Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34770 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »

In that case, tell him "it's just something someone told us to go do, and since were new to the town i don't want to disappoint people with bad promises."
"Yeah, you got the right idea, baby. Only way to get forward in this town is by doing things for people. Heh, don't ask me about all the stupid courier jobs I had to do a few years back. Living here is like living in a bad RPG, sometimes." Jukka shakes his head in remembrance. "Kraus is the perfect choice cos she's so high up. Anyway, be careful around Azucena. Try not to make too many deals, she'll cut you to pieces and hang you out to dry."

Let him continue with the gender mistake, it'll make it all the more amusing later. Otherwise, that.

Ask what is going on near Kraus and the guards.
Jukka smiles at you. "You wanna go out for that drink?"

The spikes fire out, missing most of the guards. Kraus pulls out an expendable cattle prod and flicks it on, brutally slamming it into the kid's forehead. Before he can scream in pain, Kraus grabs him by the neck and another guard puts a bag over his head, muffling his screams. Jukka pays no mind to this, not even turning around. You notice a slightly desperate look in his eye, and a slight twitch toward the right, to see what is going on. Daniella is running away from the scene and towards you with fear in her eyes.
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »

Nonchalantly, run away and go to Azucena's place.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2014, 06:18:50 pm »

I'm thinking it is a good idea to leave now, talk to you later?
Wait for response, then do what WM suggested.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2014, 06:33:54 pm »

Yes to everything but waiting for the answer, let's just leave.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

Jukka frowns a bit. "Er, I guess that's coo--"
You break off in a run. Daniella makes a turn and quickly follows you. "Oh God, what was with that guy? And that poor kid who got nabbed by those guards... This place is freaky!". You keep quiet for once and keep walking away from that weirdo and the distinctly Orwellian vibes of this whole place. It takes you about ten minutes, but you eventually arrive at 17 Silver Walk. It's so large it actually takes up a few house spaces, seeming more like a country club then an actual house. There's a few guys hanging outside wearing school jumpers and black trainers, happily chatting away with each other.

"This isn't really what I expected." Daniella says, looking at the house.
"I'm guessing that this mansion wasn't a random gift. Man, why do people you're repeatedly warned are incredibly dangerous are the ones who get the nice houses?" you say, shaking your head.
"I'm sure she's lovely." Daniella says. "Who told you that, anyway? The guard who kidnaps people off the street in broad daylight or the weirdo who hits on random people in an extremely creepy fashion?"

What should you do now?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2014, 02:32:05 pm »

Greet the guards. Say you have a letter for Azucena that we were asked to deliver personally.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »

Ask the people where to find the person we are delivering to is, do not accept any liquids or food or anything similar.

Actually as a standard rule from now on, no liquids or food from any sources we did not retrieve it from or cannot be vouched for by sealed packages. This includes restaurants. So no restaurants, we better learn how to cook.

I am extremely against getting a parasite from a manipulator. Also avoid skin contact when not around people designated as safe by us, just as a precaution.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2014, 02:39:57 pm »

Ask the people where to find the person we are delivering to is, do not accept any liquids or food or anything similar.

Actually as a standard rule from now on, no liquids or food from any sources we did not retrieve it from or cannot be vouched for by sealed packages. This includes restaurants. So no restaurants, we better learn how to cook.

I am extremely against getting a parasite from a manipulator. Also avoid skin contact when not around people designated as safe by us, just as a precaution.
A paranoid trap. This will be fun. +1

EDIT: When we become a super-villain our fearsome name will be (Paranoid)Hyper Trap!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:44:29 pm by Worldmaster27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2014, 02:41:47 pm »

Paranoid hyper trap.

Unless we know they are not a Manipulator or under the influence of one, do not touch.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 02:43:57 pm »

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »

+1

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »

(Is it bad that I'm really enjoying watching my players jumping at the shadow of an enemy I've barely implied?)

You remember around the time you were six, your private school showed you an informational film about manipulators. That time you learned that in New York, during the Burnings, there was this Burner manipulator. Instead of just killing everyone like a regular Burner, he kept them alive, but got his bugs into the water supply of the city then everyone started drinking the water... Then he activated the bugs. All of New York was under his control, and it was one of the three times that the Defence Forces had to deploy a tactical nuke to defeat a Burner and their partisan forces. They say in the New York sewers, deep down, there's a whole hive of manipulator bugs, totally free of any control so any Manipulator could just grab them. And if they get into the water table...

You spent as long as you could making sure to only drink bottled water and packaged food. When your mother told you that you should stop being silly cos a Manipulator could get their bugs into packaged food and bottled water, you had a rather large freak out and tried to get yourself checked into the hospital for manipulator infection. They were just beginning the treatment when your dad came in, grabbed you by the arm, and pulled you out. He shouted at you the whole way back home, and all you said was that you were just taking precautions.

You hate Manipulators. You hate the idea of being controlled by a tiny parasite that you wouldn't even know about, and you hate the idea of someone you don't know being able to pull your body along to their wishes like a puppeteer.

Greet the guards. Say you have a letter for Azucena that we were asked to deliver personally.
"So yeah, I was at that last club meeting, and Azucena says Kraus is stepping on too many toes this time." says the first student.
"Hah, Kraus. She the chick with the white hair? God, she's like 50 and she looks my grandma." says the second.
"Telegram for Azucena! Hey, you never hear that in movies anymore. My dad showed me this cowboy film, I think it was Blazing Saddles? Anyway, there's this bit where a guy gets a candygram. That's like a telegram with candy. Why does no one do that anymore? That would be so kickass unless that guy was a Manipulator then it would be weird and if you ate the candy you should probably take some Anti-Manip pills really quick. Anyway, a non-candygram telegram message for Azucena that needs to be delivered personally."

The two look at each other with the sort of look only friends can develop. The first one goes "Okay, who's it from?"

Daniella smiles and is about to say Kraus, but since they didn't seem very happy about her you give Daniella a gentle kick in the shin and she, instead of an aggression abusing name, lets out a sound similar to Kraguufagoowww.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »

Some random security person told us to give this letter thing to her and told us what street and building to go to, we're new so we decided it would be a bad idea to get on anybody's bad side and just went with it.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »

Use our anti-manipulator combat bluffing skills to say that Kraunsk sent it. He's a higher-up, dontchya know?

If this doesn't seem like a good plan, then +1 to Kevak's suggestion.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:07:23 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

Some random security person told us to give this letter thing to her and told us what street and building to go to, we're new so we decided it would be a bad idea to get on anybody's bad side and just went with it.

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37