21 pm »

Yay colorful feet.

Robin waves the others on as he walks into the maze, "Well, unless anyone else has a better idea, let's give this a try."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:50 pm »

Yay colorful feet.

Robin waves the others on as he walks into the maze, "Well, unless anyone else has a better idea, let's give this a try."

Spencer follows, knowing anywhere is better then here

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2015, 11:24:40 pm »

((Since Garenth hardly has anywhere to go without Robin, and Bret suggested the Right Hand rule to get out, I'm assuming they'll be ok with following you guys, since the game is rather lagging right now, and I want to get on with it.))

Robin sets out walking from the room, leaving blue glows in his wake.
Good thing Halflings have big feet, it's easy to spot.
Spencer, Bret, and Garenth all follow him.

They walk though multiple rooms, none of them seeming any more unique than the previous ones.
Suddenly, the area shakes!

[Balance Checks:
Robin: 17+2=Success!
Spencer: 1!+2=Major Failure!
Garenth: 6+2=Failure!
Bret: 4+2=Failure!]

Robin hardly notices the shaking at all, but sees his companions all hit the floor! Spencer in particular slams into the floor hard enough that his arm smashes through the floor, and gets it stuck!
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2015, 12:01:23 am »

Use hammer on wood ((Zork Style)) Get my arm out of there

"Damn! What on earth was that!?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

"Quake?"
Try and pull him out.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2015, 10:51:47 am »

"It just felt like the floor shifting a bit, but maybe it was something bigger. I hope this building is still stable after the ship hit it.

Oh, once you get your arm out of the floor, we should take a look through the hole. Maybe you made a shortcut for us.
"

As they work on that, Robin is looking around for aftereffects of the shaking.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:53:38 am by Bluerobin »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2015, 07:49:01 pm »

"It just felt like the floor shifting a bit, but maybe it was something bigger. I hope this building is still stable after the ship hit it.

Oh, once you get your arm out of the floor, we should take a look through the hole. Maybe you made a shortcut for us.
"

As they work on that, Robin is looking around for aftereffects of the shaking.
"Aye lad."

Use hammer on floor to get arm free and clear it of any debris

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2015, 11:22:54 am »

"Oof! Well that was certainly... something."  Garenth picks himself up off the floor and dusts himself off. "Hmm... this maze seems very well-designed..." He mumbles something about his own private wizard tower before trying to help pull Spence out of the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]