Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: General Troubleshooting Thread  (Read 543 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
General Troubleshooting Thread
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »

In the last couple of months I've been noticing an increase of threads for troubleshooting. I figured that board clutter isn't the best thing around so I may as well create a thread for any and all troubleshooting involving games.

On a related note, I'm trying to run Diablo 2 with the Median XL mod, and the game is running very quickly. As in it is going so fast, that I am having trouble playing the game because both I and the enemies move far too quickly.

EDIT: Scratch that, it appears to have fixed itself somehow. Seems to always be the way it happens. Anyways, troubleshoot to your hearts content.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:37:38 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: General Troubleshooting Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:47:07 pm »

Has anybody ever figured out how to get the FMV movies in Metal Gear Solid working on Windows 7? They only show black and purple lines, and a cursory Google search only reveals that apparently nobody has ever fixed this problem. I've run it with every combination of compatibility and display settings I can think of.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 02:07:18 am »

Has anybody ever figured out how to get the FMV movies in Metal Gear Solid working on Windows 7? They only show black and purple lines, and a cursory Google search only reveals that apparently nobody has ever fixed this problem. I've run it with every combination of compatibility and display settings I can think of.

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_metal_gear_solid.shtml
patch?

I don't even like MGS so I didn't test the patch, in fact I couldn't even if I wanted to, but several people claim this works for them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 04:19:43 am »

There's "JA2 Stracciatella Continued" too
https://bitbucket.org/gennady/ja2-stracciatella
That resume work on the Stracciatella project that was finished some years ago, and that along being multiplatform is fixing the 1.12 bugs but do not go into adding or modifying things (and so adding new bugs) like the 1.13 mod does.

I can't say if it's better than 1.06/1.07 that often people mention being better than 1.12 (though 1.12 fixed the long standing " infamous "burst bug" which prevented some bullets from hitting a character if they were standing when hit" that should still be in 1.06/1.07) , but if you're not interested in the 1.13 mod , this could be the best way to play with the last version of JA2, but with much less bugs.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:23:12 am by Robsoie »