Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles  (Read 34347 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »

Oh it's a tower. Robin follows suit, grabs any loot he can, and follows Joe.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2015, 06:30:21 pm »

"Drop the dagger and tell me what you were doing and why you hide your deeds. I'm giving you ten seconds before my hammer strikes your skull to tell me.

Ten... Nine..."

Count down from ten, cracking my knuckles as I ready my hammer and if he doesn't say what he was doing, regardless of what he says, strike him right in the skull. If he talks but doesn't drop the dagger, strike his hand where the dagger is. (Another intimidation check!)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2015, 08:21:38 pm »

Garenth sees Robin and Joe leap off the boat and, realizing that swimming in a robe is probably not a good idea, tries to leap into the tower as well!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »

Spencer cracked his knuckles before raising his hammer.

"Drop the dagger and tell me what you were doing and why you hide your deeds. I'm giving you ten seconds before my hammer strikes your skull to tell me.

Ten... Nine..."

His counting is cut off, as a robed person bumps into him from behind, with an animated quarterstaff spinning after him!
The man then collides into Spencer's target, throwing them both into the wall, before being pinned in place by the magic stick.

Another person, looking like a cleric, runs into the room, and stops as he sees the ensuing chaos.

As if that wasn't enough, a pair of wizards bursts into the room through a window, followed by a giant ship plowing through the wall, tearing the room in half!

Everyone covers their eyes, and after the splinters stops flying, they open them to see the room they are standing in with half of it just plain gone, and now looking over water, and a large pile of scrap wood at the bottom.
The two guys pinned to the wall are now nowhere to be seen.

The room (or what's left of it) is now occupied by Spencer, Bret, Robin, and Garenth.

A quarterstaff flies out of the wreckage, and into Bret's hands.

((That's how you merge a party, bitches.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

Turn to the quarterstaff guy who bumped into me. Grab him by the scruff of his neck and bring him close to my face

"You better have a damn good explanation for what's going on"

Turn to the wizards briefly

"You two are getting some extra time to explain the ship"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »

"Where do you get off, yelling at us?! We've just been in a shipwreck! You're the one who was safely on land, you tell US what's going on!"

Ok, I think I'll stick with purple. The blue and blue glow were taken I think, and it makes things a little easier I guess.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2015, 09:51:02 pm »

"Where do you get off, yelling at us?! We've just been in a shipwreck! You're the one who was safely on land, you tell US what's going on!"

Ok, I think I'll stick with purple. The blue and blue glow were taken I think, and it makes things a little easier I guess.

"Right when I was dealing with a suspicious person who is now dead before I could get any information. My allies will probably be here in minutes and wonder why I smote this one with a ship... And a summoned quarterstaff..."

Tighten my grip on the staffholder's collar

"So we have a couple of wizards trying to work a ship by themselves and this guy.

So... Who are you, conjurer?"

Detect evil on this guy, from what the others told me, he's one of those guys I'm hunting. Also, quickly take a good look at each one, attempting to remember details of them in case they run off

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »

"H-hey there! W-we don't need to fight!  We just had some business in Ravencrest and we were attacked on the boat."
Garenth thinks for a minute before continuing, "Besides, you're outnumbered for now, and I don't think fighting two people at once is a wise idea."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:32:44 pm by Cthulufaic »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2015, 11:16:44 pm »

"H-hey there! W-we don't need to fight!  We just had some business in Ravencrest and we were attacked on the boat."
Garenth thinks for a minute before continuing, "Besides, you're outnumbered for now, and I don't think fighting two people at once is a wise idea."
Detect evil on this one

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2015, 09:28:35 am »

You examine them all, and not a one is evil.
Doesn't rule out the possibility of being a jerk, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2015, 11:02:49 am »

((Damn, no smite evil for me...))
Let go of the guys collar and drop him

"None of you seem to be evil... But it doesn't explain to me this ship incident. If you all would be so kind as to take this outside in case the rest of the room is taken by the waters, that would be wonderful. I don't plan on joining Aegir in his hall for the drowned..."

Exit the room, looking for my companions but staying at the door

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:52 am »

Robin rolls his eyes, then looks around for any ship or tower remnants that could be used as a weapon, even just as a basic club. If he finds anything useful he'll pick it up, tuck it in his belt (assuming he has one), and walk past the crazy guy.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »

Bret, finally finished brushing the dust out of his eyes, looks around blinking for a moment, noticing that the assassin disappeared. "Where'd the hooded one go?"

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 10, 2015, 10:08:37 am »

Wrong thread, sorry.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »

Bret, finally finished brushing the dust out of his eyes, looks around blinking for a moment, noticing that the assassin disappeared. "Where'd the hooded one go?"
"Hel's Hall, conjurer."

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26